Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-11, 11:36 PM   #1
Showda
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Going to FL

I am headed to FL to the Sarasota area next week for my brothers wedding. Planning to hit the water while im there. Any tips on what the bass are doing now and what they're eating?

Last edited by Showda; 01-29-11 at 12:54 AM.
Showda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 01:41 AM   #2
johnD
BassFishin.Com Member

Do you know where your gonna be fishing ? Some bass are on the beds in Central Fl on the Kissimmee chain..I don't know if your interested in saltwater but the reds and trout on fire inshore, creeks and flats.
johnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 10:20 AM   #3
Showda
BassFishin.Com Member

Not sure yet I am flying down my brother is pulling the bass boat. I guess we will try to find a lake somewhere within probably an hour of where we are staying in Sarasota. How far is the Kissimmee chain from Sarasota?

Last edited by Showda; 01-29-11 at 03:39 PM.
Showda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 03:51 PM   #4
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

about 2 hrs or so to Kissimmee from Sarasota. Not many places in Sarasota to drop your boat.........unless you want to catch some Red Fish lol.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 08:14 PM   #5
johnD
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showda View Post
Not sure yet I am flying down my brother is pulling the bass boat. I guess we will try to find a lake somewhere within probably an hour of where we are staying in Sarasota. How far is the Kissimmee chain from Sarasota?

North on I-75 then right on highway 674 from Sarasota to Frostproof my suggestion is putting in @ Grape Hammock Fish Camp Inc. (official name) Try fishing around Brahma Island..(The traffic trough Brandon on 60 is a nightmare) Thats why I suggest 674 to frostproof.Guessing you'll be using a GPS it won't be a problem.

One more option take highway 70 over to Lake Istokpoga.

Last edited by johnD; 01-29-11 at 08:31 PM.
johnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 12:46 AM   #6
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

There are so many lakes in central FL that there is no way to know for sure without a few specific names of lakes. My wife's extended family live down that way and her uncle does loads of bass fishing at a lot of the lakes.

My only suggestion would bring lures for pre or early spawn expectations, and a few "winter lure" options like dark jigs and worms.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.