Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-11, 12:13 PM   #1
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Bassmaster Classic 2012

http://www.bassmaster.com/classic
Shreveport, LA, February 24-26, 2012.
Who else is planning on going? If everything works out, I'll be there, maybe with Louann and Caitlyn as well. We went to the Classic in Birmingham two years ago and had a blast. We met up with John and Lisa, as well as Bubba, Felicia, and their kids. We skipped the blastoff and weigh-ins, but I think I may want to go to them this time.
It's about a 4 hour one-way trip for us, so we'll spend at least one night in a hotel, maybe 2 nights.
Old 11-08-11, 02:33 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

We booked our rooms back in August. My dad, my cousin, my cousins wife, Britney, and I went in 09 when it was in Shreveport and it was awesome so we all are heading back down this year. In 09 we went to the take off on day 1 and it was awesome. Every angler except Rick Clunn all went the same direction from the take off so on day two we drove on down the river a ways and found a marina where we could see the boats come flying by us, this was a great experience as well because a few of the anglers started fishing around the marina so we go to watch them and I also got to help hold Steve Kennedys boat while he fueled up. After that we drove on down to the lock and got to see the anglers come flying out of the lock when it opened up and turned them loose, another great experience. On day 3 we slept in because we were sleep deprived and had a long drive home that night, but we went to the expo that afternoon and it was really cool. We went to the weigh-ins all three days. I think our trip this time will be a lot like it was in 09 as far as what we will do each day.

Maybe we all will run into each other down there. One thing you should all know though is that rooms were getting hard to come by back in August so if you haven't booked them yet you probably should get on it.
Old 11-08-11, 04:08 PM   #3
3dkicker

I'm thinking about a boycott. Tired of the hype of catching spawning fish in Feb in the south and breaking all the records....

But I would love to go for the tackle and gear and everything else that goes on while the guys are fishing.
Old 11-08-11, 07:04 PM   #4
keithdog

If I win the lotto, count me in.
Old 11-08-11, 09:05 PM   #5
bamabassman

No can do for me bub. Lisa's birthdya is the 24th. Doubt if she will want to spend it looking at fishing stuff for me. And she says she outfishes me with what she has.......which she does but we all knew that.
Old 11-09-11, 11:11 PM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Still haven't got a room, but have strong plans for it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.