Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-09, 12:31 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Line comparison

I am currious as to what is the difference between the Sufix Elite line and Sufix Siege line? Reading the descriptions, I'm not sure what the difference is. Is one made for more open water while the other is more abrasion resistant for working heavy cover? I have my favorite lines, but after reading so many possitive comments about Sufix lines, I thought I'd check into them.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 01:00 PM   #2
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Keith, the best way I could describe them is compare them to two well known (yet not nearly as good) lines. Trilene XT and XL. The Sufix Seige is going to be more like the XT; more abrasion resistant, and probably a bit stiffer than it's counterpart. The Sufix Elite (which is what I mostly use for mono) is like the XL; limper and probably more manageable, but probably not as tough as its counterpart.

Hope this helps.

BB
Old 12-31-09, 01:16 PM   #3
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

BB makes a good point..I use the Suffix Siege in both 10 & 17lb and I like it alot...Its a bit stiffer,but definitley alot more relaxed than others I used in XT abrasive resistant lines...I currently have two reels spooled with both Suffix 17lb and P-line CXX 17LB....The Suffix feels alot better as far as stiffness goes imo...Over all I still like the Siege better between the two.
I been wanting to try the Elite line..My buddy uses it and wont buy anything else.
Me? Im a gambling man.
Old 01-01-10, 11:32 AM   #4
keithdog

Okie Dokie, thanks for the info buds.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 01:14 PM   #5
Bassboss

Sufix Elite is more of a finesse, long casting, and limp line. Sufix siege is little more stiff, more low stretch, and has better abrasive resistant qualities. Much better for fishing in heavy cover.

Something similar to BigB's comparison. P-line CX, CXX. CX is more of a finesse line, and limper. CXX (my new favourite line ). CXX has a MUCH higher braking strength, and is more abrasive resistant. I however disagree with WaffleJaw comparison. 17lb sufix will fish more like 17lb. 17lb CXX will fish more like 25lb (I would think from using the 12lb). I think if one was to compare these two line they should use 10lb CXX, and 17lb sufix. 10lb CXX has roughly a 40% stronger braking strength. So 10lb CXX would be closer to 17lb sufix if you wanted to make a fair comparison.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.