Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 02-23-12, 10:10 PM   #1
Ranger Guy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Venom Shallow Anchor Pole ?

Does anyone have any experience with the Venom Anchor Pole?

I would like to have a MK Talon or possibly a Power Pole but it would be in the way of my co-angler and I don't want it to interfere w/ his fishing.

In the video they demo it working by just folding out the trolling motor. That will put it into a proper position and I understand the idea and marketing but don't see this working well. I would think unless you were able to push down and lock it in that you would still drift and it just skid across the bottom unless it caught an object.

The problem I see is how far it is mounted ahead of the trolling motor and being able to easily reach it. Seems like a good idea but just pondering it.....

What do you guys think?

Old 02-28-12, 11:21 AM   #2
hdmoorefootball
BassFishin.Com Member

they are pretty sick, I am gonna get one on my boat here pretty soon, I have fished with guys that have them on their boats and when it comes to bed fishing the advantages are unmatchable
hdmoorefootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 11:06 PM   #3
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Have actually fished off the back with Talon and Power Pole, minor adjustment in some of my casting but overall was no problem for me. Also in deeper water you can partially lower the PP w/o dragging and it's no longer any type of hinderance. PP are the big thing, but Im starting to see a lot of Talons and guys love them. No pumps or extra lines to worry about. Im thinking about adding a talon as soon as momma comes off the pocket book.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.