Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 04-16-06, 07:26 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default An Idea

They use swim baits in alot of places and catch some big fish. Has anyone used the Storm wildshiner series as a swim bait and had any success. I was sitting on the throne and got the idea of rigging like a jerkbait and fishing it similar to the jerkbait. Whats ya'lls opinion on it?????
Old 04-16-06, 08:55 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ya have a pc in the bafroom? wow
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 04:37 PM   #3
pig n jig

Laser, I hate the swimbaits.They snag on the bottom all of the time, but I have caught a few fish on them.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-06, 05:43 PM   #4
bassnman30

Yes, they hang up alot. I guess thats why they sell 5 to a pack. Have had great success on the Storm Swim Baits. Best success (for me) has been when the fish are deep. (10'-20')
Old 04-17-06, 10:15 PM   #5
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

now i am totally impressed.....sitting on a throne....you must be royalty....or just full of ...........hehehehehehehe......those swimbaits i haven't tried...but i have seen them catch alot of fish in deeper waters with em.....(kiss kiss....).....
Old 04-18-06, 06:20 AM   #6
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintxlady
now i am totally impressed.....sitting on a throne....you must be royalty....or just full of ...........hehehehehehehe......those swimbaits i haven't tried...but i have seen them catch alot of fish in deeper waters with em.....(kiss kiss....).....
Actually both lady LOL
Old 04-18-06, 07:54 AM   #7
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

1Fast..if you're thinking of using those swim baits for your River tournament in which you need to pull big girls, I'd stay away from them in the river. Swim baits, even the smaller ones from storm, are best used in clear lakes IMO. We use them in Wisconsin on the clear Southeastern lakes that have invaded by zebra mussels, making the water crystal. Otherwise, when I fish the rivers here I never use them. Snag up in about 2 seconds.
Old 04-18-06, 07:58 AM   #8
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIbassfisherman
1Fast..if you're thinking of using those swim baits for your River tournament in which you need to pull big girls, I'd stay away from them in the river. Swim baits, even the smaller ones from storm, are best used in clear lakes IMO. We use them in Wisconsin on the clear Southeastern lakes that have invaded by zebra mussels, making the water crystal. Otherwise, when I fish the rivers here I never use them. Snag up in about 2 seconds.
No actually I was contemplating using them in the local lakes around here. My thought was Why Not?? Haven't tried them but the idea of using a realistic lure for finicky bass in semi clear water did get me 2 thinking. There are 2 lakes that I had in mind for these baits. They are both in the Arkansas big bass program. They both give up some healthy bass on a regular basis. 10lb plus bass are not uncommon. I had thought about giving them a try after they get into there summer mode.
Old 04-18-06, 02:54 PM   #9
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

By all means, then, laser! I'm sure those lunkers would eat a larger swimbait. The whole "expending least amount of energy for a bigger energy rich meal" concept. Semi-clear water helps too!

Awesome when the light goes on and you can't wait to try a theory isn't it?
Old 04-18-06, 03:52 PM   #10
HulaPopr

Swimbaits snag way too easily for my likings...
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-06, 07:08 PM   #11
lizardsrule

Since we're talking about ideas here LOL. Anyone come up with a good weed guard that could be added to a swim bait? I was thinking about a jighead type head with weedguard, then add the swimbait. Any thoughts on this?

Lizards
Old 04-18-06, 07:19 PM   #12
JB

I was wondering that a few days ago too. Why not use a jig style brush guard, or the wire type that clips over the hook, or even why not rig it texas style with a heavy pegged bullet sinker
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-06, 07:48 PM   #13
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
I was wondering that a few days ago too. Why not use a jig style brush guard, or the wire type that clips over the hook, or even why not rig it texas style with a heavy pegged bullet sinker
All of the ones I have come pre-rigged with the hooks already in them, I will take a look at the ones I have when I get back to FL Perhaps I can replace the exisiting hook with a jighead with brush guard? By the way JB any chance you got an extra rod and reel and want to go fishing for a few hours Saturday morning

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.