Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-28-05, 11:30 PM   #1
bassmistress
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmistress
Default Alright check this out. . .

if any one wants to answers do so if not then don't. I have recently bought a G-loomis it has not came yet. I want to have my other tackle gear ready when I get it.
It's a C-rig rod, people who have read my post might have guessed. It is a fast action rod; I read an article somewhere that one should never use briaded line with a fast action rod because one will miss alot of strikes. Have you guys found that to be true? My reel choice will be a Quatum Accurist PT. Has anyone used it. I want to know if it is really all it is made out to be or not before I go and spend one hundred dollars on it. My line choice will be power pro, with Cabelas Flourocarbon leaders.

All I want to know is if you guys think I am on the right track with this stuff or not? I respect your guys/girls is opioin. I am sure all of you have more experience than I do, and were fortunent to try out different rods, lines and lures.
That is why I am asking?

Thank You to all Who reply,

-BASSINFREAK#1-
bassmistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 11:35 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Alright check this out. . .

man, you post this question like you have done something wrong ;D lighten up, this is a respectable question. sorry, i cant help you out, i havnt used this rod/reel. sounds like a good setup tho.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 11:44 PM   #3
bassmistress
BassFishin.Com Member

bassfisher02

Your right bro, I need to lighten up this is suppose to be fun for me, my second home beside fishing. I just feel like I don't know what questions to ask without getting other people worked up about them. HEY THANKS FOR THE ;D. For some reason they always get me to smile. Thanks for reply.

-BASSINFREAK#1-
Old 04-28-05, 11:47 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

pretty much the only ? that gets everybody worked up are the ?'s asked a million times and are stupid ? or they just post to post and dont care what we think. if they are asked before, but are a respectable ?, then everybody doesnt really get bothered by it.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 12:02 AM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

BF1, that is a good question. I haven't ever heard that about braid and a fast action rod. I use an AllStar CRC, which is designed for C-rigging and has a fast tip. No problems at all. I really like the braid for the sensitivity and the no stretch makes for a good solid hookset.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 12:18 AM   #6
bassmistress
BassFishin.Com Member

Rebbasser,

Ya that is why I want a braid but supposedly because of the no strecth factor and the fast rod combined kind of yanks the lure out of the mouth. But you say you have no problem with that so let see what others say.

-BassinFreak#1-
Old 04-29-05, 08:47 AM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Personally I would go with a Shimano Curado if you are going to spend a $100 bucks, for a few more, you get a great reel. I have never had a problem with braid/fused lines other than with cranks, where I have a tendency to set the hook too hard, and pull it out of their mouths.(I'm working on that) As for a good c-rig rod, well that's your
opinion, based on how you like the feel. A c-rig can be used in sooo many applications it unreal. Use it as a search bait, a finesse bait, or just a noise maker to draw fish in. I prefer a heavy rod, and out of all my rods, I use a 7' rod instead of all of my other 6'6" rods. It hleps move the line quicker when needed. The one thing I realized a while ago, is just because I like a rod or reel doesn't mean others do. G-Loomis makes a great rod, but in cetain application I prefer other brands. If nothing else, you have a heck of a rod, that can be used for lots of different things. Put it to use, and see what YOU think. Also there are several differnt price points within the G-Loomis line. Just because some cost more, doen't mean it fits YOUR fishing needs or tastes. All I can say is use the equipment it won't take you long to figure out what you like. I happen to like St. Croix, G-Loomis, Rogue, and even a few of the Shimano rods. But I like each usually for different things. OK JackL motor mouth will shut up now

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 12:04 PM   #8
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

I only use ALL STAR rods or bionic blade
I highly recommend bass pro's bionic blade rods
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 04:25 PM   #9
bassmistress
BassFishin.Com Member

Lizards,

I have never used a baitcasting reel and read in a magazine article on the best 2005 fishing equipment reel was the Quantum and that is much easier to use than a curado. That is why I wold buy it. Is the Curado a much harder reel to use.

-BassinFreak#1-
Old 04-29-05, 04:36 PM   #10
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=BassinFreak#1 link=board=news;num=1114741811;start=0#8 date=04/29/05 at 15:25:51]Lizards,

I have never used a baitcasting reel and read in a magazine article on the best 2005 fishing equipment reel was the Quantum and that is much easier to use than a curado. Â*That is why I wold buy it. Â*Is the Curado a much harder reel to use.

Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* -BassinFreak#1-[/quote]

They all have ther little nuances. I guess I would say that the Curado's are as easy as any to use. Do this, price out the 2 reels from wherever, and then go to ebay, and see which one hold it's value more, or is close to the same price as retail. I can tell you the the used curado's are going for not much less than full retail. That in itself should tell you how much folks like those reels. I can't honestly say good or bad about the Quantum. I do buy Quantum spinning reels due to the magnetic bail system they have that I like a lot.

Lizards
Old 04-29-05, 08:11 PM   #11
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey BF, take a look here when you get your reel:

http://pages.infinit.net/fishing/bait101.htm

It will answer all the questions you will have and let you set it up correctly.

Old 04-29-05, 08:21 PM   #12
bassmistress
BassFishin.Com Member

Rebasser,

That is F**KING AWESOME. THANKS MAN. I wil make sure to read it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

-BassinFreak#1-
Old 04-30-05, 08:06 PM   #13
procraft190
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to procraft190

i got a quantum energy pt ang it is by far the best reel i have ever used
procraft190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 12:31 AM   #14
bronzebackguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bronzebackguy

i have used both reels and i would pick the curado over the quantum, but both are very good reels, as for the rod, its a good rod for soft plastics with weights, i have never used a braided line when fishing with soft plastics becuase i am never able to feel the fish, i would suggest a heavier mono line
bronzebackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 10:39 AM   #15
big_mouth
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to big_mouth

I c-rig with a spinner so no help on your reels choice I guess but braided line in my mind is the way to go with anything that hits the bottom. I can feel so much more with it.
big_mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 10:03 PM   #16
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=boisebassin link=board=news;num=1114741811;start=0#13 date=04/30/05 at 23:31:09]
i have never used a braided line when fishing with soft plastics becuase i am never able to feel the fish, i would suggest a heavier mono line [/quote]

I would wonder why you can't feel the fish. I will say mostly you are gonna see the line move with fishing weightless, versus feel them. But in my experience mono isn't even in the same league as the superlines for being able to "FEEL" what the lure is doing. I truly can't believe
what you said is the case, unless you just haven't used them at all. Heck even Floutocarbon line is more sensitive than mono
??? ???

Lizards
Old 05-01-05, 10:09 PM   #17
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=news;num=1114741811;start=0#10 date=04/29/05 at 19:11:55]Hey BF, take a look here when you get your reel:

http://pages.infinit.net/fishing/bait101.htm

It will answer all the questions you will have and let you set it up correctly.

[/quote]

Reb that is the article that changed my whole attitude towards baitcasters. I did exactly as they stated in this article and immediately eliminated any backlashes of any concern immediately. Yes it hurts my casting distance some, but at least I fish with some baitcasters now. By the way, I have already strated adjusting the weights and tension knob down. So I'm getting more and more distance. I finally after 4 weeks of using my baitcasters consistantly, had a heck of a backlash this weekend in a tourney. The reason for the backlash was a tree branch I hit :P If you are new to baitcasters, this article is the best thing you can read. And set it up like they tell you. It really does work.

Lizards
Old 05-02-05, 12:57 PM   #18
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Dad got me my first baitcaster when I was 8 and I still get a backlash when I throw to hard,,Ya get used to them after awhile
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 04:01 PM   #19
juicy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to juicy

I use braided line on my jig rod, a Gloomis IMX 7' HEAVY, FAST ACTION ROD. I also use braid on my 7'6 extra heavy flipping stick that I use for Carolina rigging.
In most apps. with a c-rig your baits will be single hooked lures.
The faster and harder you can get that hook buried the better. Braid may not be a good choice for your treble hooked baits as it may tear them out of the fishs' mouth.
So I would suggest a braid for your main line and then either flouro or mono for your leader, I like mono because it keeps the baits up a bit longer than flourocarbon.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 05:13 PM   #20
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
I finally after 4 weeks of using my baitcasters consistantly, had a heck of a backlash this weekend in a tourney
Now you know why I keep so many rod/reel combos in the boat-as SPARES ;D!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.