Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-13, 08:58 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default First trip of the year.

I finally got out today. It was cold and windy in the morning. My finger tips were sore from the cold to the point they felt numb. But wanting to impress John with my northern toughness, I carried on. Nothing was all that big. I caught two that were 3 1/2 pounds. The first was taken off a suspending LC 100DD in American Shad. The other 5 were caught on a Buckeye black/blue Mop jig with a craw trailer. All the bass hit very week, which makes sense considering the lakes just became ice free a couple weeks ago. You never felt a "hit". It just suddenly felt heavier. The wind made fishing very tough. Perfect casts ending up blown 20 foot off course, and white caps splashing over the side of the boat. But once I was in a nice sunny sheltered bay, I was able to start taking bass pitching jigs to piers. Their were areas I would have liked to fish more, but the wind in those areas made boat control almost impossible. I don't have a water temp for you, but I am sure it was under 50 degrees.
The new Minn Kota Endura Max worked exceptionally well. I'll post more about that in another post. Look for an update in my trolling motor choice post in the section for boats. Anyways, while I don't have any hogs to post pics of, it was nice to get back on the water after a long winter, which does not want to let go. They are actually talking snow flurries again next Friday!
By the way, I have no idea why 3 of these photos are sideways as they were upright when I uploaded them into this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1stbass4-13.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	8690   Click image for larger version

Name:	bass.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	8691   Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	8692   Click image for larger version

Name:	MinnKota.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	8693  

Last edited by keithdog; 04-15-13 at 07:26 AM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.