Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 10-22-08, 04:06 PM   #1
Daubs
BassFishin.Com Member

Default What is my boat worth(?)

I figured I could post here and get some good feedback on selling my fishing boat next spring. What I really want to get is a jon boat with shallow drive or mud motor for duck hunting the Platte here in NE.

Here's what I'm looking to sell this spring:

Fourteen foot shallow V-hull alum fishing boat. Riveted with bench seats. I put down plywood up front and mounted swivel seat and a foot controlled 36 lb. Minkota trolling motor. Have ped-seat in back also.

Merc 20hp outboard that runs well. I think the title says the boat built in 60's and motor is mid 70's.

All sits on a trailer that is less than 8 years old (pretty much brand new when I purchased from guy in Missouri). Long trailer that pulls well.

Boat will do 23 MPH on the water by my GPS. It's a nice rig but since I moved from MO back to NE I have gotten it wet three times in three years. Time to move it and get a duck boat.

What do you think this rig is worth? Thanks, D.
Daubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-08, 04:39 PM   #2
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I would look at craigs list and do a little comparison shopping. But in that age range you would be looking round $700 or less.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-08, 05:29 PM   #3
Daubs
BassFishin.Com Member

I was thinking around that number. Got $200 in trolling motor alone...and trailers is in great shape. Motor fires quickly even after sitting all winter. Thanks for the feedback.
Daubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-08, 05:39 PM   #4
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It could be worth a little more I think if the motor is in fine running condition. The problem right now is the economy, its so far down people are gonna be getting rid of boats left and right and nobody is gonna be buying much, but always a working motor and a aluminum boat on a good trailer is worth something.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.