Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 06-13-13, 01:12 AM   #1
Colio13
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Transducer help

Sorry for flooding the board for the last week or so. Well today I was filling the boat up with oil and I looked down and saw this just trying to figure out what this transducer is for, I have 2 hds7s linked with structure scan but the boat also has some cheaper electronics stock ones both eagle something, but how does this transducer work being inside the bilge area will it need to be reepoxied and will this interrupt my sonar til I take it to the dealer? Thanks guys

http://m1328.photobucket.com/albumvi...l?o=0&newest=1

http://m1328.photobucket.com/albumvi...l?o=1&newest=1
Colio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 07:35 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Are the Eagle units in use? If not, the old transducer isn't a concern. If the Eagle is still in use, then you will have to re-epoxy or replace the transducer as the old epoxy may prevent you getting a good mount inside the hull. Mounting the transducer to shoot through the hull is common practice for 2D sonar, to protect the transducer and avoid drilling holes in the hull to mount it on the exterior. Only negative is the temperature readings may be off a degree or two as there is no direct contact with the water but it's surface temperature and that isn't a big deal to most. The new down scan and side scan sonar transducers need direct contact with water and will not function properly if mounted inside the hull.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 01:58 PM   #3
Colio13
BassFishin.Com Member

I don't use them but I can't figure out what transducer is for the eagles I have the structure scan transducer a transducer on my TM and the in-hull transducer if it is for the eagle I'm not gonna be worried about it.
Old 06-15-13, 11:01 PM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

In hull ,it can be also transom or troller mounted,it doesnt do structure scan,hi def di or si,puck should be A shaped but not written in stone.Sort of entry level sonar mostly di but not hi def,most likely single beam.At least none of the eagles ive ever seen.

Last edited by lilmule; 06-15-13 at 11:07 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 11:02 AM   #5
Colio13
BassFishin.Com Member

All is good now I took it to the shop they fixed it for a nice little hunk o' cash

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.