Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 11-28-11, 05:21 PM   #1
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Garmin Fishfinder

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I have posted but I have been reading a bunch of everyone's posts . I hope everyone had a good holiday and was able to do some fishing.

Anhow, to my question. I am looking to mount a small (but able) fishfinder to the bow of my BassTracker. I'm kind of short on my budget ($250 or less). I was at Bass Pro last night and talked with an employee about the Garmin Echo 300C Fishfinder. Has anyone had any experience with these or other Garmin Fishfinders?

Thanks in advance. John
Old 11-28-11, 08:39 PM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey Mo Garmin is a good brand name..very respected in salt circles. I haven't used one in 20 years but things usually get better over time. For 250 you can buy any number of worthy sounders. Unless your sold on owning a Garmin you might want to look at birds and lowrance, seems garmin units lack pixel count and ptp power in the same price point as H. & L.
Old 11-28-11, 11:01 PM   #3
Donutman
BassFishin.Com Member

Smile

One of the graphs I was seriously considering was the HB 570 DI unit. It's only black & white, but I really like the down imaging option. What I ended up with was one of the Lowrance HDS 5 units when Academy had them on sale last week. Got it a to good of a deal to pass up. But for the price, the HB 570 DI would have been my second choice.
Donutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 01:20 PM   #4
gysgthard
BassFishin.Com Member

Mo I do have a Garmin Fishfinder and I realy like it. I have had all three kinds and they all are good it just depends on what you like and are looking for. My Garmin is color and the Lowrance is gray scale the one thing I would do is get one with GPS it helps out alot if you fish alot of lakes. If you are like me the older you get the less you rember and and you allways want to go back to that honey hole where you cought the BIG ONE
gysgthard is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.