Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 06-13-14, 10:06 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Just sharing out of RESPECT to my friends

My last email sent to Kevin today....out of respect for...well I guess Kevin.
Oh for those who don't know...his phone number is 1- 410-451-1830.
Give him a call and wish him luck and thank him for the past.
Oh you'll have to leave a message because surprise surprise, he won't answer it.

The email I sent:

Everyone is VERY DISAPOINTED that you wont even so much as respond to PMs or emails!!!!!
The feeling is that if you don't care....why should they?
You haven't been to YOUR site for YEARS.
If the creater thinks the site isn't worth the time of day.....why should they?
and
YOU WONT LET ANYONE NEW JOIN EITHER !!!!!!!

It sounds like this IS your intention to let things die off but some of these anglers considered you a FRIEND not a forum creater.
I would think that as a friend/human being, you would at least stop in and thank everyone for making YOUR SITE a PAST success?
Peoples lifes change and priorities do too. But the SILENCE to me is FLAT OUT DISRESPECTFULL on YOUR part.
Doesn't matter what your priorities are.......RESPECT use to be a value Americans as a nation charished....but it is folks like you that have proven to me that the new norm is ...ME....ME....ME....ME...and friends are a bother that isn't worth your time. Respect is some slang term with absolute NO VALUE WHAT SO EVER.

I know you dont have the respect for yourself or others, as you have shown, but what kind of human being wont even take the time to thank guests/friends for stopping by.

I will be posting this email on your site as soon as I send it to you......SO THE CARDS ARE IN YOUR HANDS.

In closing I hope you find the meaning of RESPECT in your future endeavers/friendships and I thank you for the past.
You have NEVER responded to my NUMEROUS attempts to contact you in the past and I don't anticipate anything different this time.
BUT

I truely value the word 'RESPECT' and out of respect I send you this email.
Best of luck with your future.
Old 06-13-14, 11:47 AM   #2
Tavery5

When I think of all the great information that will be lost if this site shuts down saddens me. There have been so many great discussions about fishing and I often come to just read through them and kind of reminisce about what this forum once was.

Kevin, I hope that whatever your passion in life is at this moment is treating you fantastic, and Thank You for keeping this site open and relevant for as long as you did.

Best Wishes,
Tony Avery
Old 06-13-14, 12:14 PM   #3
bassboogieman

Do you feel better now? It's sometimes cathartic to speak out and/or get something off you chest, but virtually everyone here knows you were/are wasting your time and effort. Kevin is gone, many former BF.com members are gone and it appears many more are packed and
ready for departure. Choosing to leave or stay (here) is a matter of personal choice and it is obvious several are frustrated enough to discontinue any effort in an attempt to keep BF.com viable. It is virtually impossible for this forum to survive, much less grow and prosper, it can only continue in a state of stagnation.

It remains to be seen if a migration to a new forum will reinvigorate the membership and grow Bass Chat into what BF.com once was. I believe several of the guys here think that's possible, at least more probable than remaining here with no support from the guy holding the keys to getting this forum back on track.

I believe it is not BF.com that is in need of saving here but it is the people - the friends we've all made and fear loosing. I'm certain that is the future if everyone continues trying to keep this forum afloat. You only have to remember those guys that used to be posting here on almost a daily basis and we haven't heard from in months. Sure, things change, individual circumstances change, interest sags and no doubt the dynamics of this forum have lost all spark. Will moving to Bass Chat spur new interest and growth? I have no answer for that, it remains to be seen but it's evident that this forum has no potential for expansion and to generate any new interest - because any interest generated for new members is cut off at the knees when the membership is closed or severely restricted by Kevin and his lack of interest in his website.

What BF.com was is gone, what could have been never was or will be, to continue beating this dying horse until it's very last breath is beyond what many are willing to do and if they do more will be lost than this website. I think moving is an attempt to save ourselves and resurrect that which BF.com once was. I don't know it that will work, but I am sure staying at BF.com will not and we will all lose when it finally goes belly up.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 01:01 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Do you feel better now? It's sometimes cathartic to speak out and/or get something off you chest, but virtually everyone here knows you were/are wasting your time and effort. Kevin is gone, many former BF.com members are gone and it appears many more are packed and
ready for departure. Choosing to leave or stay (here) is a matter of personal choice and it is obvious several are frustrated enough to discontinue any effort in an attempt to keep BF.com viable. It is virtually impossible for this forum to survive, much less grow and prosper, it can only continue in a state of stagnation.

It remains to be seen if a migration to a new forum will reinvigorate the membership and grow Bass Chat into what BF.com once was. I believe several of the guys here think that's possible, at least more probable than remaining here with no support from the guy holding the keys to getting this forum back on track.

I believe it is not BF.com that is in need of saving here but it is the people - the friends we've all made and fear loosing. I'm certain that is the future if everyone continues trying to keep this forum afloat. You only have to remember those guys that used to be posting here on almost a daily basis and we haven't heard from in months. Sure, things change, individual circumstances change, interest sags and no doubt the dynamics of this forum have lost all spark. Will moving to Bass Chat spur new interest and growth? I have no answer for that, it remains to be seen but it's evident that this forum has no potential for expansion and to generate any new interest - because any interest generated for new members is cut off at the knees when the membership is closed or severely restricted by Kevin and his lack of interest in his website.

What BF.com was is gone, what could have been never was or will be, to continue beating this dying horse until it's very last breath is beyond what many are willing to do and if they do more will be lost than this website. I think moving is an attempt to save ourselves and resurrect that which BF.com once was. I don't know it that will work, but I am sure staying at BF.com will not and we will all lose when it finally goes belly up.
Well said, Bruce.
Old 06-13-14, 01:35 PM   #5
joedog

It really has nothing to do with MY feelings.
I just always feel you have no right to B**ch unless your willing to take steps to resolve the challenge.
So I have in the past and I will in the future.

Out of RESPECT when I visit with someone and have a challenge I say good bye and share my thoughts about our visit.
Thats all I was doing.

You know I feel the same as you said Bruce and remember if you anglers want Basschat to become Bf, you have to bring back the discussions, the learning, the sharing, the ideas, the success' and the failures.

If it's just the few remainder of posters here, all though great group, I haven't seen a NEW idea come across the site for sometime.
I even went back and brought up old posts for new discussions....very very few responders.

Newbies don't come to see nothing.
Basschat really has ZERO discussions so far.
But I just assumed Bama and Kevin found thier own chat place.

Bottom line, I want to thank you ALL, Kevin included for the great time I've spent here.

And I still intend to visit here and Chat.
Someone may want to explain what YUKU actually is to help those that think it is like Twitter, Facebook ect and don't care for Social Networks and hence don't want to join.

Bruce.....now I feel better.
Old 06-14-14, 06:31 PM   #6
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I can't tell you guys how truly saddened I am regarding what BF.COM has come to. The trouble all started with one particular member who went out of his way to upset everyone connected to the site. Most of you know who I am talking of, and remember how he said he would destroy this site. That's about the same time the site became over run with bots. I have no doubt he has succeeded in doing what he promised to do.
However, things can be done to secure web sites to some degree, and it hasn't been done here, other than to freeze out new members. I've been here for a long time now, and love BF.COM. But mostly, I love the people here and the friendships we have all developed. I will be talking with you in Anthony's forums, but I also intend to pop in here too, as I can't bear to let go, not yet. I hope that does not upset you Anthony. I just don't see the harm in partaking in both. And, maybe one day soon, Kevin will turn this site around. I don't see any hint of that happening, but I'm not leaving BF.COM behind for now. But I will join you guys at BassChat. I may only see a couple of you in here, and if so, so be it. For now, that's what it is. Call it loyalty or stupidity, you'll still see me here in the forums.
Old 06-14-14, 07:56 PM   #7
joedog

Well said my friend!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.