Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-11, 04:45 PM   #1
mike234
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Pro reels tune job on reels

I just received 4 reels I had sent to pro reel to super tune.

The first was a BPS RCX reel(purple) that I purchased on sale. It now is as smooth and casts as good as any Shimana Curado out of the box.

The second reel I sent to be tunned was a Daiwa Viento. It did not cast as good(far) as I felt it should for a reel of that price. Now it will throw a 3/8 crank across the lake and is really smooth with no drag on retrieve.

I also sent a CuradoE 200 and a E50 to be tunned. The E50 now will outcast my Core and I think is smoother that the Core. The 200E will cast and the retrieve is as smooth or smoother than the Zillion reels I have.

I was thinking of switching over to Daiwa reels after purchasing a Zillion R and a Steez Ultra Magnesium reels and dumping all my Shimano except the Calais and maybe the Cores. Pro Reel has saved me a ton of money for I think now I will keep fishing my Shimanos. I am still not out of the woods for I keep hearing the bait monkey saying Loomis, Cumara, and Crucial. I hope he gets laryngitis because I do not think I can hold out for long.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 01:17 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Glad to hear you were happy with Kevins work, he knows his stuff for sure. I have a ton of reels I need to send off to him once the weather gets too cold to fish.
Old 10-29-11, 01:36 PM   #3
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have been to Kevin's house on several occasions. I have seen his process for cleaning and tuning reels. Kevin does a fantastic job and only uses the very best products available to clean and lube your reels. Make no mistake you will be happy with his work.
Old 10-29-11, 06:56 PM   #4
mike234

He has tunned 12 to 15 reels for me(can not remember without counting) and each one has been great. I have more than that waiting on him to tune. He has taken a couple sub $100 reels and made them into Curados(casting and smoothness). A couple of guys in our surgery group had seen his work and will really keep him busy this winter.
Old 10-30-11, 06:50 PM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'd love to get few reels Super Tuned. Might send a reel to him this winter. Casting is a big deal to me, and more is always better!

What level super tune did ya get?
Old 10-30-11, 07:31 PM   #6
mike234

Tunned on some and super tunned on others. I just send him the reels and let him make the recommedations as what to do to each reel. Just explain to him want you want the reel to do, but I highly recommend the super tune. You will not believe what it will do for a reel.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.