Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-09, 01:48 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Kids+Plans-tooth = muffins

The big event in my house this weekend was the loss of my daughter's first tooth. She is 6. It was easier with the boys. When their teeth were loose I simply grabbed and pulled. With Emma, it was impossible to look into her eyes and do it, so we let it just fall out. It happened Saturday afternoon.

Now as far as the plans portion:

After she was asleep Saturday night, the tooth fairy made the required visit. Leaving the crisp dollar bill (first tooth gets more) under the pillow. I then proceeded to stage my gear for my planned Sunday morning fishing trip. I was up at 0500 to the first sound of the alarm. I quietly got dressed, sipped my coffee, and checked out the weather report. It was going to be a prefect morning with slight cloud cover and a high of 72 with a full moon still in the sky. I was just about to head out the door when I heard "Daddy! The tooth fairy left me money" I told her how great that was and attempted to put her back in bed. Attempted is the key word here. She was way to pumped up to go back to sleep. I let her climb into bed with Mom and made my way outside. As I was getting into the car, I noticed the blinds in her room shaking. I looked up to see her face pressed against the window with a now gapped smile. It only took a second for me to realize that fishing was not as important that morning.
I went back in the house and she ran to the door. "Daddy, Daddy, can we make muffins?"

My Sunday fishing ended up being me trying to find the muffin pans. She and I did cast a few top water lures into the pool for about 15 minutes while breakfast cooled.

It was a great morning!
Old 10-05-09, 02:11 PM   #2
WaffleJaw

Thats a really sweet story Cass....I award you Father of the year!
I got a 6 year old step daughter with a first loose tooth,as well.
I cant even bribe her with cinnamon rolls to look in her mouth and check it.
You never seen so many scared tears.
Oh the fun we have!
Old 10-05-09, 03:32 PM   #3
Fishnngolfn

Very very sweet, but couldn't you have taken her fishing with you?
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-09, 04:42 PM   #4
cassidyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
Very very sweet, but couldn't you have taken her fishing with you?

I tried to get her to go. She does not like the morning fishing because the busting bass scare her. I have tried to explain how it is music to my ears, but she wasn't having it.
Old 10-05-09, 06:27 PM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

haha! Great story cass! Kinda gives ya a warm fuzzy feeling don't it!
Old 10-05-09, 08:23 PM   #6
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
I tried to get her to go. She does not like the morning fishing because the busting bass scare her. I have tried to explain how it is music to my ears, but she wasn't having it.
Lol. My son is 2 right now and I plan on purchasing a lifejacket next year so I can take him in the jonboat. I hope he likes fishing like your daughter does.
Old 10-06-09, 11:47 AM   #7
66KingFisher

Its dang near impossible to walk away from those smiling faces and bright eyes lookin up atcha huh?....lol....I know all to well....that grandbaby of ours stops me from getting alot of work done with her smile and holding her arms out for me to pick her up....I can't resist her charms...lol....great story dude.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 05:33 PM   #8
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
Its dang near impossible to walk away from those smiling faces and bright eyes lookin up atcha huh?....lol....I know all to well....that grandbaby of ours stops me from getting alot of work done with her smile and holding her arms out for me to pick her up....I can't resist her charms...lol....great story dude.
You speak the truth man. My son looks up at me with his arms up and says "Hold you dada" and I can't help but drop what I'm doing and pick him up.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.