Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-09, 01:51 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default da monkey...

made me do it..

some of ya know i was forced to sell my old malibu kayak... i have now just gotten a new one.. it's a prowler big game by ocean kayak..sit on top yak..

i have not yet rigged the yak-i do have all winter to do it-the one thing i like about this yak. is it's wide at 29", my old one was 21" wide and was not all that comfortable..6 hours was about i could stand. afore the hull molding ate into my but cheeks..

ok so i got it for one hell of a deal at bps $699+ tax-$720 all told...regular price on this thing is $900...

so you all will be seeing some fishin pics this summer from low to the water..instead of standing up...

zooker
Old 12-08-09, 02:16 PM   #2
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thats an awesome deal!!
I fish quite a bit from small wooden canoes...Ive been looking at that same Kayak for awhile now..Something I can throw on top of the car..and easily maintain without paying registration every year,lol
I love the advantages of Kayak fishing.,......congrats on the new toy!
Old 12-08-09, 02:49 PM   #3
zooker

wiffle jaw
this is not a light job you can just "throw on top the car" if your looking to hoist to car top try a trident by ocean kayak..

mine is around 100 pounds empty-an akward 100 pounds-i think the trident is around 70pounds.. please note they claim 56 pounds on the trident and 79 pounds on the big game. thats BEFORE they add lids, straps,seat,rod holders,and tie down loops...i had a lil buggy/cart i strapped on my malibu and wheeled it around..the ol malibu was 16 feet and a true pita to move around out of the water..i fish the salt flats and ocean from a yak.. there is a bunch of holes around here i can get into with the yak and fish that i can not do with my boat..

zooker
Old 12-08-09, 02:56 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Wow, Zook. That looks GREAT! Seems like it would be perfect for some of the "too small for an outboard", but "too big to bank fish" lakes around my house.

I wonder how many times I would capsize one getting used to it.
Old 12-08-09, 03:06 PM   #5
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
wiffle jaw
this is not a light job you can just "throw on top the car" if your looking to hoist to car top try a trident by ocean kayak..

mine is around 100 pounds empty-an akward 100 pounds-i think the trident is around 70pounds.. please note they claim 56 pounds on the trident and 79 pounds on the big game. thats BEFORE they add lids, straps,seat,rod holders,and tie down loops...i had a lil buggy/cart i strapped on my malibu and wheeled it around..the ol malibu was 16 feet and a true pita to move around out of the water..i fish the salt flats and ocean from a yak.. there is a bunch of holes around here i can get into with the yak and fish that i can not do with my boat..

zooker
I did look at the Tridents as well...I would basically take either one at a good price (used)
Thats makes sense about the weight difference,thanks for the heads up...I would probably make a ramping system out of PVC piping to easily slide on and off the car...Instead of trying to dead lift it.
We have smaller lakes that dont allow motorized boats on them,but canoes and kayaks all day long...And apparently,the fishing on them is a hidden treasure!...Plus I wanted to drop in on the bigger creeks where the boats cant get to...I have alot of areas like that....
Old 12-08-09, 07:47 PM   #6
keithdog

Very cool yak Zooker. Talk about a stealth approach. You can smeak up on'em real nice with that.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 10:28 PM   #7
bamabassman

I still ain't getting in it zooker. Hahahaha, but it IS nice man. Hope you have fun in it.
Old 12-09-09, 09:30 AM   #8
danielbasspro
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Waffle, fishing on small lakes is key. I have caught my biggest bass (12) pounds on a small no motorized private lake by my house we waited until three o clock in the morning and hopped a few fences and finally got there and it was maybe my fifth or so cast and wham was a huge one. Right after I got it in the cops pulled up and we all layed in the grass and they just drove off. It might have been Lake Eola?? cant really remember
Old 12-09-09, 11:47 AM   #9
Abbeysdad

Oh c'mon - that waffle jaw can press 200 lbs holding a sandwich in one hand!

lol

and tehnically, that aint the monkey....but a young [boat] gorilla.
Old 12-11-09, 11:51 PM   #10
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Zook, awesome new yak!

it looks like a nanner! (hehehe, I had to say it)

BB
Old 12-12-09, 07:24 PM   #11
Bassboss

haha, zooker got a yak!

Great looking yak zook, I'd love to do some yaking here in fl in some of the rivers! I don't have the money, but 5 minutes from my house their's a place where you can rent one for about a day for 50 bucks!

Someday....
Old 12-16-09, 01:22 AM   #12
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

If I tell you I got a yak, it doesn't mean I have a big, hairy animal in the back yard, it means pull over, Ron White. How is the stability in a "yak"? I have thought about it, but if it is like fishing out of a canoe, uh, no. I am not loosing my stuff and getting the trucker's butt from sitting for 6 hours. But I know you sit low to the water, but man it seems narrow. And you see the dudes doing rolls in the rapids. Just gimme the 411 on the stability and I will stop. hahahahaha
Old 12-16-09, 02:28 PM   #13
zooker

dubba

this one here is a modified tunnel hull. that is 39" wide.it is as stable as the jon boat it is sitting on,actually more so..i have got water in it once, but dam near fell out of the boat doing so.. yes you "could" stand up in it..however i have the high dallor gel seat so sitting is easy..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.