Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-10, 08:56 PM   #251
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Tell them I'd be happy to proctor an AP Calc exam for you BB144! You could take the exam right in a bow seat.

Either that, or you request an accommodation due to your religious beliefs...if Dale Hollow isn't going to be a religious experience, I don't know what will.
Lol Bryce, that wouldn't be distracting at all...

"... the integral of the sine of x with respect to x is negative cos... FISH ON!!!"

I will talk to him to see if there is any possible way to take it another time.

BB
Old 02-02-10, 09:36 PM   #252
bamabassman

Ok..........truly am hating to say this gang, but lisa and i are not gonna be able to make it this year. We were hoping the travel trailer would have sold by now and it hasn't. We need the money from that in order to build our shop/garage and finish the drive and the rock over the foundation wall. Thought the pontoon was gonna be sold too, tried to crank it yesterday, nuthin, cajun is being re-wired now, don't know what is up with the pontoon. Hopefully it is just a short in the wiring. And i haven't had a good day to get out there and check it out from the rain, sleet and cold arse weather. We tried to finagle a few things to see if we could make it to dale hollow. I have been talking to woody and daniel about this and it just ain't gonna happen. Ya'll don't know how much this pains me, i truly LOVE these events. Not to catch bass, which i can't do very well anyway lol, but for the opertunity to meet each member that i haven't met face to face. And to renew friendships form the last events. Hopefully we can have another one at the end of the year. If things turn around for us, i will try to get one together here at guntersville if anyone is interested.
Again, i am in real pain over this i promise you all.
Old 02-02-10, 11:39 PM   #253
Justin2729
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I fish dale a lot and April - may is unbeatable.
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 11:53 PM   #254
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

That sucks an egg Bama. I put the curb feelers out on my relief today. I asked him if he would swap out with me and said yes. So if we are still on the same rig in May. I am there. When are we leaving Daniel? Are we going to have enough seats in a boat for us without?
Old 02-03-10, 10:41 AM   #255
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

That's terrible, bama!
Old 02-03-10, 10:58 AM   #256
nofearengineer

Yeah...it'll be a little less fun at the holler without you, Bama.

You guys do realize of course, that this means the fishing will be on fire that week, right?
Old 02-16-10, 10:30 PM   #257
woody

I just wanted to let you all know that I invited a couple of guests over from DHF.com. The one guy I know for sure of is planning on bringing his boat and has also said that he would be willing to help us find some fish.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 09:27 PM   #258
Captmikestarrett

Guys I will not be able to make the trek down. I have been overcome with bookings and need the extra income this year.

Sorry I can not make the trip... mostly to myself I am sorry not to be able to share time with all you all.

Capt Mike
Old 02-20-10, 06:28 PM   #259
woody

Capt. Mike,

I'm also sorry to hear about it. But, I do appreciate you letting us know that you wont be attending this year.

-Mark
Old 02-21-10, 12:26 AM   #260
bcklash

Woody ole pal, maybe at Dale Hollow we could get togather and fish for a few hrs. Ifin you don't an ole Va. redneck in your boat.
Old 02-21-10, 10:40 AM   #261
woody

Ron,

I wouldn't mind it a bit. It would be my pleasure to fish with ya for a few.

-Mark
Old 03-03-10, 07:48 PM   #262
MississippiBoy

Ok guys, this thing is getting closer and closer. I can't wait.
I think it might be a good idea to get a head count, and a boat count. Anybody who is coming, list how many people are coming with you, and if you have room in your boat for anyone to bum a ride with you.
I'll be by myself, it looks like, and I am without a boat. So anybody who would be willing to let me tag along, don't be shy....speak up!
Old 03-03-10, 09:06 PM   #263
woody

I agree. I believe it is time for us to get a good count on who's planning to attend, and also, if your willing to share some space on your boat.

Thanks Daniel for speaking up.

Daniel, I get the impression that JB may not be attending this year; if so, you're welcome to fish with me.

Oh yeah, and my wife said that I'm going alone this trip too.. darn.

-Mark
Old 03-03-10, 10:23 PM   #264
nofearengineer

I am coming, and bringing a passenger.
Old 03-03-10, 10:44 PM   #265
bcklash

Bcklash, that be me BassinBandit and a friend and one boat.
Old 03-04-10, 09:21 PM   #266
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Well fellas, I got some good new and bad news, well bad to me. The good news is I got the new job and will be leaving for Singapore April 21st. The bad news to me, but some of you might be thinking thank goodness, is that I will be gone for a month. So I reckon i must bow out this year. I hope we can maybe get something else going for this fall or something though since it seems a lot of people are not going to be able to make it this year.
Old 03-05-10, 09:52 PM   #267
woody

Gary,

Congrats, on your new job!

As far as the fishing goes.. well, maybe another time.. Lord willing.

-Mark
Old 03-06-10, 12:26 AM   #268
nofearengineer

Yeah, I am bummed about so many people not being able to make this one, but I know you have to take care of your own first. Sounds like a great job, Gary. Good thing I'll have a camera to take pictures of my hawg Smallie, since there won't be many people to see it in person.
Old 03-07-10, 01:42 PM   #269
woody

Alright then.. Here's a list of all who have spoken up, and will be planning to attend our get-together this year.

-Stephen Headrick, Thursday's brownfish seminar.

-NoFear and friend- boater

-Backlash, Bassinbandit and friend- boater

-Mississippi Boy-

-Woody- boater
Old 03-07-10, 02:07 PM   #270
woody

Have I mentioned that you have all been invited?

If not, well I apologize..

" Hey Everybody! you are all invited to come out for a great big 'ol "Meet and Greet". You can stay as long as you'd like or as little as you'd like; it's very very laid back. So come on out, me and the gang would love to meet you. "

-Mark
Old 04-02-10, 07:40 PM   #271
woody

Stephen Headrick the "Guru" says..

early morning before wind gets up swim baits,grubs and once wind gets up spinnerbaits,crankbaitss,had 2 guys said in the store yesterday,couldn't get bite on jerking so went to spinnerbaits and SMOKED the smallmouth,13 had 4 over 5 fishing is on ,on the hollow.P.S. some people catching crappie to.and some shell crackers have been caught my son caught some good ones the other day.GURU!!!
Old 04-03-10, 12:38 AM   #272
bcklash

I'm ready or should I say we are ready.
Old 04-03-10, 11:09 AM   #273
woody

I'm ready too. It wont be long now...

This is from another reliable source. Elwood says..

If you keep your bait in the 10-20 foot water depth either on flats, points, humps, banks or grass beds with DEEPER water fairly close, you can pretty much guarantee if there is any structure in the area, a BIG girl will be around as well. Get a good map, Atlantic Mapping System, is the best find out the lake level before you go versus summer pool, which the map will be laid out, and deduct the amount below summer pool to find the 10-20 foot depths in areas that I mentioned above and you will have no problem. Remember depth and presentation, in my humble opinion, are way more important than color of a jig or crankbait or other bait, within reason. Not saying you can use a Flourescent Orange crankbait at the right depth and it will catch fish but am saying that within reason a Sexy Shad vs Gizzard Shad vs Threadfin Shad vs Rainbow Trout imitating lures for example will all catch the same fish if they are presented properly and at the correct depth. Always try and think like the fish, where will be be on this particular point/bank/hump/grass bed. Ambush points in the structure, rock piles or brush piles, changes in contour for example are all the sweet spot of the honey hole.~Elwood Lumpkins

Last edited by woody; 04-03-10 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-03-10, 02:51 PM   #274
nofearengineer

Okay guys....if Stephen Headrick and Elwood Smalljaws tell you to do it, you can pretty much take it as gospel. Those guys are true experts on Dale.

Thanks for the info, Woodrow!!! I just got done catching my first drop shot fish last night, in preparation for Dale, and I'm gonna be lookin for that 10-20 structure and cover, like you say.
Old 04-03-10, 07:51 PM   #275
woody

Elwood Smalljaw says...

If you are used to semi-stained water then Dale Hollow will be Gin Clear to you. Baitcasters - 10lb or 8lb Flourocarbon, Spinning Reels - 6lb Flourocarbon, FNF leaders - 4 or 6lb Flourocarbon leaders, if you think you are fishing slow enough and you are not getting any bites then SLOW down even more. Drag your jigs on the bottom with PAUSES, slow reel your crankbaits, change up different types of structure to fish because with black shale points, chunk rock points, pea gravel and mud points, deep grass beds, medium grass beds, bluff walls, humps, ledges, islands located in all parts of the lake the fish could be anywhere. Pattern the fish, focus on the presentation and type of structure you catch fish from and DUPLICATE it for more success.~Elwood Lumpkins

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.