Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-08, 08:32 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Finally the cops solved a case! (rant)

I hadn't commented on here but the last 3 weeks the speed shop that is down the block from me, which is owned by my best friend Joe has been broken into 3 times! His parents raced sprint cars and built high performance engines all their life, and recently passed away. Joe inherited the shop and his sisters got other real estate which sold later. The speed shop is full of milling equipment and tons of motors/blocks, plus about 12 motorcycles and other 4 wheelers, racing go carts and tons of tools.
This family has owned planes, helicopters, race cars, and about anything else that runs, even hover crafts and exotic Italian race cars.
All Joe does with the place is store his professional go cart racing equipment in on of his trailers and keeps his sons dirt bikes up here...the shop is where he grew up, but now he lives over an hour away in southern Ind.
So after about 50 years of never being broke into, three weeks ago a window is broken and when we go into the shop his new dirt bike and another bike are gone, nothing else.....
the cops come, say they may have a lead on some young guys that were running loud bikes the night before just two blocks over...
the speed shop is right here in town but by the edge of town where its kinda isolated.
The next week (last sat.) we go in and find a small 12x12 window broken out, and how anyone can fit through there is beyond me, and they got in and stole some helmets and 4 Miada wheels n tires, this time leaving
a shoe print that was small enough to be a kids, like a size 7-8 mens.
The cops didnt take any prints or anything, left...so Joe n I put more barricades over the windows like steels and heavy drill presses..etc.

He just now called (3 days later) and said the shop got broke into again, this time 4 4-wheelers ,tools, and many damaged doors and windows were found. He called the cops and 10 minutes later they called him to come over two blocks away, they had a tip and found all his stuff!
Two guys admitted to it, they probably stole close to 10,000 worth of stuff, plus damages.
They blew up one dirt bike not using a oil/gas mix, and messed up another front wheel, but everything was either in their bedrooms or garage, however the owner of the house didnt get charged..I'm thinking he'd have to know this stuff was there
Anyways its great that the cops found his stuff! We are going tomorrow and put up more security items and locks and fix the windows.
Joes sister is married to the towns judge, who is my neighbor, I dont know if he can preside over a relatives case, but I hope they send these 20 year old thieves away!
Heres a pic of Joe and his wife Carole, we have been best friends for 54 years, grew up 4 doors apart from each other and we are 6 weeks apart in age..we both worked at the speed shop cleaning up as kids and just hated to see these break ins

Click image for larger version

Name:	Joe and Carol.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	2816

*ok, rant over*
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 08:37 PM   #2
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

JB where abouts in SW Ohio are you ? I got family in Hamilton county.. And where in Southern Indiana is your buddy , thats my neck of the woods...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 08:48 PM   #3
JB

we live 8 mile from oho/ind border in eaton, which is preble county, and joe lives near Laranceburg ind at a small town called Bright
Old 11-11-08, 08:57 PM   #4
cassidyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Joes sister is married to the towns judge, who is my neighbor, I dont know if he can preside over a relatives case, but I hope they send these 20 year old thieves away!

*ok, rant over*
I doubt he can preside over it, but I am fairly sure he might have a friend or two who are likely to be the judge in charge of the case.
Old 11-11-08, 10:48 PM   #5
bamabassman

sorry for your pals loses jb. yea, i agree that they should be sent away.....but only AFTER they repay for all the damages.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-08, 11:09 AM   #6
woody

Hey JB, I'm glad your friend got his stuff back. Hopefully them boys are taught a lesson.

I got to ask ya, what's up with your new avatar...
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-08, 12:40 PM   #7
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Hey JB, I'm glad your friend got his stuff back. Hopefully them boys are taught a lesson.

I got to ask ya, what's up with your new avatar...

ask any vetern poster on the forum, i
got a evil clown fetish LOL
Old 11-12-08, 10:23 PM   #8
bamabassman

jb is really an evil clown who is in lew wit de devil,lmao. he was the for real the clown in the movie SPAWN. hahahahahaha. jb.. i am really liking this one by the way. sexy evil gal there.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-08, 10:38 PM   #9
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
ask any vetern poster on the forum, i
got a evil clown fetish LOL
I think fetish is a understatement
Old 11-13-08, 12:39 PM   #10
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i am really liking this one by the way. sexy evil gal there.
I could'nt keep my eyes off or it! kinda hypnotic
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 01:48 PM   #11
JB

i photoshoped evil clown makeup on me fishing for smallmouth in the first year of kevins winter tourney, but found later that WTL was too freaked out about it, loosing sleep LOL

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.