Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-09, 10:39 AM   #26
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGRrod View Post
How old are you 15 you have to talk to the teacher and get points.
he's more like 25-acts like he is 12 at times though...

zooker
Old 09-13-09, 10:50 AM   #27
WTL

Zooker, you can think what you want. I am doing nothing other than defending what we (i think) have always stood for on this board. You yourself recently had a post where you talked about the promotion of products and how you dont do that here. How we try to be honest in our opinions. Well I'm bringing my honest opinion, every day I post on this board. Nobody owns me and never will.

If you guys want to change how this board works, if you want to have people throwing promotional posts left and right, well I dont own the joint. Someone does and its up to that 1 person what ultimatly happens here. Just dont piss down my back and tell me its raining. Donald and Tim are promoting their product with gusto. AND IT IS VERY DIFFERENT from what historically has happened on this board. If Kev wants to delete everything, fine. If he wants to delete just my posts, fine. If he wants to delete just TGRs posts, fine. Its his call.

But if TGR is gonna promote his product, then I am gonna promote what I think the overall dynamic of this board was that made it so good. And that is objectivity.

You want to call that immaturity? I call it manning up and saying whats what.
Old 09-13-09, 10:53 AM   #28
DonaldBreland

WTL you tell me how I'm promoting products with gusto. I guess every time someone speaks of a typ of bait they are promoting it. Check out my posts and tell me where I'm promoting every breath. Apparently your not man enough to call me and talk this over.

Old 09-13-09, 10:59 AM   #29
WTL

I just called you 3 minutes ago and you didnt answer.
Old 09-13-09, 11:33 AM   #30
WTL

I guess for the record, I did talk to Donald Breland and I think we are now in agreement about this subject. It shouldnt have been such an issue, I had been hoping it was over with. I think Tim is probably a nice person, many speak well of him, he just broke rules and somebody had to say something.

PS, zook, I forgive you.
Old 09-13-09, 11:46 AM   #31
DonaldBreland

We are in agreement with me. I am not on here to offend anyone. If people think I am promoting on here then I will stop posting. Plain and simple.

Old 09-13-09, 11:47 AM   #32
carolina-rig-01

Tim did nothing wrong. He didn't self promote at all. I don't care what you think WTL but when a guy works as hard is Tim and I do on getting our business off the ground and meanwhile busting *** at a job that we hate, not to mention sacrafice family time and time on the water then I believe that ther is nothing wrong with bragging a little when you accomplish something like Tim did with UA's fishing team. I don't care how many times you call or pm Kevin or who you think you are, best I can tell Kevin's face is all over this site and not yours so your opinion doesn't amount to much with me. Now Kevin will probably have something to say about this and if he does then it should be between he and I, you are just another member there big guy no matter what you think. And as far as Kevin asking Tim to stop self promoting is concerned. I like Kevin a lot, he is a great guy but he was wrong this time. Like I said earlier Tim did not self promote, didn't even try to steer people to his website in any way. All he did was make an anouncement of a business accomplishment. If you go to the message boards and at the top click on a word from Kevin. in that thread Kevin even asked us members to mention this forum on any other fishing forums we might be members on. Now let me get this straight, it is ok for us to go do something like that on another forum but we can't even mention a rod companies name on this forum? If we are going to tie people hands and tell them that they can't talk about their favorite products because they use to be a sponsor of the site but left then I say that nobody mentions any brands of anything at all. Strike King spinnerbait, Bomber crankbaits, Berkley Powerworms ect. it's not right to say you can't mention a specific company on here, and that proves that it is a personal thing against Tim because he pulled his ad, which was just a business decision that he had to make because the ad didnt' sell him a single rod.

And also WTL you really should know what you are talking about before you go on and on about how his rod is no better than anyother rods on the market and all the other ignorant guesses that you made in that post.
Old 09-13-09, 12:38 PM   #33
WTL

Cory, if Tim is gonna break the rules and make promotional posts (which everyone knows it was, and its really weak to deny), then I am gonna break some rules and call him into question. I call that fair. And it is no different than what we have done with many other promotional posts. The only difference here being more people on this site have relationships with Tim's business so I've hurt some feelings.

PS, you are an example of doing things the right way. You dont overpromote thunderstruck jigs, and I having handled a few of your jigs will say honestly that I would prefer them as opposed to others. That is an objective opinion. The type of thing I come to this site for. I may be wrong. There may be better jigs out there I dont know of. But I am being serious.

I have no business relationship with you. I am not on your pro staff. I dont want to be on your pro staff. I dont promote. I say what I think is good.

But when you are on someones pro staff, like it or not, there is a relationship there that tinges things. And that is harmful to the credibility of information on this site, something that we have in the past taken very seriously. You too.

Besides, you know damn well its not news to sponsor a college fishing team. Thats no more news when kistler sponsors x university, than when tim has a relationship with Bama.

Finally, what Kevin says on this site, is whats right. Its his site. He owns it. It is property. It costs money to keep up. He has a few advertisers to try and keep the site online. And Tim was trying to get for free (advertising exposure) what others pay good money for. That is wrong.

Last edited by WTL; 09-13-09 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-13-09, 12:55 PM   #34
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Cory, if Tim is gonna break the rules and make promotional posts (which everyone knows it was, and its really weak to deny), then I am gonna break some rules and call him into question. I call that fair. And it is no different than what we have done with many other promotional posts. The only difference here being more people on this site have relationships with Tim's business so I've hurt some feelings.

PS, you are an example of doing things the right way. You dont overpromote thunderstruck jigs, and I having handled a few of your jigs will say honestly that I would prefer them as opposed to others. That is an objective opinion. The type of thing I come to this site for. I may be wrong. There may be better jigs out there I dont know of. But I am being serious.

I have no business relationship with you. I am not on your pro staff. I dont want to be on your pro staff. I dont promote. I say what I think is good.

But when you are on someones pro staff, like it or not, there is a relationship there that tinges things. And that is harmful to the credibility of information on this site, something that we have in the past taken very seriously. You too.

Besides, you know damn well its not news to sponsor a college fishing team. Thats no more news when kistler sponsors x university, than when tim has a relationship with Bama.

Finally, what Kevin says on this site, is whats right. Its his site. He owns it. It is property. It costs money to keep up. He has a few advertisers to try and keep the site online. And Tim was trying to get for free (advertising exposure) what others pay good money for. That is wrong.

I'm having a hard time understanding your thought process here. When a college picks picks up a sponsor, I'd call that news. And when the sponsor happens to be a member here, I'd call that worthwhile news.
And if Tim is having relations with bama, they need to keep that to themselves lol
Old 09-13-09, 01:16 PM   #35
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
I'm having a hard time understanding your thought process here. When a college picks picks up a sponsor, I'd call that news. And when the sponsor happens to be a member here, I'd call that worthwhile news.
yep i don't care what anyone says that is news. and wtl i am glad that you like my jigs, and i am glad that you prefer them over other companies. but i still say that tim did absolutley nothing wrong. his post was about his business adding bama to their prostaff. he didn't mention anything about his rods. if he would have gone into detail about his rods then yeah that would be toeing that line but all he did was make public what was otherwise unknown so that is news and nothing more. as a matter of fact after tim pulled his ad from this site none of his post we promoting his products, and while he was a sponsor of the site i think he had the right to promote his stuff. to me it just seems like tim made a business decision about his ad on here and it upset some people who are now taking unfair shots at him.
Old 09-13-09, 01:24 PM   #36
WTL

You really think that making a post about his business, when he just was told not to promote his business, falls under news and not promotion? He was told not to do it. Like 2 weeks ago. The fact that he disappeared right after I asked him if Kevin asked him to stop shows that he knows he was wrong.

Honestly, Kevin is too nice. He has never said a harsh word to me, and I know I can be a PITA and deserve it. I think Tim has taken advantage of Kevins niceness, and that pisses me off a bit. And these people who do nothing but promote their gear, that threatens the quality of this board. All I care about here is the quality of this board. I know I am fighting an unpopular fight, I see that many fail to understand what I am saying. But I'm not out here twisting in the wind on a limb for no good reason. Its not fun being out here. There is an important reason why I said what I think needed to be said.

Anyways, like I said you do things the right way. Even if you do mention your jigs from time to time, I dont feel like its promoting your product. You let the quality speak for itself. Tim needs to learn from you. He has the wrong mix, maybe even the right product, but the wrong mix is the wrong mix nonetheless.
Old 09-13-09, 01:35 PM   #37
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
I know I am fighting an unpopular fight, I see that many fail to understand what I am saying. .
could it be that the fight you are fighting is unpopular because you are wrong? i know that is a new concept to you because you always seem to be right but if none of the other members on here are agreeing with you that should tell you something.

and the reason tim didn't say anything after you asked him if kevin asked him to stop is because he was calling me on the phone. we talked about it a little and he said that there were too many good sites on the internet for him to waste his time fighting with you, and i have to say tim makes a good point.
Old 09-13-09, 01:39 PM   #38
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
yep i don't care what anyone says that is news. and wtl i am glad that you like my jigs, and i am glad that you prefer them over other companies. but i still say that tim did absolutley nothing wrong. his post was about his business adding bama to their prostaff. he didn't mention anything about his rods. if he would have gone into detail about his rods then yeah that would be toeing that line but all he did was make public what was otherwise unknown so that is news and nothing more. as a matter of fact after tim pulled his ad from this site none of his post we promoting his products, and while he was a sponsor of the site i think he had the right to promote his stuff. to me it just seems like tim made a business decision about his ad on here and it upset some people who are now taking unfair shots at him.
I agree. And not only is it news, it's news that I want to hear. Same with you, or Bender or anyone else. Not only from a "he's a guy on this board" standpoint, but also because I might be a potential customer someday.
I don't feel Tim was in the wrong here. That's something to be proud of, just like when one of us catches a new PB. Not sure the opinion should change just because there's money involved.
I don't think WTL is totally out of line here either. As we all can figure out, there's a line somewhere that differentiates between being proud and plugging. I'm still on the "being proud" side, while WTL has crossed that and is onto the "Plug" side
Old 09-13-09, 01:46 PM   #39
WTL

It could be, but I wouldn't be fighting you, zook, mallen and the others unless my conscience demanded it.

I think I am right and you are wrong. I think you people are letting your friendships and contacts get in the way of saying the truth.
Old 09-13-09, 01:49 PM   #40
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
I don't think WTL is totally out of line here either. As we all can figure out, there's a line somewhere that differentiates between being proud and plugging. I'm still on the "being proud" side, while WTL has crossed that and is onto the "Plug" side
Yes thats what I am saying, and I'm a little annoyed because its like we all had this understanding that plugging is out of bounds here. And now we are changing the understanding cause some people like Tim.

I dont think he was being proud. I dont think you get near the line of promotional posts so soon after being asked not to unless you are testing the boundaries willingly.
Old 09-13-09, 01:51 PM   #41
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
I think I am right and you are wrong. I think you people are letting your friendships and contacts get in the way of saying the truth.
WTL, let me make this as clear as I can. I am a man, one of the biggest parts of being a man is being able to admit when I am wrong. Dude I am married which means I am automatically wrong 90% of the time and if I am lucky we flip a coin on the other 10%. I have no problem with admitting when I am wrong and I am telling you this right now. I am not wrong, not this time, and not about this.

Last edited by carolina-rig-01; 09-13-09 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-13-09, 01:53 PM   #42
WTL

But dude, I'm not gonna say I'm wrong when I'm not.

Yea I'm wrong all the time. The simple fact that I quite often change my opinions makes that clear to me if nothing else.

In this case Cory, he is doing something he was told not to do. Something we all kinda knew was out of bounds. So how am I wrong?

This isnt politics or football. I am afraid my rep as an arguer is preceding me.
Old 09-13-09, 01:55 PM   #43
MallenManson

Quote:
It could be, but I wouldn't be fighting you, zook, mallen and the others unless my conscience demanded it.

Seriously, I have no friendship with Tim, nor is he a contact of mine. There is no bias in my opinion
Old 09-13-09, 02:00 PM   #44
MallenManson

Quote:
But dude, I'm not gonna say I'm wrong when I'm not.

Yea I'm wrong all the time. The simple fact that I quite often change my opinions makes that clear to me if nothing else.

In this case Cory, he is doing something he was told not to do. Something we all kinda knew was out of bounds. So how am I wrong?

This isnt politics or football. I am afraid my rep as an arguer is preceding me.
Ok, you mentioned earlier about people basing their opinions on friendships and contacts.
Then you point out in this thread that you've discussed this very thing with Kevin.
Unless I missed a thread somewhere, not all of us are aware of the conversation.
Now who's basing their opinions on contacts and friendship?
Old 09-13-09, 02:02 PM   #45
DonaldBreland

I promised myself I wasn't going to reply to this post again. I just have to. I am getting tired of people thinking just because we are sponsored from a company we are making all kind of money from each lure we sell. Well I just want to go over a couple things.
I will not talk bad about a product I don't like and will only speak highly of a product I do like. No matter what If I like a bait and I tournament fish then I want to be sponsored by companies I truly enjoy fishing their products. I WILL NOT ENDORSE A BAIT I DO NOT FISH.
I pride myself on being honest and pride myself on helping other fishermen become better. In order for me to do so I have to talk about products. I talk about Thunderstruck jigs but am I endorsed by them? No. Would I like to be? Yes. Will I still talk good about their jigs if I am not sponsored by him? Of course. That being said I have the opportunity to fish 7 days a week if I choose. This is my full time job. Most of you on here have jobs and can not fish every day or even once a week but when you do get a chance to go you want to catch fish. That is why I am here. I want to give you HONEST information that will help you catch fish so you won't have to waste time trying to catch fish. I used to be very tight mouthed about fishing and I used to give false information during a tournament so people couldnt catch fish. I was wrong for that but it helped me win. I might have ruined someones day and thats something I dont want to live with anymore. so I decided to help people out. For the last 6 years I have been helping people become better fishermen offering my time to help them get where they need to be. Do I think I'm the best? Heck No. But I believe in myself enough to think I can hang with the best in the business. I don't want or will not ever tell you to buy a bait or product because I want to make money. Money to me means nothing. My riches are in Heaven and you people on earth are my brothers and sisters and it is my job to help and offer my services to you. I have a little section on my sponsor section on my site that remindes me of a surgeon warning sign on a cigarette pack. It simply states this: I will personally Guarantee the success of any product I put on my website. I believe in Truth In Advertising and I will not put my name on any product I would not buy myself. I only buy the best and if Its on this site then its Guaranteed by me to be the best.
My email is always open for people who may have questions about any of the products I endorse.
email me at donaldbreland@gmail.com

Its there in the open. I hope you understand who I am and what my goals are on this site. Take care and God Bless

Old 09-13-09, 02:03 PM   #46
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
he was told not to promote his products, and that is not what he was doing when he announced that bama signed with him.

and while we are on the subject, how do you know what he was told to do or not to do? i am assuming that kevin must have told you in which case that is about as unprofessional as it gets. that information is to be between tim and kevin, it's not information that should be spread to other members (and like it or not as i posted earlier you are just another member). bottom line is that it is none of your damn business what is said between other people in private messages. best i can tell that is why they are called private messages and not wtl gossip messages.
Old 09-13-09, 02:05 PM   #47
DonaldBreland

One question? If Tim wouldn't have pulled his advertisement would this conversation be happening?

Old 09-13-09, 02:58 PM   #48
TGRrod
BassFishin.Com Member

I did not go anywhere I just see arguing with you is like arguing with my 5 year old it goes no where and I hate to waste my time. You should worry about yourself and not anyone else, like I SAID WHAT IS BETWEEN KEVIN AND ME IS NOT YOUR CONCERN! Maybe you should go out and do something to be proud of insted of being on here all the time.
Old 09-13-09, 03:20 PM   #49
WTL

I really just feel like I stepped out and defended the established board policy.

Regarding productive use of my time, while it is certainly my business in this case I agree. It was nonproductive to argue with people, although I have always had the need to defend what I believe in. I believe in what this board had become. I want it to stay that way. While I might not convince you that I am right, I doubt you will be doing much promotional posting in the future on here now - so maybe that was just a smidgeon of production out of this mess.

But I understand that Kevin will say his word on this and hopefully it will clear things up a little.
Old 09-13-09, 03:42 PM   #50
DonaldBreland

He was here and hasn't said anything yet. Your turn kevin.

Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.