Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-05, 10:35 PM   #1
Rattler
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to Rattler
Default Old dog, New tricks

Good evening Gentlemen, I'm one of the new guys on the lake. I could say that I have been Bass Fishin all my life, but I have come to the realization that I just get in a boat and put on a show, so to speak, of fishin. There are a lot of things I don't know about the sport and am hoping some of you can help me become a "Bass Fisherman". I live in west Tn. Do most of my casting on Kentucky Lake and surrounding Bodies of water. The biggest problem I have is what to use, when to use it, and WHERE. I have a tackle box full of lures and bait, but not very knowledgable on how, when, and where. To start, I guess I need help with fishin in this hot a&& weather. Sorry for the long intro. Thanks for your help.
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 11:31 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
I have come to the realization that I just get in a boat and put on a show, so to speak, of fishin.

Welcome to the forum, Rattler, and we all do that from time to time !

This time of year the fish will usually be one of two places-deep in cover, or in deep water. Most guys fish the cover. It is easier to fish than deep water. Early and late or in cloudy conditions I start shallow-weightless soft plastics, buzzbaits, topwaters and spinnerbaits in and around cover. When the sun gets up I try to back off into deeper water. If you have weeds in the lakes you fish, try to find the weedlines where they stop growing and fish the edge, or find a dropoff close to the cover. These I work with a Carolina rig, a double tailed grub, or a jig-n-pig. Probably the toughest part is fnding the fish. that is where good electronics and a topo map come in handy, although I still have a loooong way to go inderstanding my electronics.

Here is a site with a lot of great info:

http://www.bassdozer.com/articles.shtml

Old 07-23-05, 11:40 PM   #3
Rattler
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks, Reb. I just checked out the home page of that site and it looks great. guess I will be spending a lot of time in school there.
Old 07-23-05, 11:42 PM   #4
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Glad to help. I'm always learning something reading those articles.
Old 07-24-05, 10:12 AM   #5
Mac1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

www.extremebasslures.com is another good site for learning......once you get the home page up on your computer, check out the article archives in the left hand column. Nicely written articles!!! Good fishing, Mac
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-05, 07:14 PM   #6
Rattler
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks Mac, Goin to check it out tonight. Probably try quite a few of these tips this weekend @ Kentucky Lake. Good fishin guys.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.