Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-09, 04:29 AM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default I've only been this mad twice in my life...

I'm gonna start by saying "Please excuse my tone and my language"....I'm what you'd call "STRESSED" tonite....actually guys, its really more like Pissed off so bad I can bearly type this.......As you know I live in small town arkansas....Town of 5600 good God frearin country folk....rural America at its finest and these things aren't suppose to happin here, but our youngest daughter Heather(22)was violently attacked by her piece of s**t looser boyfriend and father of her 15 month old baby this afternoon....(remember me tellin you guys about him sometime back?)....I was contacted by police from our local hospital telling me she had a severe concussion to her right temple and a large part of her right ear was missing....My poor old heart skipped a beat....or three.....after a couple of tense hours in the ER, and an attempt at surgery on her ear that failed....and a CT scan to check for skull fractures and possible brain damage....We were relieved to hear that everything appears to be ok other than the ear damage....She's home now and sleeping in my bed with her mother and the grandbaby, and i'm standing guard once again tonite.....Actually guard duty was last nite when all this mess started....tonite is more like gardian angel duty....waking Heather every few hours as asked by the hospital to make sure she doesn't slip into a coma or something, and watching for severe swealing.

I had the opportunity to get my hands on the little lowlife that did this, but due to all the witnesses and video cameras at the hospital once I saw him face to face in the lobby, and knowing what I do about law, I felt I could do more damage to him and more good for my family if I was not behind bars myself just to get a few punches in.....Although I did say a few things to him in the hopes he'd throw the first punch and I could retaliate, and for a second he almost did, but his looser stepdaddy was with him telling him not to do anything but walk away.....Lucky for him and unfortunately for me, thats what he did.....So since I couldn't kill him in the hospital lobby with my bare hands, I went to work on the cops who had NOT placed him under arrest and wasn't sure if they'd be able to since Heather couldn't remember what happened and couldn't say that Michael really did attack her.....After some serious talking I was able to work the cops over to my way of thinking once I spilled everything I knew about the little magott that had transpired over the previous night of him stalking her.....By the time they were done with their investagation at the hospital, I had them seeing things my way, and they went to his home and arrested him and charged him with felony domestic assault.....since he's already a multi time felon on paroll this should revoke his paroll and he should have to spend the rest of his parol(5yrs)back in the pen...(his previous penetentary stays were for dealing dope).....plus were planning on heaping every charge we can on top of whats already on his record in the hopes they'll add a few more years to the sentence.....At least i'm praying thats what our judicial system will do....This guy is pure white trash and nuthin but....I've known it from day one, but I couldn't convince the family....especially Heather......I'm pretty sure he can't make bail so hopefully he won't be released anytime soon.....in the mean time as soon as the courts open tomorrow, we are following thru with restraining orders, and trespass orders and suing him for anything and everything we can come up with starting with back child support and then onto Heathers now perminate ear damage.....I know he doesn't have any money so she'll probably never get anything but a judgement against him but I want to make his life as miserable as possible and if he ever does get anything I want Heather and his child to get it and not him......But first we are going to push to make him sign away all his rights to the baby.....he's said before he would do that before he'd pay child support....specially since he's a lazy no good worthless human being,that doesn't want a job when its much easier to just steal what he wants from hard workin folks like you and me.....once we have that paper granting Heather full custody of Kaylyn and we can change her last name back to our name then we might find some scence of normalcy and can hopefully keep him outta her and Kaylyns life......Wait, let me rephrase that.

"One way or another I WILL keep him outta their life".

Pray for Heather guys.....she's hurtin, and all messed up about her ear damage....shes a gorgous young lady and is really self concious about her looks and this is gonna eat on her for along time.....maybe forever....I dunno....I kinda feel like I failed her somehow and didn't protect her good enough, even though I've been after her from the beginning to drop this guy, and i've warned her on several occasions that I didn't trust him....I'm a pretty good judge of character and this guy was a big NO in my book from day one.....Anyway,he finally showed us a sample of what he's really capable of today(even though he denies doing anything and doesn't know what happened to her....He claims he was just holding the baby and suddenly Heather started screaming "My ear, my ear"......."YEAH F'n right......Hopefully one day i'll get to show him a sample of what i'm capable of as well.

And to think.....I went outta my way to try and help this kid....let him live with us for a few months....got him a job that he never went too....cooked and served him meals till i'd had enough of him layin around the house and threw him out.....and this is how he shows Heather he loves her.

Sorry for the rant....I'm pretty sure you guys understand the anger as well as the heartbreak, i'm going thru tonite......I had to vent to some friends just to get rid of some of the adrinaline thats been surging thru my veins for the past 12 hours.

Its time like these I wish it was the old west and I could hunt him down and.......well, you know.....do what the indians might do....have a little fun so ta speak.

Alright, i'm sure i've run my mouth long enough....I'll leave you with a couple of pics of my beautiful daughter Heather......Tell me guys.....How could anyone hit this???

Love ya guys.
Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM6860.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	4159   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM6874.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	4160  

Last edited by 66KingFisher; 09-02-09 at 04:37 AM.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 04:56 AM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Michael,
I guess its you and me up tonight. I can't tell you how sorry am I about what has happened to your family. There are some things in this world that are so sick, and distressing, you wonder what there is left to do in a world like this?

But the answer is in the picture you enclosed. Take care of your family. See to it, to the best of your abilities, to protect them from the world of trash that exists on the outside. Pray to God for his help, understanding, forgiveness and guidance at all times.

Also we should take the time to remember what we have. Your daughter will still be as lovely as she was yesterday, and dont let her forget that. She can wear her hair long and the damage will be hidden. That she was not more seriously hurt, or that the child was not hurt by this cretin, we all should be thankful for. Just as we can be thankful that now the perpetrator will be locked away and known to be what he is.
Old 09-02-09, 05:18 AM   #3
66KingFisher

I hope your right WTL......and yeah, as you might understand, i'm not really able to get any sleep tonite.....I'm angry....i'm still pumped on adrinaline and i'm being pretty damn hard on myself for not being able to keep this from happening, as well as not being able to get any instant satisfaction other than knowing I got him sent back to jail.....but thats a familier place to him, and only time will tell how long that ends up being.....for all I know some obscure relative might show up with bail money tomorrow and he'll be out as he always seems to get out.....I've seen this kid get outta more stuff then you'd believe....he's a snitch from what i'm told and thats how he gets off alot of the time.....but i'm praying that won't happen in this case.....several of the cops knew my daughter and loved her....as does most anyone that knows her.....But deep in my gut I feel I gotta do something to make things right....even the score so to speak, but how the hell do you do that in our society today?

I'm praying for alot right now, but my vengence is gettin in the way.....I want to go midevil on the guy.....maybe do what the wild west indians would've done......make him suffer a really long time before he finally kicks off....stake him down over a fire ant nest and let the fun begin.......I know i'm not suppose to feel like that or think like that.....i'm suppose to be civilized and one of our Lords commandments tell's me i'm not suppose to kill......So wheres that leave me?......How do you get justice when the laws seem to protect the criminals more than the victims, and when our justice system releases these REPEAT offenders back into society, all newly trained with their newly acquired criminal skills they learned while in the pen, we're just suppose to accept that they were rehabilitated????.....I don't think so.....I think I agree with something I heard Ted Nugent say on national tv......They're shouldn't be repeat offenders......there should be dead offenders.
Old 09-02-09, 05:32 AM   #4
WTL

There arent easy answers to those questions. How should you feel? Well how can anyone feel, you arent alone in wanting whats coming to those type people to come.

I do think you must remember your responsibilities to your family. Making a show, killing that guy, vengeance, isn't one of them. Thats Gods place. You have a positive duty to do what you can to better the lives of your family, not a duty to hurt those who have harmed you. You wont be better off for killing that man. The instant satisfaction will end up hollow if you end up in jail for murder. Your family will be worse off, they wont have you around.

As for the problems of society, its up to God fearing people like you to stick together with the rest of the good folks left to try and push us back in the proper direction.
Old 09-02-09, 05:55 AM   #5
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
You have a positive duty to do what you can to better the lives of your family, not a duty to hurt those who have harmed you. You wont be better off for killing that man.
I know....I know, and you couldn't have said it better.....Although I can't help myself for wanting too......However, at this moment in time i'm very much reminded of a story about an older gentleman by the name of Richard Keech....Please read his story here http://www.richard-keech.org/modules....php?storyid=2

By the way.....my last name is the same as Richards, although as far as I know we are not related.
Old 09-02-09, 06:07 AM   #6
JB

man sorry to hear about your daughter, I'd kill that SOB for hurting her, torture him first King....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 06:09 AM   #7
WTL

I like that gentleman, but his situation is not identical to yours. Given a choice between your daughter dying and the abusive husband dying and you going to jail, the proper choice may well be what Mr Keech did.

Ever see the movie Gran Torino? There is a similar idea involved. But remember that we live in society, bound by a sort of social contract. We give up our right to vengeance in exchange for the security provided by police. Should, at the end of the road or close to the end, the police fail in their side of the bargain, maybe you could say all deals are off and its time to act.

But in your case, the punk is going to jail. Your daughter will be protected, even if he does get paroled, by restraining orders and the support of your family around her.
Old 09-02-09, 07:19 AM   #8
Culln5
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'm sorry that you, your daughter, and family have had to experience domestic violence. I am proud to hear that you allowed "reason" to prevail over your "natural instincts". Your family is better off with that decision. However, protect them from any immeadiate threats!
Old 09-02-09, 07:51 AM   #9
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

I just had a longwinded post written but I deleted it.
I'd be pissed too, but don't do anything stupid.The family needs you.This sc*mb*g will get his eventually.You should talk to someone about this,it's not your fault,you did the best you could.
I'm praying everything works out for you and the family.Be strong.
Old 09-02-09, 08:02 AM   #10
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Restraining your self was the right thing do to, even though it was probably very hard.

We'll keep you, your daughter, and your family in our prayers, and hope everything works out ok.

BB
Old 09-02-09, 08:04 AM   #11
DonaldBreland

King. I will put her in my prayers. She is a very beautiful woman who deserves better in her life. Just let her know that she will seek many prayers across the country from this. Also this is a big plus. Tell her with her beautiful blue eyes know one will ever notice her ear. She has a glow about her.
I can't see how anyone can hurt anyone. He will pay for what he did. I guarantee your daughter will be much better now that shes back home with you. God Bless and I love you brother.
Old 09-02-09, 09:04 AM   #12
MississippiBoy

Michael, I don't really know you, or her, but I'm so furious and horrified at this moment, I'd head there right now if I thought I could help in any way. And if that guy was out on the street, I KNOW how I could help. I can't believe this.... man, words fail me....
I'll definitely be praying for her quick recovery, your strength to lead your family through this, the rest of the family, and for the judicial system, that they will do what's right and put this guy away for so long your granddaughter will never have to see him again. She's 15 months old, right? Maybe she won't even remember this piece of ______ when she's older...I think that would be the best thing for her.
I may have just the faintest, slightest idea about how you feel right now, with my daughter, our first child, on the way. She's not even born yet, but when I put myself in your shoes, with some guy that supposedly "loves" her, that I've tried to get her away from, and he does this despicable thing to her......God, I'm making myself even angrier as I type.
Man, we're behind you 100%. Keep us updated on how your daughter is doing, and let her know that there's a bunch of guys behind her all the way.
You'll all be in my prayers.
Old 09-02-09, 09:19 AM   #13
flbassman

Man I am terribly sorry to hear that. As tough as it is, you gotta let God and the law work it out. I'll be praying for you and your daughter , and make sure she knows that no matter how she currently looks, she is absolutely beautiful.
Old 09-02-09, 09:48 AM   #14
1/4 stick

I admire your restraint 66. I can't imagine what you're going through. I don't think I could have your resolve not to kill someone that did that to my baby girl. She's 19 now, but wil always be my baby girl. It's a daddy daughter thing I guess. You shouldn't beat yourself up over it though, you did all you could to warn her of him and there was nothing more you could do. I'll be praying for strength and protection for your daughter and for you and your family. She's a beautiful young lady and always will be, don't let her forget it.
Old 09-02-09, 09:49 AM   #15
bcklash

We're praying for your family King and the Smith family has a big group hug around your family.

What makes me so mad is that those pieces of s--t has more rights than we do. But please keep your head on straight and hope the courts do their job.
Old 09-02-09, 09:50 AM   #16
nofearengineer

Man, right now I am sort of torn as to what to say to you.

Like you, I would want to kill that punk. Unlike you, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep from doing it. So you're a better man than me there. The most important thing right now is not vengeance, but taking care of your family. As long as your daughter is out of immediate danger physically, your best thing to focus on right now is stripping the little b****rd of his parental rights. Only when that is accomplished, can you start the getting him out of your lives completely. However, since laws don't seem to be enough to keep this guy's toes on the line, I would still keep a very large handgun loaded and in a convenient place. It would be a crying shame if the little guy was to get a hole put in him while pounding on your door in a drunken rage.

As for your daughter, you didn't do anything wrong. You didn't fail her. Unfortunately, even good girls have this strange predilection for choosing total losers. They don't really understand what makes a man a man, and they mistake reckless confidence and raw violent aggression for strength. The same way we guys tend to pick some beautiful girl who we find out later seems to lack a conscience.

Who knows? The constant physical reminder of a terrible mistake once made might temper her choice of a future boyfriend. I pray, for her distraught father's sake at least, that she's done with "bad boys".
Old 09-02-09, 11:09 AM   #17
cassidyta

I want to echo the statements made by so many others on here. Neither you nor your daughter did anything wrong. In fact, you are an incredible example for your daughter and your grandbaby. You have shown them both that a real man thinks out his plans and does not act simply on reaction. At this moment, seeing an example of a real man is what your daughter needs the most.
I also would like to add that you do not owe anyone an apology for the stress or tone of your e-mail.
Old 09-02-09, 11:46 AM   #18
66KingFisher

Thanks for all the prayers and comforting words my friends....its been a long nite, but Heather came thru ok....She's badly beatin and bruised and is physically hurting from that much more then from the missing ear area.....She and her mother have gone to the police station this morning and are filling all the nessassary paperwork to keep him away.....So the ball has starting rolling so the speak.....i'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 09-02-09, 11:48 AM   #19
carolina-rig-01

king i am so sorry for what happened. that girl is beautiful and i am praying for her. i can't stand any guy that would raise his hand to a female, you did the right thing by controlling yourself but i am not sure i could have done the same.
Old 09-02-09, 01:35 PM   #20
fishen green
BassFishin.Com Member

god I am sorry she is beautiful I wish I was closer I would love to help you guys in any way
good luck and god speed in protecting those babies
fishen green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 02:48 PM   #21
crankybait

Had to come back to this post twice just because i had no clue what to say the first time. Still, I really don't know what to say. I'm glad you restrained yourself because I know I probably wouldnt have, and for that you are still around to protect them. I'm a huge beleiver in Karma, and this waste of life will get what's coming to him.
Old 09-02-09, 05:01 PM   #22
Bill M
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I know my temper....I know I would have blown him away...Prayers sent your way and stay strong and sane you are needed by your family. And I give ya a ton of credit for holding back and letting the Law do its justice.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 06:20 PM   #23
islandbass

I found it getting more and more difficult to read this as I was bouncing back between felling terrible about what happened and really starting to get upset (understatement of an adjective.

God bless you for your restraint. You are very strong and as much as I too would have been tempted, I believe you did the right thing. Prayers on the way to you and your family.
Old 09-02-09, 08:00 PM   #24
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

That is terrible 66! Completely undertsnadable on everything you're feeling right now, and you don't need to excuse your language around me! You need to speak some fluent french and do some ventin', you just hit me up on yahoo.
Your daughter is one beautiful little angel to be sure. Time heals all wounds, let's just hope she picks a better guy when the time comes.
It really is too bad this isn't the old west. I'd make the trip to your neck of the woods with a length of good sturdy rope.
All you can really do now is protect her and make her feel safe. I have no doubts you'll do exactly that.
By the way, the justice system sucks. While you throwin him a beatin should not only be excused, but applauded, like you said, it would only make things worse for you and your entire family.
Old 09-02-09, 08:05 PM   #25
brushhog

King, didn't know what to say, wrote, deleted, rewrote, deleted.

I'm glad WTL was here when you needed to vent, he seems to have a skill for that. I'm sorry for what happened and admire you for how you handled it...

Just make sure you do everything in your power,legally, to keep that lowlife SOB away from your family and just continue to be there for your daughter.

You and your family will be in my thoughts...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.