Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-11, 11:08 PM   #26
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Bassin View Post
Lol Bryce I assume you are talking about taxes in general right? Or do you mean the welfare recipients taking the monsy?
Yeah, LOL. If it were the losers trying to take the money personally, no judge in the land could issue a restraining order fast enough.
Old 10-25-11, 11:15 PM   #27
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good for Fla. This would be a good National policy, but getting the left to pass anything close is dreaming. I can't imagine what kind of twisted, demented, deranged, barmy thinking must go on inside the ACLU?????
This may get moderated out but...Eric Holder is a complete and total idiot as well as the most incompetant excuse for a AG imaginable I don't think he could be appointed to a low level public defender position....even in Chicago.
Old 10-25-11, 11:18 PM   #28
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Good for Fla. This would be a good National policy, but getting the left to pass anything close is dreaming. I can't imagine what kind of twisted, demented, deranged, barmy thinking must go on inside the ACLU?????
This may get moderated out but...Eric Holder is a complete and total idiot as well as the most incompetant excuse for a AG imaginable I don't think he could be appointed to a low level public defender position....even in Chicago.
See now Kenneth...I knew there was something we could agree 110% on.
Old 10-25-11, 11:43 PM   #29
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tiger View Post
Before I start: No Hard Feelings! But it strikes me as strange that the folks who are all for drug testing are (Mostly) the folks who want smaller government. The laws that get enforced are the ones that fit their agenda. It would be nice to see people granting the same rights to others that they, themselves take for granted. DOMA, immigration laws etc. The founding fathers said that all men are created equal not just all Americans
Hey TT no hard feelings at all..just for clarification...the "folks" that are all for drug testing want smaller gov't. "folks" meaning conservative repubs and independents of course. The dems and libs (not you of course) that crave HUGE government must oppose this law because.....? Drunks and crackheads gotta eat too? Nobody's hungry or homeless in Europe (especially Greece) we should model our society after that great continent? As far as agendas no one wants to go back to the days when the rivers ran black and the skies rained death but big gov't regs are killing business every day...there has got to be a balance...saw on the news some fast food rest. was being forced to remodel their dining room booths to accomodate ANY person that could possibly squeeze through the front door(300+lbs)...citing people with disabilities act? c'mon give us a break, its not that we want only the laws that fit our AGENDA upheld its that people like the ACLU and other far left liberal lawmakers have just plain lost their mind.
Old 10-25-11, 11:46 PM   #30
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
See now Kenneth...I knew there was something we could agree 110% on.
There's probably hundreds of things we're simpatico on....if the biggest difference we have is when during the course of a year the bass may be the heaviest and the pro's and cons of killing a few wayward otters...we're in clover!
Old 10-26-11, 05:06 AM   #31
joedog

Hey kenneth isn't Greece one of the many if not the most unstable economic countries in the world today. I think I'll stay where I'm at!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 07:57 PM   #32
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Hey kenneth isn't Greece one of the many if not the most unstable economic countries in the world today. I think I'll stay where I'm at!
Thats true Joe, but they have great food!
Old 10-26-11, 10:21 PM   #33
joedog

Ya I'm with you kiethdog!
On a side note, today I heard on the radio some group in Florida is sueing in court Sea World for slavery! The suits on behalf of the killer whales and something about slavery is illegal and they are living beings that didn't choose to be whales instead of human. Hence laws that apply to humans should also apply to whales.
Now wouldn't this be a great joke!
It's not. It's for real, no lie. Anyway it's my hunch this new law whether appropriate or not isn't going to stay on the books.
Like I mentioned earlier, teach them to fish.
Old 10-26-11, 10:30 PM   #34
Bassboss

Quote:
Ya I'm with you kiethdog!
On a side note, today I heard on the radio some group in Florida is sueing in court Sea World for slavery! The suits on behalf of the killer whales and something about slavery is illegal and they are living beings that didn't choose to be whales instead of human. Hence laws that apply to humans should also apply to whales.
Now wouldn't this be a great joke!
It's not. It's for real, no lie. Anyway it's my hunch this new law whether appropriate or not isn't going to stay on the books.
Like I mentioned earlier, teach them to fish.
Well we know who's gonna win that suit. lmao!

Seriously though, some people are just dumb. lol
Old 10-26-11, 11:15 PM   #35
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Yes Joe, but unstable is generous, try bankrupt. They became the great nanny state where the gov took care of everybody. Now they ain't got a pot to p**s in. Sad end for a little island that was once home to the brightest minds on the planet and conquerers of the known world.
Old 10-27-11, 07:34 AM   #36
joedog

[/I]Sad end for a little island that was once home to the brightest minds on the planet and conquerers of the known world.
I also agree with you kennethdaysale. It shows us again...All actions have conseqences and those consequences no matter intent can and when it comes to Government usually dose turn out worse than original concieved problem.
Old 10-27-11, 10:25 AM   #37
nofearengineer

We need to change our way of thinking from "how are we going to be able to pay what Congress wants to spend?" to "how much can Congress accomplish with what we are willing to give them?"

The Lyndon Johnson administration ruined everything. Once a huge portion of the population figured out that if they weren't willing to work, they could still extort a modest living from the other taxpayers, it was all over.

Now they use their children like human shields, to defend their indefensible position. They prey on our sympathies to continue, and even expand the status quo. When even a Republican presidential candidate says if you don't want to pay for illegal alien tuition, you "don't have a heart," we are FUBAR'ed.

The founders understood the concept of "no taxation without representation." It should work both ways; no representation without taxation. The only way to fix our system is to take the vote away from those who are on the government dole. Of course, that will never happen, since those sucking on the teat aren't going to vote to cut off their own supply.

So my advice would be to stock up on the only precious metal that matters...lead. The system is going to go broke. There will be rioting in the streets, and roaming packs of scavengers within 5 years.

Enjoy your bass fishing while you can.

Sunny post, huh?
Old 10-27-11, 11:34 AM   #38
bassboogieman

Quote:
some group in Florida
= PITA, no surprise there. Wackos, not a shread of common sense in any of them. I think I'll go skin a beaver in protest, not eat a morsel, just play with the pelt. That should tick PITA of good, hey why don't y'all join me in the protest - make this NATIONAL SKIN A BEAVER DAY............. I know 'bama is in.

This is what you need Bryce - the Mossberg Blackwater 930:

Because you need powder too. When anarchy occurs the shotgun will be king. Easy to reload the spent shells. Can use rusty nuts, bolts, pieces of nails or scrap metal, BB's, ball bearings, etc. when you find yourself short of lead. Slug loads also enable you to reach out and touch, should you need to. Very versitle weapon and the pucker power of the shotgun (especally in close quarters) is difficult to match with a rifle. My preference to the "assault" rifles so popular with many. It's easy to use also, just like a pocket camera..................... just point and shoot.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 10-27-11 at 12:02 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 02:50 PM   #39
TN_Bassin

Boogie, might I suggest a more intimidating option... a good ole fashioned blunderbuss. Why spend precious time reloading spent shotgun cartridges, when you can just grab a handful of debris and shove it down the pipe with the powder? Not in that order.

Notice the Ivory handle and brass muzzle... a must for the scavenger gentleman.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blunderbuss pistoler.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	7298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Man shooting blunderbuss.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	7299  
Old 10-27-11, 04:12 PM   #40
doc

"find it insulting (and ironic) that requiring drug testing to receive tax dollars as a handout is apparently a violation of the 4th Amendment's "unreasonable search and seizure" clause.''

My son receives tax dollars in the form of a ssi check due to his disability (c.p.). Are you suggesting they drug test my 7 year old son? Thats the only problem I see with this. There will be children involved in this, children that have no say in how their parent(s) spend said welfare monies, but (hopefully) at least see a little benefit from it. So because mom smokes pot little susie doesn't eat well this month. Are the parents spending the money the way their supposed to? probably not, but at least it is the parents neglecting the children instead of the government.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 04:27 PM   #41
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Are you suggesting they drug test my 7 year old son?
Are you suggesting he wouldn't pass?

Obviously, there are finer points to be made. Let's not distract from the real issue of lazy people abusing the system, which your son obviously is not.

Shaniqua Da'shawntwonerious Queeshamoneesha and her brood of 10 kids who stay home alone at night while she clubs it up is who I'm talking about.
Old 10-28-11, 09:43 AM   #42
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Are you suggesting he wouldn't pass?

Obviously, there are finer points to be made. Let's not distract from the real issue of lazy people abusing the system, which your son obviously is not.

Shaniqua Da'shawntwonerious Queeshamoneesha and her brood of 10 kids who stay home alone at night while she clubs it up is who I'm talking about.

nope, but it would be unreasonable search and seizure of a 7 year old, and who would make the decisions on who gets tested and not, you cant just request Shaniqua get tested and leave Carl out. That sounds kind of racist.
Old 10-28-11, 10:00 AM   #43
nofearengineer

Doc, it is not unreasonable search and seizure. Participation in these programs, regardless of how much they are needed, is completely voluntary.

If someone wants free money, they have to be willing to accept the house rules.

And if "Carl" is an adult, I don't care if he's argyle-colored. He gets tested like the rest.
Old 10-28-11, 11:07 AM   #44
doc

I have to disagree with you, my participation in the ssi program (for my son to receive benefits), is not voluntary, it is a necessity not particulary for the insignificant amount of money he receives monthly (not complaining, about the amount grateful for what he gets) but the benefits that come along with it make it a necessity. Have you ever tried getting health insurance for someone with a pre existing disability? His quarterly botox shots to keep the contracture(s) in check for example run about 1k a piece, he gets anywhere from 4 to 12, not counting anesthesia, or other hospital costs associated with, Physical therapy 3 times a week, OT 2 times a week. So in my case at least participation is not voluntary. I would much rather not deal with the government knowing how I spend all my money, what Items of value over 500 dollars I have in my house, or keeping me from excelling financially any further at work for fear of loosing benefits for my son.
I do agree that they should be held accountable for how they spend the monies, but like other things this could be a slippery slope and invasion of personal privacy. What about instead of drug testing them, audit them and make them prove how they are spending the monies. Like Social Security rides my ***. I have to account for every penny of the money my kid receives. (I assume this is because I am of the working class, and make a decent living.)
Old 10-28-11, 11:26 AM   #45
nofearengineer

Doc, you have my sympathy and respect for your situation. You know that. It has to be very rough sometimes.

But I am talking the definition of voluntary. They will not force the money or assistance on you if you don't want it or choose not to pursue it. Quite the contrary, they pretty much make you beg for it. It is certainly irritating to you, but I'm not sure that is a bad thing. Surely it weeds out at least a few potential candidates who don't actually need it. I'm sure if you think about it, you would agree your irritation is worth the help taking care of your son.

However, most, if not many people in this country have come to confuse need with "entitled to". They no longer feel the need to put forth any effort, nor bear any inconvenience, to receive the benefit of others' generosity. They feel entitled to it, and have no gratitude in their hearts. They feel free to demand it, and then question the manner in which it is provided (sorry, had to paraphrase Colonel Jessup ).
Old 10-28-11, 12:47 PM   #46
bassboogieman

Y'know this is not a "new issue" brought on by LBJ or even FDR. They may have exacerbated the problem but they certainly didn't create it. A quote from Benjamin Franklin from about 250 years ago acknowledge the issue and his thoughts on how to resolve it:
Quote:
I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin.
250 years and governments -especially ours - still haven't figured it out. 250 years - does a lot to foster the notion of entitlement. One point of the issue is the side of government that reaps some reward for continuing down this road (like LBJ & FDR). The liberals of the left, with their spin that they are "helping the less fortunate", are in effect paying off a large portion of thier constituants (with money taken from everyone able to contribute via taxation) to maintain that sector of voters to keep themselves in office, by championing the government assistance programs. It will not get better, which side is increasing in the area of voter registration? Look at the big cities - nationwide - where the issue of poverty has overrun (and bankrupted) many of them, who is in control there? Has poverty grown and those on the govenment dole increased with the current programs in place? I firmly believe and practice the concept that occasionally anyone may need a HAND UP to get back on their feet and become self sufficient once again. I detest the concept of a HANDOUT, it accomplishes nothing. Remember the old saying: Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day, teach a man to fish and he can feed himself and his family from then on? Why does our govenment NOT understand that concept? Could it be that a handout will get them a vote, and a hand up will not? Nah, couldn't possibly be.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 10-28-11 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-28-11, 01:36 PM   #47
joedog

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day, teach a man to fish and he can feed himself and his family from then on? Why does our govenment NOT understand that concept? Could it be that a handout will get them a vote, and a hand up will not? Nah, couldn't possibly be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by bassboogieman; Today at 12:21 PM.

Like I've been saying, TEACH THEM TO FISH!
Old 10-28-11, 02:03 PM   #48
bassboogieman

Quote:
Like I've been saying, TEACH THEM TO FISH!
My appologies - I didn't see that you already put that one forth.........
But I totally agree.
Old 10-28-11, 11:08 PM   #49
joedog

No apologies needed, I was just agreeing with you, thats all. Plus you say it much better than I.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.