Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-07, 04:16 PM   #1
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stick Marsh & Ansin/Garcia

Brian Graves, John Cooper, and Derek arrived for 3 days of fishing on the 10th and were greeted with cold temps and winds that ranged from 15-30+ MPH.

Day one we headed to the south end of the Farm and watched the water get dirty. We managed a few fish by moving about the area tying off on one stump and then the next. The fish we caught came on the Yamamoto SwimSenko that was T-rigged with a 3/16 ounce weight. Providing entertainment for the trip was my good friend Don (WWF). He volunteered to assist with the third person at the request of the crew. Little did they know what they were getting themselves into.

Day two had a worse forecast so the solution was a trip to Garcia. We pushed back the start time so that the two old me, (Don and I), wouldn't have to freeze our butts off. The ramp was pretty deserted when we arrived which meant all the more fish for us. Starting out in the north impoundments we picked up a few fish but nothing of note. However, with the cold no one ready to face the long ride up the Zig Zag until it warmed a bit.

By 10:00 we decided the run had to made so everyone bundled up and off we went. We weren't there but 5 minutes when a line made that snapping sound and a pole was seriously bent from a fish on.

As luck would have it out boat scored the first big fish of the day. By day's end the results were fair but they certainly could have been better.

Day three was a repeat performance weather-wise so the option was again Garcia and again a delayed start. The change was the front had passed and the wind that had howled for two days out of the north was now howling out of the east. The run was straight to the Zig Zag and with warmer temperatures coming in early it was hoped that production would be really good. It didn't work out that way as we struggled for every bite that we got throughout the day. The passing front could be blamed, but the guys opted to blame the Legend of Don (WWF). The jinx was on and since Don was carrying the 3rd member of the crew there was no way to pay him to leave the area.

It was memorable trip with three great friends on board. This was only one of many trips that Brian and crew have fished with me and although the fishing wasn't the greatest on this trip, the comradeship was the greatest. Lively banter between the two boats, Don (WWF), and the crew made it definitely a trip to remember.

If the wind blows Garcia is definitely a viable place to be able to get out of some of that wind and catch some fish.

See you on the water: say hi if you get the chance.
Old 01-12-07, 05:19 PM   #2
Super Fluke
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thank for the report
Old 01-12-07, 08:29 PM   #3
skeeter944

wow! nice fish and thanks for the report!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 02:23 AM   #4
Rodman_Rob

always love seeing your reports, sometime when me and my friends can get the time off at the same time, we'll be down there.
Old 01-14-07, 05:28 AM   #5
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thanks for the responses:

It lets me know that there is interest.
Old 01-14-07, 08:28 AM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I look forward to all the guides posts. I notice many times the clients are as old as me! Plus it gives more insight to hunting fish rather endless posts about wanting to work a certain lure.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-07, 11:32 PM   #7
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Welcome View Post
Thanks for the responses:

It lets me know that there is interest.
I'm always interested in seeing hawgs, of course I prefer them on the end of my line, lol.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.