Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-06, 08:05 AM   #26
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'll say this, blooper wise, ol Bill beats the hell out of himself and it always reminds me of stuff I've done or have seen other do, like hit your shin on the ball hitch that connect to the boat, like who hasn't done that?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 10:08 AM   #27
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Bill Dance was fishing on a show and some bass fishing friends were watching from their boats. During some point in the show, one trolled over to Bills boat and began arguing with Bill and slapped Bill in the face. Bill was hurt, but without saying anything, he pulled his procraft to shore and got off and he wrote in the sand: Today a bass fisherman slapped me in the face. He was confussed and rattled that another bass fisherman would do this to him. He kept on walking on the shore line, until he decided to take a rest.. Bill who had been slapped set down and got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the bass fisherman had a change of heart for Bill and saved him from drowning. After Bill recovered from the near drowning, he wrote another message on a stone: Today one of my kind saved my life. The bass fisherman, who had slapped Bill and saved him, asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand, and now, you write on a stone, why?"Bill replied: "When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand, where the winds of forgiveness can erase it away, but when some one does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where wind can never erase it.... Forgive as you wish to be forgiven...These words come to you with Love. When your emotions threaten to overwhelm you, just forgive and all will be forgiven. Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your blessings in stone. Your friend Bill Dance....I don’t care how many times he falls off the boat or promotes a product or wears his favorite "T"Cap, and it’s ok if he catches the same Bass time after time. And from time to time he will catch Catfish and carp just for me to watch, and that’s what I like about my my HERO. I also have this "T" Burned on the side of our barn along with my carp trophies. Yours truly. Polly Ann
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 11:45 AM   #28
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

i like his show, all the fishing shows ive ever watched were advertising stuff. THey say stuff like "The best lure for these conditions is __________ on a _______ rod and ________ reel with ________ line."
Old 03-26-06, 01:54 PM   #29
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I look forward to watching Bills' show every week. I don't mind the promotions and selling he does. Everyone has to make a living. I usually pick up one or two new things from every show. Not lures but information. It's almost like going fishing with your dad.

Bob
Old 03-26-06, 03:57 PM   #30
Sluggo
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob
I look forward to watching Bills' show every week. I don't mind the promotions and selling he does. Everyone has to make a living. I usually pick up one or two new things from every show. Not lures but information. It's almost like going fishing with your dad.

Bob
I agree his show is kinda like a "touch stone" for me. I've had good results from some of the lures he "promotes" and his strategies.
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 12:27 AM   #31
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with Bill-I enjoy his show. I just hate the way he handles his fish.
Ditto, Bro! And I was screaming at the TV the other day when Edwin Evers kept a bass, jaw bent down, out of the water for a lonnnnnnnnng time as he yakked about it.
I expected better from an Okie!

FlyRod
Somewhere in San Antonio
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 10:19 PM   #32
JigginJim
BassFishin.Com Member

I dont like the the way that he will hold a 4 lb bass horizontal by the lower lip. That's gotta be stressful.
JigginJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 12:21 AM   #33
texasnitro
BassFishin.Com Active Member

yea i really enjoy watching his show and o boy he sure has gotten me to buy lots of his promo stuff "bomber cranks" and booya spinners.
texasnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 03:38 AM   #34
Lee Boy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lee Boy

bill is a great guy and i enjoy his shows sence i was a kid with my grand father the way he hold fish come on now it does not hurt effect r stress them 1 bit ppl have diff ways of doinin thang..
Lee Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 04:01 PM   #35
JitterGitter
BassFishin.Com Member

he fishes in lakes were there are 1 million 3-12 lb bass and he jigs a worm and catches them easy as that!
JitterGitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 01:19 PM   #36
Sluggo
BassFishin.Com Member

I wonder if Bill's last "blooper" will be him falling in the water wearing that electric heat suit he promotes.
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 01:45 PM   #37
Deacon
BassFishin.Com Active Member

1 thing you guys gotta remember is that good old Bill has been bass fishing longer than most of been alive. He is the reasons guys like me got into bass fishing. He is the reason alot of guys got into it. I remeber about 13-14 yrs old my Dad and I used to watch his show on tv. It was exciting to see this guy catch these fish(big ones ). Besides my Dad, Bill was the most influential bass fisherman to get me started. Sure hes older now and fishes provate impoundments. I fish private impoundments ALOT too. Does that mean Im in the same catogory now as him. Does that mean the places I fish are easy to catch big fish? Maybe...But heck if you guys had access to private place that had toads in it you saying that you woldnt fish them?

As Fishin Dude says(and I agree 100% with everything he said) Yeah he endorses product on his show and yeah he kinda pushes them hard. But if you take it with a grain of salt and see the show for what it really is you might ejoy it for what is is. Entertainment. Its a enteretaining show that teach you the fundamentals. He is a great guy who has been in the game a loooooong time. You dont become a household name for nothin.....

As far as how he treats the fish...Yeah that does kinda bother me. I dont know what to tell you guys about this 1. What can you do.

As far as Bill goes in his shows I think him in the impoundments are great for the little kids that watch the show with Dad on a Sat morning! It captures the imagination of a young impressionable kid. It did with me.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-06, 07:48 PM   #38
Rat-L-Trapper
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via MSN to Rat-L-Trapper Send a message via Yahoo to Rat-L-Trapper

I don't care what anybody says Bill Dance has been my fishin' hero for many years and I'm sure he will continue to be for quie a long time. He's a good fisherman and a great guy!
Rat-L-Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.