Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-11, 04:28 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Blood suger out of whack?

I had an episode the other night that I am still trying to figure out. We went to Ashleys Furniture to look at ottomans. Then after that we went to Logans Roadhouse to eat dinner. While we were eating I needed to go to the bathroom so I excused myself from the table and was on my way. I swore I was only in there for maybe 5 minutes but Britney was all worried about me when I came out and said I was in there for almost 45 minutes. I felt really weird all night, I can't explain it but everything just seemed really cloudy to me. Then when we get home and go to bed I tossed and turned and couldn't go to sleep (this isn't uncommon for me). I was laying there in bed and I guess I somewhat delusional because I started freaking out and doing backwards summersaults off the bed. It scared Britney to death (she was sleeping at the time lol), I couldn't make myself try to talk at first but after a few minutes of just freaking out I told her that I felt something that felt like a spider crawling on my back (she decided to get out of bed now too lol). We turn on the lights and of course, no spider. Twice I almost fell asleep and then just jumped and felt like I got shocked and I seen a bright flash of light. Later on I fell asleep and slep well the rest of the night. The next day as I looked back on it everything was sort of a blurr, I could remember everything that happened but it was really cloudy and I couldn't explain to anyone exactly how I felt. The best way I can describe it is that it was like having too much to drink and everything just being cloudy (haha it was like getting tanked but not having a hangover. If I could bottle that stuff I could sell it and make a fortune lol). I didn't have anything to drink other than Dr. Pepper, and hadn't eaten much all day. I told Britney that I had never been druged before but if I had to guess, I would guess it to feel like that. Looking back I didn't realize it at the time but I didn't feel well at the furniture store either so I can pretty much rule out someone slipping me a Mickey in my Dr. Pepper haha. Anyways I have low blood sugar, and when it drops I do feel strange but I have never experienced anything like this before. I feel great now (2 days later) but I am obviously a little alarmed at what happened. I was wondering if anyone on here has blood sugar issues and maybe has had something similiar happen to them. I am going to have to go to the doctor one of these days and get everything checked out but I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 05:17 PM   #2
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My father has blood sugar issues (im sure i am headed for diabetes in my old age as all teh males in his family get it eventually). But I have never heard of anything like you describe. Usually as blood sugar drops you get ill, headaches, nausea, drowsiness, and eventually pass out. But to have a temporary blackout like the onle you experienced that made teh bathroom visit seem so short isnt normal, simply because you came back out of it without getting sugar in yoru system. I would consult a doctor as it may be something more serious like a nervous system issue.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 05:59 PM   #3
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I went to a guys house several years ago to get some computer work done. He was going to design some things for me and make a disk that I could take to a print shop. The guy seemed fine when I got there but as we started working on it he started acting very strange. He had done some similar work for me before so I knew he wasn't a freak, but he was freaking me out. he soon couldn't concentrate on the computer and would make dumb mistakes. He thought the comp wasn't working right and went through several reboots. He then just walked out and started screaming, then he came back and acted fine for a few minutes. I asked him if he was alright and he asked me why? I told him he didn't seem to be feeling very well. I thought he had smoked some bad drugs just before I got there. Thankfully, his wife got home soon after that, I made an excuss to leave the room and told her what had went on. She called an ambulance and I later found out that he had almost died from an extremly wacked out blood sugar episode. He was only in is 30's at the time and didn't have any idea that he had any health problems. A few days later, he called me up and apolagized for whatever had went on, but he only had a very fogy recolection of my having been there at all. Don't ignore what happend to you, get to a doctor soon.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 06:38 PM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

My Grandma has severe diabetes. Her sugar can drop to extreme lows in the 40s and her highs can spike around 500. Only a few parts of what you describe go along with what we've experienced with her. The main thing that resembles a sugar low to me is your blurry recollection of what happened.

There are a few reasons I don't feel this is blood sugar related. Two major signs of extremely low blood sugar is incoherent speech, and that is usually accompanied by confusion, neither of which you had. Also, if it was a sugar low, you'd have been fine after you ate dinner. I've never heard of anything like you described of what happened later that night associated with diabetes either.

Are you taking any medications? Has you doctor(s) added any new ones recently? My first though would be a bad interaction between two or more meds. If you are on any meds, especially new ones, talk to your pharmacist about them. Many doctors don't know how different drugs interact with each other, that's not what they're trained for. If you aren't on any meds or there have been any changes in your meds lately, I would go see your doctor about this.

BB
Old 02-19-11, 10:24 PM   #5
bamabassman

kory, my mother has diabetes. she wears the pump as well as my brothers oldest daughter. YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR ASAP!! tell them, let them run as many tests as they want. this is a sign pal.early detection is the key. you may need medication.

GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW!!!!

papa-john and aunt-lisa said so.
Old 02-19-11, 11:07 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

No Anthony I am not taking any meds, I should have mentioned that in my original post. My aunt on my moms side has diabetes and has had some odd stuff happen to her when her blood sugar is on the fritts, that is what made me wonder if it could be related. Believe me when I say that I have no choice but to go to the doctor, Britney is very adamant about me getting checked out lol.
Old 02-19-11, 11:38 PM   #7
WaffleJaw

Yea man definitely get that checked out,and keep us updated!
Old 02-20-11, 01:45 AM   #8
MississippiBoy

I'm no doctor, but this sounds like something other than blood sugar problems. Whatever it is, you need to find out. Losing 45 minutes in the bathroom and doing backflips off the bed is pretty serious. Let us know when you find out what's going on. Meantime, we'll be praying for you, that it's nothing serious, and that it can be fixed easily.
Old 02-20-11, 02:20 AM   #9
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
doing backflips off the bed is pretty serious.
But I stuck the landing.
Old 02-20-11, 09:25 AM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I know it's not funny, but I almost fell out of my chair on that one and I am looking for a napkin to wipe the snuff off my shirt and chin. Always finding the light on a situation, our buddy Kory. Dude, take an hour, get some blood work and put everyone at ease!
Old 02-20-11, 01:47 PM   #11
bamabassman

bubba is so right about ol kory. he DOES seem to make light of the sistuation. i can see britney now saying as he does the flips off of the bed, " LORD.....who or what did i marry? i just hope that lake takes after MY side of the family."

please keppus updated kory. this is VERY important man.
Old 02-20-11, 01:55 PM   #12
JB

sounds like you had some kind of a reaction to a drug, I wonder if someone slipped something into your food
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 02:02 PM   #13
bamabassman

jb....think ol gene slipped him a hyped up DR PEPPER? LOL.
Old 02-20-11, 03:20 PM   #14
everettvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
But I stuck the landing.

I bet the Russian judge wasn't very nice with your score. lol

You do need to be checked out. Take care of yourself!
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 03:36 PM   #15
Jim80

it could be some sort of seizure , not the pass out and shake on the ground type but a milder kind . I suffered from them as a kid and some of that sounds like stuff that happened to me .

Jim
Old 02-20-11, 05:34 PM   #16
Tavery5

Maybe it's lead poisoning from all them jigs your making.
Old 02-20-11, 05:45 PM   #17
lilmule

Lead poisoning can be had by smelting in an unvented area or just doing it a long time,generally a thin white or bluish line beneath the lips on the inside of mouth.
As for low blood pressure it isnt diabetes its just low blood pressure,normally sweating occurs as well,and a proper diet will fix that,eating at regular intervals.
Regardless of what it is dont depend upon any forum to diagnose it for you.
That said wait till you get my bill.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 10:53 PM   #18
66KingFisher

I'm thinking you were abducted by aliens while you were in the bathroom.....that would explain the time loss, and the weird crawling spiders on your back thing.....I'm betting their probes are what make ya jump in your sleep like that......lol

In all seriousness......Do what I'm having to do, and go to the doctor Bud.
Old 02-28-11, 05:00 PM   #19
Bassboss

I'm with king fisher.

All kidding aside though, see a doc, and I'll be praying for you man.
Old 02-28-11, 07:01 PM   #20
carolina-rig-01

I talked to the family doctor and he asked a lot of questions and took some blood, so far it looks as if my blood sugar just got out of whack. I have felt great ever since that night.
Old 02-28-11, 07:44 PM   #21
3dkicker

I think the Mrs. slipped you a roofie.......

Sounds like an insulin reaction or low blood sugar but you should have recovered once you ate some carbs or drank the soda. Very strange.
Old 02-28-11, 09:01 PM   #22
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Sounds like an insulin reaction or low blood sugar but you should have recovered once you ate some carbs or drank the soda. Very strange.
That is what we thought too. The doc was even somewhat puzzled over the fact that eating didn't straighten it out quickly. But I will take his diagnosis and be glad it's nothing worse. If it should happen again I will go and get a full physical.
Old 02-28-11, 11:30 PM   #23
bamabassman

get the full physical anyway kory. this is nothing to take litely.
Old 03-01-11, 05:12 PM   #24
3dkicker

Had a student that experienced low blood sugar and was found lying on the bathroom floor. Pretty incoherent and even said that she was a diabetic, and wasn't, so I gave her some soda which caused her condition to improve. EMT's arrived and tested her blood and she was at a 47 which is very low for someone who doesn't take insulin. Normal is 80-120. She was checked by the doc and given a specific diet to follow so it wouldn't happen again.

No back flips off the toliet seat though.....
Old 03-01-11, 05:31 PM   #25
everettvet

If it is a blood sugar issue, I don't understand why eating did not improve it. However, you better watch yourself and be really careful out on that boat. A back flip into cold water is not a good thing. Actually, if you do that, it may be your last thing. Make sure that you eat something during the day and stay hydrated.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.