Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-05, 05:18 PM   #1
hunter1
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Buzz-baits

Hello again, first I would like to say thanks to everyone on the great advice for muddy water. I was fishing in our weekly tournament last night and my partner and I were thowing buzz baits. I think I was throwing one I picked up at wal-mart and He didn't remember were He got his. We were both thowing white and he caught more fish than me and had far more strikes. The only thing I could tell was different was his seemed to make a little more clicking noise than mine. Would that make that much of a difference. Maybe that is what triggered the strike. Can any of you guys tell me what buzzers you have success with and maybe what the difference is with them?
hunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 05:22 PM   #2
Dyas
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Yes it could have had a lot of diference. He probably had a clanker on his. The clanker has helped me get more strikes when I fish the which is rare............
Old 08-18-05, 05:39 PM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It's CLACKER, not clanker LOL. I use a two prop Buzzking, and haven't found any that produce better for me, including the Clacker style. Also remember that location is always a huge factor. If he's hitting cover better than you, or beofre you, then that can make all the difference in the world. Try to bring it over the edges of mats. Don't be afraid to bump into logs either. Fish it in the gunk, and you will have success.

Lizards
Old 08-18-05, 05:52 PM   #4
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

My bad................ I knew it wasn't right but I forgot how to spell............lol
Old 08-18-05, 05:53 PM   #5
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Liz,
Do you use a buzzbait with a clacker in non-muddy water,or does it matter
on the stain/waves on the water?

16 days till my fishing vacation to Percy Priest in Nashville.THANK GOD!!!!!!!

Denny
Old 08-18-05, 06:43 PM   #6
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_ohio
Liz,
Do you use a buzzbait with a clacker in non-muddy water,or does it matter
on the stain/waves on the water?

16 days till my fishing vacation to Percy Priest in Nashville.THANK GOD!!!!!!!

Denny
I have the clacker's and don't use them at all. Very few folks throw a dual prop Buzzbait, so usually I already have a different look, sound. I have had guys swear by the clackers, but I think it's more location of the bait. The dual prop puts off more vibes, and is easier to keep on top, even at slower speeds. I have bought some other than the Buzzking brand, and just keep going back to them. I could care less about the water clarity when using a buzzbait. I hardly ever fish them in open water, I use other topwaters, such as spooks, sammy's pop-r's etc... in open water. I will use them if the fish are schooling but that's it. A buzzbait is a reaction type bait. Fish it close to cover, and hold on. Ideally I like to bring it over weeds, and wood. The fish hit it from ambush with a vengance. I have a great amount of success with buzzbaits, but just like everything else, there's always a time and place. To address the water clarity more. The coal pit I fish right now has visibility to 15 feet in some places. I still catch fish, around the cover, buy bringing it by the cover or preferrably over the cover. If they are gonna hit, they are gonna hit, and IMO the buzzing makes them hit an awful lot of times, they can't see it coming, but can feel it coming. And as soon as it gets close to them BOOM. And I will fish them with or without waves, I would prefer no waves, but it won't keep me from throwing them even if there are waves.

Lizards
Old 08-18-05, 07:15 PM   #7
pig n jig

In my opinion, the Cavitron buzzbait is the best buzzbait on the market.Of course someone else will tell you different , but do your self a favor and buy at least one Cavitron buzzbait and compare it to any other brand. You won't be sorry you did. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 07:28 PM   #8
JB

Where can I get one pnj?

whats the lead head look like, do they have the flat lead that glides better?
thats the only kind i will run. it looks like a spear head
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 07:49 PM   #9
angelus40
BassFishin.Com Active Member

yea where? dicks... bass pro. wally world opps wal-mart?
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 10:39 PM   #10
chuck n
BassFishin.Com Member

You can buy them at their website.

http://www.cavitronlures.com
Old 08-19-05, 12:01 AM   #11
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1
The only thing I could tell was different was his seemed to make a little more clicking noise than mine. Would that make that much of a difference. Maybe that is what triggered the strike. Can any of you guys tell me what buzzers you have success with and maybe what the difference is with them?
I wouldn't bother wondering why he caught more, it could be an added clacker, shorter skirt, less of that chemical produced by the skin that bass don't like the smell of, could be better placed casts, luck, or any number of reasons. Trying to figure out why fish respond under certain conditions can be just about impossible over one or 2 fishing trips.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.