Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 06-13-14, 02:12 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Tomorrow is the last day...

Hey guys, we are drawing near to the date we set to stop posting at BF.com and move over to BassChat.

I just wanted to go over a couple things so we were all on the same page.

For this to have a chance of working, we must stop our posting here. If posting on the occasional random topic continues, it will only hurt our chances of growing BassChat.

I have posted a topic over at BC for everyone to post any thoughts or concerns about the move after tomorrow. http://basschat.yuku.com/topic/164

We still need to find a way to get the word out and get more views and new members. I am open to any suggestions.

After we leave here, I will be discussing with the moderators the idea about posting "reminder" posts here occasionally highlighting topics over at BC with links. I think it's best that if we do this, it be only a small group of a few people posting them here.

About posting on BassChat. We will need to "artificially inflate" the topics over there for the beginning. It won't be busy in the beginning, but we need to keep posting consistently. Pictures, questions, polls, restart old discussions from here and have people "recomment" on them, post some of the questions new members often ask, find good articles and reviews to share, write and post your own articles and reviews, etc.

If you have questions, comments, suggestions, please post them at BassChat. http://basschat.yuku.com/topic/164

Thanks guys,

BB
Old 06-13-14, 03:45 PM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

For this to have a chance of working, we must stop our posting here. If posting on the occasional random topic continues, it will only hurt our chances of growing BassChat.

I'm not sure I understand this?
If you were to post something here and reference Basschat as a spot for better discussion wouldn't that motivate non member viewers to come AND CHECK OUT BC?
Bringing newbies too BassChat, not motivating them not too.
Every topic I have ever went to because of researching a topic and they reference anything, another site, an article, a past post and so on....I go to referenced 'site' and check it out.

My thought was we were moving to promote more activity not destroy BF.
Seeing so many visiters still come here DAILY I would think that it would guide people to BassChat, not deter them from going there.
That also will promote newbies (strangers) from joining the conversation and asking questions where here they can't.

Last but not least, it will help old members who have not been here awhile to find thier friends again when they do come and visit.

Anthony like I mentioned in other thread, you may want to explain YUKU to folks because some are not understanding what it is and are afraid to join something they don't understand
Old 06-13-14, 04:28 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post

I'm not sure I understand this?
If you were to post something here and reference Basschat as a spot for better discussion wouldn't that motivate non member viewers to come AND CHECK OUT BC?
Bringing newbies too BassChat, not motivating them not too.
Every topic I have ever went to because of researching a topic and they reference anything, another site, an article, a past post and so on....I go to referenced 'site' and check it out.

My thought was we were moving to promote more activity not destroy BF.
Seeing so many visiters still come here DAILY I would think that it would guide people to BassChat, not deter them from going there.
That also will promote newbies (strangers) from joining the conversation and asking questions where here they can't.
BF.com will be destroyed whether we move or not. We cannot promote activity here without open registration.

If we continue to use both forums, as has happened in past attempts to move to BassChat, it won't work. The members will keep coming back here to post and BC will slip back into inactivity. It's happened a couple times already. That was why I stopped promoting the move. It isn't going to work unless we're all on board.

Like I said in my original post here, I will be discussing the possibility of "reminder" posts, probably made by a small group of members to keep things neat and refuel discussion here. For example, if we create a good thread on BC about say fishing deeper points in the heat of the summer, we would make a brief post about it here, with a link to the relevant thread on BC where potential members can actually join and share their thoughts, and probably a reminder not to post on the thread here.

Like in a zombie apocalypse, we will leave signs to guide survivors of the current membership and new potential members to our group at our new location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog
Anthony like I mentioned in other thread, you may want to explain YUKU to folks because some are not understanding what it is and are afraid to join something they don't understand
Check out the thread on BC about leaving BF.com for the post I will be putting up tomorrow as the first sign leading to BC as well as my personal goodbye. I explained a bit about Yuku, but I can edit it and go into more detail if you and others think it's necessary. In reality, Yuku can be as simple as the forum here with no extra, or you can go as "social network" as you want with it. The biggest difference is, with a single username, you can access any public Yuku community/forum.

By the way, did you ever get your username/password issue worked out over there? If not, shoot me a PM here and we can see what we can do.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.