Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-11, 12:28 AM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Hey 'bamabassman

John, it's time to remodel the bathroom or is this from YOUR bathroom?

Perfect for when you need to drop the Crimson Turd...............
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 02:25 AM   #2
nobass

man that's got to bring a tear to john's glass eye
Old 10-26-11, 08:01 AM   #3
bassboogieman

Can't forget...............

bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 08:51 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! yeah brucie........i've seen this alot over the years. and the paper roll too. but it's all good. i love it when folkks are jelous of us. means we are winning............again. lmbo!!! we are the team folks LOVE to hate. and we love it that way.

ROLL TIDE!!!! number 14 on the way........hopefully. haha!!
Old 10-26-11, 11:06 PM   #5
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! yeah brucie........i've seen this alot over the years. and the paper roll too. but it's all good. i love it when folkks are jelous of us. means we are winning............again. lmbo!!! we are the team folks LOVE to hate. and we love it that way.

ROLL TIDE!!!! number 14 on the way........hopefully. haha!!
Alabama is one of the best football schools in the history of college football, but I hope you aren't counting the 1941, 1964 or 1973 seasons in your current claim to 13 national titles...would be interested to see what 13 seasons you are counting as championships.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-11, 07:57 PM   #6
bamabassman

lol, dean.....THAT debate has been going on since 1925. i PERSONALLY only claim what the university claims, as MOST of the media says on the airwaves as well. 64 was a split championship if i recall correctly. 73 was too i think. 41? can't remember that far back, hehehe.
Old 10-27-11, 09:54 PM   #7
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
lol, dean.....THAT debate has been going on since 1925. i PERSONALLY only claim what the university claims, as MOST of the media says on the airwaves as well. 64 was a split championship if i recall correctly. 73 was too i think. 41? can't remember that far back, hehehe.
OK, fair enough, although I think most non-biased observers would rule out those years based on the following. . .

National champions and selectors of same according to this source:

Alabama: Houlgate
Minnesota: AP, Billingsley, Boand, DeVold, Dunkel, Football Research, Helms, Litkenhous, National Championship Foundation, Poling, Sagarin, Sagarin (ELO-Chess)
Texas: Berryman, Williamson

Alabama: AP, Berryman, Litkenhous, UPI
Arkansas: Billingsley, Football Research, FW, Helms, Na tional Championship Foundation, Poling, Sagarin, Sagarin (ELO-Chess)
Michigan: Dunkel
Notre Dame: DeVold, FB News, NFF

Alabama: Berryman, UPI
Michigan: National Championship Foundation*, Poling*
Notre Dame: AP, Billingsley, FB News, FW, Helms, National Championship Foundation*, NFF
Ohio St.: FACT, National Championship Foundation*, Poling*, Sagarin (ELO-Chess)
Oklahoma: DeVold, Dunkel, Football Research, Sagarin

* indicates selectors that chose multiple schools

---------

The rest of this is taken from various sources with my opinions sprinkled in.

The 1941 Alabama team finished the regular season 8-2-0, 3rd in the SEC. After losing to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, Alabama finished the regular season ranked #20 in the AP Poll. Alabama was (somehow) one of 10 teams chosen for post-season competition and beat Texas A&M in the January 1, 1942 Cotton Bowl Classic, 29-21. They were selected national champions by the Houlgate Poll. This seems weak to me. Minnesota was 8-0 in both 1940 and 1941, and they had an 18 game winning streak spanning 1939 to 1942. If they weren't the obvious national champs that year, then Texas (8-1-1) was still a better choice than Alabama.

The 1964 Alabama team ended the regular season 10-0-0, winning the SEC championship. Alabama then L-O-S-T to Texas in the January 1, 1965 Orange Bowl, 21-17. The only reason they were named champions in the AP and UPI polls that year was because the final polls for them were done before the bowl games. No way should that season count as a national championship for Alabama in my opinion. You can't lose your bowl game and win a national championship.

The same thing happened in 1973. Alabama completed the regular season 11-0-0, winning the SEC championship. Then they proceeded to L-O-S-E to Notre Dame in the December 31, 1973 Sugar Bowl, 24-23. The only reason they were #1 in the UPI poll was because it was finalized prior to the bowl game. Notre Dame was 11-0-0 that year after beating Bama in the bowl game and even if you want to argue they weren't the national champ that year, there is certainly no way the Tide can rightfully lay claim to it.

Just my opinions.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 07:56 PM   #8
bamabassman

welll now dean.......we can SAY you can't lose a championships AFTER a bowl game all we want. BUT the fact IS this is how it was done in those days. so YES we lay claim to those years buddy. one day ........there WILL be a playoff system. RIGHT OR WRONG. it IS gonna happen. then folkks will debate THAT forever as well. i don't get into those debates as i haven't got the smarts to argue and make a good debate. i do know that when we played notre dame one year in the 70's we were robbed a touchdown. the player caught the ball in the back of the endzone but was ruled out of the endzone. replays CLEARLY showed he was in. but there was no review from the booth then, so we lost the game. i ain't crying over it, just one play i remember very vividly.

everyone has there opions and i have mine. i just like to have fun with the game.

ROLL TIDE!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.