Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-11, 08:35 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default just wanted to tell ya'll this...........again.

i just wanted to say how much i love this site once agian. i know i get kinda mushy in some of ya'lls eye, but it's only the truth. i'll say it again and as many times as i want to.

YOU FOLKS ARE THE GREATEST!!!

after our "invasion" of mississippi and the pms and the get togethers we have attended, i can't say enough about how GOOD each and every one of you are. give yourself a pat on the back. nod oyur head in approval, or whatever you do in agreement. say what you want o here or to oyurself if oyu fell uncomfortable about posting it. i ain't skeered to write it down. i'll shout it out in public too. lol!

we have some little bickering and do a lot of teasing, but i think everyone here will agree with me when i say this.......if one of us is in dire need of ANYTHING and a member is close and is available, that member would be there ias fast as they could to help out.

so there, i said it again. now oyu can wipe away the tears, drink someting to get that lump outta your throat. and let's have a good time as always.

oh yeah...........ROLLL TIDE!! hahaha, had ot put that in there ya know. hehehe.
Old 11-04-11, 09:15 PM   #2
Bassboss

X2 to that pal!! I'm a member of a couple others, but none or good as this un. Seems like we're all cousins, brothers, sister(s?) gramps, and grama(s?) (who pronounced the "d" anyway? lol)

Glad to be a part of this family for sure! Yall have all ways been here when stuff got rough for us over here, don't think you'd get that kinda genuine concern and encouragement from any other place on the web!
Old 11-04-11, 11:46 PM   #3
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I am new to this site but despite the normal bickering I do get a sense of "fellowship" here but I wouldn't expect anything less. Fishermen are percieved as friendly and helpful and all that by the non-fishing world as well. Case in point>>> Many years ago a buddy of mine and I had planned to meet at a particular 7-11 on the "rough" side of town before daylight to go fishing. When I pulled up in the parking lot in my old truck looking kinda scruffy and hungover, the young girl getting ready to open the store looked up from her till with a scared-almost panicked look on her face that she was about to be robbed or worse. I pulled up just a little bit more so she could easily see that I was pulling a boat...grinned real big and waived. Immediately she relaxed, the color came back in her face and I could see her smiling a little as she continued to get ready for the day. I'm sure there might be some mean and hateful fisherman out there somewhere, but as a group the general public sees us as non-threatening even comical and certainly not dangerous...lets endeavor to keep it that way.

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 11-05-11 at 12:41 AM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 07:52 AM   #4
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bassboss, forgot me, grandson! I am newer than kenneth but I too have stated my love of this site in more than one post. In fact got one going now that plays right into this post.
I live in a river town that dosn't fish. Fact, only two baitshops and are run by non-fishing owners. One told me he hasn't fished for 20yrs. The community spends more effort and time telling people where they can't fish as opposed to where you can. Had a lagoon dedicated to youngsters, 14 and under well posted. When I first got to town while looking for spots to fish I came accross this lagoon and the banks were full of adults, panfish spawn was on. So because of my beliefs on kids and fishing I made a call to the local police and ask questions and why so many adults were there and no kids what so ever. The local finest went down to lagoon and asked the folks to move,the river is directly acrosse the road. The next day, the city took down the signs and now there are almost never a kid there. All these adults had to do before sign removal, was have a kid with them when they fished the lagoon. Pretty much explains the cities mind set dosn't it.
Nough said, if I hadn't found this site I probably would be moving elsewhere. You folks help me keep whats left of my sanity. Imagine going day after day with no fishing folks to converse with. This city is flat out insane!
I again wish to thank each and everyone of you for all the fantastic insight and when your forced to buy everything off internet, the fantastic product reviews are extremely helpful! Good fishing to all my new found FRIENDS!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 11:23 AM   #5
keithdog

John, I couldn't agree with you more, and brother, sappy is fine by me. haha I get all emotional to buddy. I've been with this site for 5 years now and I have loved every minute of it. I bet Kevin never expected the outcome when he started this site. It's like one big happy family. And yes, we do get into arguments, but that happens in every family. We still stick by one another regardless. The get together in AL this past May was the first one I had been able to attend. I can honestly say I felt like I'd known all those who were there my whole life. We're a close knit buch here and I'm proud to be a part of it.
Old 11-06-11, 11:36 AM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

As far as the people go, this is by far the best fishing forum on the web. That's why I stay here.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.