Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-10, 02:50 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Aqua Superstore

Someone had posted that they have Abu Garcia Vendetta's for sale for $50.99 each ($56.99 for over 7'). I found out today they have a whole bunch of fishing stuff at good prices, not just the Vendettas.

http://www.aquasuperstore.com/Search...ategoryID=4320

BB
Old 02-22-10, 07:38 PM   #2
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Really really good prices from just about every rod/reel company out there. I especially like the prices on the Revo's they have. Although I did notice that the Revo's they have are last years stock even if the pictures depict them to be the 2010 versions. Still though, they have a real nice table laid out to anyone looking to find some new gear at lower prices.

Last edited by TN_Bassin; 02-22-10 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Horrible typing
TN_Bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 08:04 PM   #3
BigBassin144

Has anyone ordered from them yet? Are they reliable? With that much stock, I'd imagine they wouldn't be cheating anybody, but you never know.

BB
Old 02-22-10, 09:21 PM   #4
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Has anyone ordered from them yet? Are they reliable? With that much stock, I'd imagine they wouldn't be cheating anybody, but you never know.

BB

I ordered a Vendetta rod from them, everything was very smooth, and they kept me well informed about shipping with a tracking number. Overall I would give the whole experience a big thumbs up. Oh and I did order the 7.0 foot rod and it come to like 65 dollars with 14.95 of that for shipping.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 09:11 AM   #5
Bassboss

I saw the same thing BigB, looks great, great prices, great products! I'll have to order my next combo from there if I have enough money.

~~~~~~

Hey looky what they have! http://www.aquasuperstore.com/produc...eel~62760.html
Old 02-23-10, 09:32 AM   #6
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
I ordered a Vendetta rod from them, everything was very smooth, and they kept me well informed about shipping with a tracking number. Overall I would give the whole experience a big thumbs up. Oh and I did order the 7.0 foot rod and it come to like 65 dollars with 14.95 of that for shipping.
Thanks, I planning on ordering a vendetta, and I'm glad to hear someone has had a good experience with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
I saw the same thing BigB, looks great, great prices, great products! I'll have to order my next combo from there if I have enough money.

~~~~~~

Hey looky what they have! http://www.aquasuperstore.com/produc...eel~62760.html
Bassboss, I don't know if you're still in the market for a spinning rod, but they have the Abu Vengeance rods for like $31.

I saw the 50th, but it's still more than I can afford, lol.

BB
Old 02-23-10, 11:12 AM   #7
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:

15 bucks is cheap shipping for a 7 foot rod. Sounds like you had a great experience with them.
Good to know
Old 02-23-10, 11:35 AM   #8
BigBassin144

Free shipping from TW. But $50 (or $56) + $15 S&H = $65 (or $71). Still saves you enough to buy a couple lures or a spool of line over the TW price ($80, and $90 for the longer ones).

BB
Old 02-23-10, 12:09 PM   #9
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Yeah they got some sweet deals.
Thanks for the link.
Old 02-23-10, 12:35 PM   #10
WaffleJaw

Wow,those are some good deals!!..Add to favorites...I think so!
Old 02-23-10, 01:53 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Also, Aqua Superstore sort of combines shipping. Yes, it's $15 for the first rod, but if you buy more than one, it's not $30. Total S&H on my two rods turned out to be around $21. You can't beat that.
Old 02-23-10, 02:05 PM   #12
basstastic
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm getting ready to buy three new rods. This is one of the rods in my final cut. I hope i'm not high jacking this post but has anyone actually used this rod for cranking, buzzbaits, or throwing a spinnerbait? The reason i ask is the only negative comments i can find on the rod is that it has no tip. Every one says they have incredible backbone but no action. What do you guys think?

P.S. The other rods in the final cut are All-Star ASR, Falcon Bucoo/Low-rider, or more Mojo Bass rods.
basstastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 03:42 PM   #13
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I made a order last week for a Daiwa Exceler and a Abu Vengeance rod for about $100 shipped to my door! I think I might wait and see if they get the 2010 Revo's soon
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 03:47 PM   #14
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac View Post
I made a order last week for a Daiwa Exceler and a Abu Vengeance rod for about $100 shipped to my door! I think I might wait and see if they get the 2010 Revo's soon
Ah, so I see you went ahead and got the Exceler, Hope you like it!
Old 02-23-10, 04:16 PM   #15
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstastic View Post
I'm getting ready to buy three new rods. This is one of the rods in my final cut. I hope i'm not high jacking this post but has anyone actually used this rod for cranking, buzzbaits, or throwing a spinnerbait? The reason i ask is the only negative comments i can find on the rod is that it has no tip. Every one says they have incredible backbone but no action. What do you guys think?

P.S. The other rods in the final cut are All-Star ASR, Falcon Bucoo/Low-rider, or more Mojo Bass rods.
I think it would help if you let us know which one you where thinking about getting.

BB
Old 02-23-10, 07:57 PM   #16
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstastic View Post

I'm not sure,but I think your talking about the Vendetta. If so, I would say that they are a little stiffer than most other rods, I have two, if I done it again, I would probably order 1 stiffness lighter than what I actually wanted.
My 2 cents.
Old 02-23-10, 08:53 PM   #17
BigBassin144

Quote:
I'm not sure,but I think your talking about the Vendetta. If so, I would say that they are a little stiffer than most other rods, I have two, if I done it again, I would probably order 1 stiffness lighter than what I actually wanted.
My 2 cents.
I figured he was talking Vendetta, just wanted to know which model.

BB
Old 02-23-10, 10:36 PM   #18
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac View Post

I picked up an Exceler casting reel a while back on sale, nice reel for the money.
Old 02-24-10, 12:11 AM   #19
basstastic
BassFishin.Com Member

Sorry for not being clear BB. It was really between bucoo and vendetta. The BuCoo is said to be too much action and the Vendetta is said to be a little stiff. In the end i went with the Vendetta. I fish jigs alot and cranks alot. I went with the Vendetta because i rather have a little too much backbone over not having enough.
basstastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 01:50 PM   #20
nofearengineer

I can not believe this place. They are GREAT! I ordered my two Vendettas on Tuesday, had them shipped the regular method, and they got here this morning. I was a bit worried as I didn't get a shipping tracking number, but I guess when it's on your doorstep in less than 96 hours, who the heck needs one?

By the way, these Vendettas seem very nice. I had never even touched one before, but for $61 shipped each, I figured I'd take a chance. I'm a long-time Abu customer anyways, and haven't gotten a bum item yet.

They don't feel quite as nice as a Mojo Bass (very close though), but they are pretty swank looking, and at this price, a better bang for the buck (I've no idea where I could get a Mojo Bass retail for $60).

It's a shame I made that vow to not buy any more rods and reels.

At $60 each, a guy could build a total arsenal of technique-specific rods pretty inexpensively. I know I'm itching to use this 6'9" ML / Soron STX 10 combo for drop-shotting. I haven't used 6lb test line in a long time for anything but panfish, but I think it's time.
Old 02-27-10, 01:57 PM   #21
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I can not believe this place. They are GREAT! I ordered my two Vendettas on Tuesday, had them shipped the regular method, and they got here this morning. I was a bit worried as I didn't get a shipping tracking number, but I guess when it's on your doorstep in less than 96 hours, who the heck needs one?

By the way, these Vendettas seem very nice. I had never even touched one before, but for $61 shipped each, I figured I'd take a chance. I'm a long-time Abu customer anyways, and haven't gotten a bum item yet.

They don't feel quite as nice as a Mojo Bass (very close though), but they are pretty swank looking, and at this price, a better bang for the buck (I've no idea where I could get a Mojo Bass retail for $60).

It's a shame I made that vow to not buy any more rods and reels.

At $60 each, a guy could build a total arsenal of technique-specific rods pretty inexpensively. I know I'm itching to use this 6'9" ML / Soron STX 10 combo for drop-shotting. I haven't used 6lb test line in a long time for anything but panfish, but I think it's time.

LMAO! Yep, now who gets to cash in on those bets?
Old 02-27-10, 02:02 PM   #22
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
LMAO! Yep, now who gets to cash in on those bets?
Nobody!! I bought these before the vow!
Old 02-27-10, 02:05 PM   #23
MallenManson

Curses! Foiled again!
Old 02-27-10, 10:56 PM   #24
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Got my Vengeance rod and Daiwa Exceler last week. Super fast shipping! I WILL be ordering a lot more from them.

Awesome combo for under $100 BTW Full reveiw with pics after I fish it tomorrow
sac is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.