Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-08, 11:32 PM   #26
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

now there's a gal who is gonna make a wonderful wife someday. that is ifn he can out run dad's shotgun!! beautiful little girl you have there. and catches fish too? man oh man. congrats dad!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-08, 06:06 AM   #27
Stinkies Daddy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

thanks fellas for the kind comments
Old 08-06-08, 09:14 AM   #28
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thatz a nice Crappie. Most bass guy's have never caught a bass that size. If i was using a push button reel. I would use a zebco 33. There are a ton of them out there real cheap. Plus parts are easily found. And can be easily repaired.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 04:09 PM   #29
Snake2715

I got to use my buddies Rhino combo and man I wa surprised at the ruggedness of it. Nice casting as well even with braided power pro on it.
Old 08-14-08, 10:56 AM   #30
Stinkies Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
now there's a gal who is gonna make a wonderful wife someday. that is ifn he can out run dad's shotgun!! beautiful little girl you have there. and catches fish too? man oh man. congrats dad!!!
I have avoided the rush and started and started hating teenage boys now!
Old 08-14-08, 11:02 AM   #31
cassidyta

Girls are easy. Just do what I did, have two boys then wait ten years for the girl. I figure at least one of us can be there for the next 20 years. She is 5 now and starts kindergarden Tuesday.
Old 08-14-08, 11:09 AM   #32
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

haha i havent used my 202 in a while..like years... and when i caught the fish http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...726#post201726 here...i was using a zebco 808..and i felt retarted.. i tried to fish it like a bait caster and i was the only retard who couldnt cast the spincast reel....
Old 08-14-08, 12:15 PM   #33
Stinkies Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Thatz a nice Crappie. Most bass guy's have never caught a bass that size. If i was using a push button reel. I would use a zebco 33. There are a ton of them out there real cheap. Plus parts are easily found. And can be easily repaired.
That Crappie was over 17" and i'm guessing bout 3 1/4 lbs, which in your world i guessing it to be = to a 10 maybe 12 lb LMB. I could be wrong on the weight, but in compairison thats a huge Crappie!We were fishing a private dock ( i have permission) and after hearin daddy,daddy, daddy bout 325 times in 15 minutes, i had kinda lost my attentiveness. When i did turn around i saw her 4 1/2 micro lite rod in a horse shoe and her lil quantum MS00 spinning reel with smoke rolling out of the drag, and her cork was headed to the bottom at msach 5, i got real attentive real quick. My first instinct was to help her, but i didn't. The Crappie then comes to the surface and flashes, it looked like a silver trash can lid, and back into the murky depths it goes. By this time i'm layin on the dock and me and GOD are involved in a very indepth conversation bout all the things that i'm gonna quit doing if he lets her get this fish in. Now this dock has a lot of cover sunk in it, i know this to be fact, and it would have been very easy for him to get into a brush pile and break her off, but as the fish would run she would stop reeling and let him take line as she gently raised the rod tip to keep his head up. My hair, whats left of it is now completely white, after what seemed like days she got the fish to the surface andgot him to me and the only help she recieved from me during this whole process was when i lipped him and got him onto the dock. We now, in my circle of friends refer to this fish as the 1 that ruined her. She no longer wants to catch gills, She wants the trophy fish! She is known all over town as Katchin Katie the PanFish Princess and has the respect and admiration of many seasoned fishermen. Another time we fishing on Beaver during FLW inbetween to pro boats and she landed a 3 lb LMB, but thats another storie for another time.Sorry bout the rant i guess im just too proud of her.
Old 08-14-08, 12:36 PM   #34
Fishnngolfn

You can never be too proud of your children. Especially when they land the fish your daughter has.

Last edited by Fishnngolfn; 08-14-08 at 03:24 PM.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 03:08 PM   #35
cassidyta

Anybody who says you are ranting too much on it is just jealous that they have not gotten into a fish as big as hers. Mine loves to fish (at least cast and reel), but hates seeing fish with "owies". She and I spend most our fishing time in the backyard casting her hookless lures into the pool.

Last edited by cassidyta; 08-14-08 at 03:09 PM. Reason: typo
cassidyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 05:40 PM   #36
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I grew up on Zebco 202 and 33 reels. Then moved on to the Zebco One. It was a love hate relationship with my reels. Loved to fish but hated how the Zebcos always tangled around the spool shaft under the line picup cap for lack of a better term. Now the Daiwa Gold series spincast reels are a different bird all together. Compared to Zebco you get more ball bearings, higher gear ratio, oscillating spool and dual line pickup pins. My brother bought one after a lifetime of curssing Zebcos and LOVES his Daiwa. t is more expensive by far than Zebco. But if your dealing with a young beginner who has little patience then the extra cost of havig a reel for the beginner to use without casting problems with well worth the price.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 03:58 PM   #37
Snake2715

This is a nice push button reel as well:

Zebco Z03:
Pics with reviews here:

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewzebcoomega.html

OR

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0013026116646a.shtml

Or here;

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/44496/reviews.htm

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.