Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-11, 07:48 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default It's about time. Let's take this nation wide Mr. President!!!

THANK YOU FLORIDA!!! Florida is the first state that will require drug testing when applying for welfare, effective July 1st. Some people are crying this is unconstitutional. How is this unconstitutional? It's OK to drug test those of us that work for our money and contribute to the welfare tax dollar fund but not those who don't?
Old 08-05-11, 10:12 AM   #2
nofearengineer

Just think of all the drug testing jobs this will create.

Seriously, the current administration (I can't even force myself to say his name any more) feels like it can lecture the states on what is constitutional, but then refuse to enforce its own laws; i.e. immigration laws, DOMA.

The president was not elected king. He took an oath to obey the Constitution and uphold the Law of the Land, not just the parts he likes.

He hides behind "prosecutorial discretion," as if he is a district attorney. This is not the case. I'm sure you have all heard the President referred to as the "top cop". To wit, the president is a law enforcement officer, not an attorney. And the Attorney General serves at the pleasure of the Predidency; i.e. the AG is NOT part of the judicial branch of the government. The AG is an agent of the executive branch. Even his "prosecutorial discretion," since he is an attorney, begins and ends at assisting the President in fulfilling his role as a law enforcement officer. The AG was never meant to be, nor should he be allowed to be an advocate!

I have a solution though, since this administration can refuse to enforce federal laws, I want the states to refuse to enforce all federal laws. He set the precedent.

Let's see what happens then.

It's starting to feel a lot like 1858 to me.

Last edited by nofearengineer; 08-05-11 at 10:24 AM.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 12:50 AM   #3
bamabassman

glad to see it happen too keith. now if only other states will follow.

and bryce......are we talking about susession? ( i know, spelling sucks, sure me, lol) or revolution? fine line ther pal. big brother is watching us too now. but i am with ya bro......got fresh ammo too. lol.
Old 08-06-11, 04:47 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Not secession, John...nullification.

The feds have no leg to stand on if they say the states can't refuse to enforce federal law when they themselves refuse to.
Old 08-06-11, 09:12 PM   #5
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yes its a good law only problem i have it something we have to pay for.
Old 08-06-11, 10:05 PM   #6
bassboogieman

Just so's I don't have to take a whiz to get my Social Security check. I worked the last 15 years of my career in a position with a ZERO tolerance drug/alcohol policy and random testing (average 3 times each year). A positive test was cause for immediate termination. I have a lot of time to make up for, for being "good".
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 03:24 AM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Boogie, I think you earned and have the right to do as you please now. It's not illegal until you get caught.
Old 08-07-11, 09:50 AM   #8
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Before I start: No Hard Feelings! But it strikes me as strange that the folks who are all for drug testing are (Mostly) the folks who want smaller government. The laws that get enforced are the ones that fit their agenda. It would be nice to see people granting the same rights to others that they, themselves take for granted. DOMA, immigration laws etc. The founding fathers said that all men are created equal not just all Americans.
If some laws are enforced then ALL laws should be enforced. Industrial pollution comes right to mind. How many of you fished in the Cuyohoga river in the 60's?
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 10:20 AM   #9
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tiger View Post
Before I start: No Hard Feelings! But it strikes me as strange that the folks who are all for drug testing are (Mostly) the folks who want smaller government. The laws that get enforced are the ones that fit their agenda. It would be nice to see people granting the same rights to others that they, themselves take for granted. DOMA, immigration laws etc. The founding fathers said that all men are created equal not just all Americans.
If some laws are enforced then ALL laws should be enforced. Industrial pollution comes right to mind. How many of you fished in the Cuyohoga river in the 60's?
I agree Tiger. Everyone should be treated equally. For me it's all about accountability. I've known many people within my own families past who basically lived off welfare. And much of that money went to buy smokes, booze, and in some cases drugs, while their children lived in squaller. Thats not what I want my tax money to be used for and it shouldn't be. And as for imigration, I'm all for it so long as the immigrant obtains permission to enter and stay legally. What I won't accept is folks taking advantage of the systems we have in place for their own purposes without concern for the others living here.
Old 08-07-11, 11:40 AM   #10
Bassboss

I think I definitely agree with keith in that last post.. that does happen all to often. But for example. Say a single mom with 5 kids DID smoke pot last month, and goes to apply for welfare. She gets a drug test, test positive, and gets declined. If their was no drug test she would have got the welfare money. Perhaps that money would have been spent 40% pot, 60% things for her kids like food and cloths. Yes, she would have spent our tax dollars on drugs. But she still bought things for her kids they needed... Wouldn't that better then having NO money spent on the kids? Should the children suffer for their mom's mistakes?
Old 08-07-11, 02:23 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Sammy, you forgot to add "Should the rest of us pay for the Mom's mistakes?"

Of course I'm for equal treatment...my whole belief system is based upon that concept.

They should have to work, just like I do. They should have to restrain their animalistic breeding urges, just like I do. They should have to make informed decisions, like I do. If we're equal like you say.
Old 08-07-11, 02:29 PM   #12
bassboogieman

Quote:
They should have to restrain their animalistic breeding urges, just like I do.
Did you finally go and get neutered, Bryce?

Quote:
If we're equal like you say.
You have no equals, Bryce your are eunuch, at least since you got neutered.

Good thing we're pals, you might want to kick my butt, next time we meet.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 05:47 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

I love it! I have said for a long time that you should pass a drug test to take money that people had to take a drug test to earn.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 11:10 PM   #14
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
I love it! I have said for a long time that you should pass a drug test to take money that people had to take a drug test to earn.
Exactly, the reciever of the money should be just as clean as the provider. Held to the same standards.
Old 08-12-11, 11:40 AM   #15
Old Hooker
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The way I figure it is like this. You got money for your dope, then you sure as hell don't need any of mine.
Old 08-12-11, 09:07 PM   #16
bamabassman

well said old hooker. well said man.
Old 10-25-11, 09:36 PM   #17
TN_Bassin

http://home.myhughesnet.com/news/rea...org%3E&ps=1011

Looks like we'll have to wait... here come the Constitution Police.
Old 10-25-11, 09:55 PM   #18
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Bassin View Post

Founding Fathers put them there for a reason. They rarely abuse there power unless I'm mistakin.
Old 10-25-11, 09:58 PM   #19
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Bassin View Post

What a bunch of total BS!!!!!!!!!!!! Liberal piece of #*I& judge!
Old 10-25-11, 10:03 PM   #20
TN_Bassin

The way I see it is if you want a check from the government, you should be held to the same standard as the others getting checks from the government.

Do I have a problem with somebody smoking pot?... No, but if you want my money to go buy it, then I do have a problem.
Old 10-25-11, 10:14 PM   #21
joedog

This one I really wanted to stay away from but....Do you folks really believe that if someone would spend thier kids money on drugs and now they can't, that money wont now just be spent on alcohol and our money then also spent on keeping them alive after thier bodies give out do to alcohol abuse. A buzz is a buzz right? I don't use period! But I also believe in un-financed freedom of choice. The problem isn't as simple as MONEY. And NO I do not have the answer and Yes I should have kept my thoughts to myself.

My only idea is we teach them to FISH. You all know the story.... You can feed a person once or you can teach them to FISH and they can fend for themselves forever. (something like that)
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-11, 10:19 PM   #22
Tavery5

momma says dat the mariwana is da devil!
Old 10-25-11, 10:26 PM   #23
TN_Bassin

I think everyone here who has thought about it has already considered "the other shoe" as it were. Do I think that there are more people buying booze than drugs already??? You bet, but prohibition didn't work and current drug statutes are making Mexico a hell of a place to visit. Is it too much to ask that if you're taking handouts from the government that you use it on more important things other than booze and drugs?

The only way I see to eliminate the booze problem also, would be to issue an ID of sorts to people that are on welfare and make it unlawful to sell or aide in their buying or consuming of alcohol... But IMO this type of law would stray into that violation of rights.

Joe I don't dissagree with you... there isn't a perfect solution.
Old 10-25-11, 11:00 PM   #24
nofearengineer

There is also the option nobody (except me ) wants to talk about...ending welfare altogether.

I think almost 50 years of the Great Society has proven that the only things blind charity and excessive generosity produce are more outstretched hands.

I find it insulting (and ironic) that requiring drug testing to receive tax dollars as a handout is apparently a violation of the 4th Amendment's "unreasonable search and seizure" clause, while actually seizing the money from us in the first place isn't.
Old 10-25-11, 11:06 PM   #25
TN_Bassin

Lol Bryce I assume you are talking about taxes in general right? Or do you mean the welfare recipients taking the monsy?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.