Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-29-10, 08:53 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 2 Questions

A) I got some zoom speed worms recently and just started throwing them recently. I have heard a lot of good things about them from different guys on here (main reason i got some). I have caught a couple fish throwing them on a texas rig, but the paddle tail leads me to ask if you guys fish em any other way than T-rig or C-rig? And when do you have the best luck with em (conditions, times, depths)?

B) At the Bassmaster Classic i picked up some Reaction Innovation Skinny Dippers in Whtie Trash (gotta love the names). Heres a link: http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/React...age-RISKD.html I have always seem them as best sellers on tacklewarehouse.com and i was wondering if you guys have ever used them and how. They are said to be a swimbait but i was just gonna fish em kinda like a fluke. Also in the latest "Day on the Lake" in Bassmaster (Kim Bain Moore), she used it on a C-rig. So how do you guys fish em? Depth, time of year, slow/fast?

Thanks for all the help. I thought it would be easier in one thread instead of two. Same basic question just totally different baits, thanks again.
Old 03-29-10, 09:12 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I love them speed worms in the summer around matted grass and pads, that's pretty much the only way I've used them.

The skinny dippers are good around grasses like coon tail and reeds, hat bait here in Fl.
Old 03-30-10, 12:49 AM   #3
Justin2729
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I don't know much bout the speed worm but the skinny dipper vie had a lot of success with it fantastic lure they don't work to well used as a jerk bait tho Ive tried it. I put em on a swimhead here is the link to what I use on em if you wanna check it out.
http://www.revengebaits.com
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 07:28 AM   #4
egolfer
BassFishin.Com Member

I always have a Skinny Dipper tied on. I throw it on a 1/8 Weighted-screw in hook. I think the hooks are made for toads, but they work awesome on the SD. I recently purchased some Little Dippers that I have been using as chatterbait trailers. They are awesome as well.
Old 03-31-10, 07:47 AM   #5
Mac2

Watermelon/Red Speedworm bodies....pinch off the tail,
texpose with a 2/0 worm hook....weightless.

Slow fall presentation combined with deadsticking and slow lifts with refalling and pauses on the bottom.

Casts like a bullet, also great for skipping.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 12:47 PM   #6
Naevulle
BassFishin.Com Member

I dont pinch the tails off the speed worms (nice idea though) but I do fish them weightless or with a 1/8 bullet weight about 10" up the line. They act like a senko but with a more active tail action.
Naevulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 09:42 PM   #7
aikenyounggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac2 View Post
Watermelon/Red Speedworm bodies....pinch off the tail,
texpose with a 2/0 worm hook....weightless.

Slow fall presentation combined with deadsticking and slow lifts with refalling and pauses on the bottom.

Casts like a bullet, also great for skipping.

When you pinch the tail off you get a senko. or least i think so.
Old 04-01-10, 03:39 AM   #8
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I haven't fished the Skinny Dipper, but I had a pretty good year in 09 with the speed worm. I like to fish them mainly weightless. Try changing the bait position to have the tail horizontal and vertical, it changes the way the bait moves weightless.
Old 04-01-10, 08:34 AM   #9
Mac2

Default aikenyounggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
When you pinch the tail off you get a senko. or least i think so.

You get a lure that looks very much like a senko or senko knock off, but the important difference is that there is no internal weight. This lure falls very slowly and presents itself in a much different attitude, falling slowly and giving the bass more time to locate and take the bait. If the bass is territorial, the intruder is more arrogant, not being in a hurry and trespassing at it's own leisure. Also, staying in the strike zone longer, during the slow fall, will be more effective on suspended bass.

Once you pinch the tails off at the narrowing, you can weld them onto other lures if you'd like.....making flat tailed flukes, topwater lizards, throbtail worms and the like.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 09:56 PM   #10
aikenyounggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
Try changing the bait position to have the tail horizontal and vertical, it changes the way the bait moves weightless.
Thats actually the first thing i did was rig it different ways to give it different movement.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.