Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 09-17-09, 03:40 PM   #1
BoyoBoyle
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Campfire creations

Ok, Just read the leftover foods thread, and im pretty hungry and class isn't over for another half hour. I started to think about my favorite foods, and I realized almost all of them are some of my own campfire creations i do while camping with my friends. Most of this stuff is prepared for a group of people, ususally about 8 or 9 where everyone is drinking beers and just got done with a day of hiking/fishing/camping. So everyone is really hungry! and kinda drunk.

First meal = Breakfast for dinner - take a large crockpot over a fire and throw in one stick of butter. let it melt a bit before you throw in 3 1/2 pounds of ground beef and two dozen eggs. Let it cook for half an hour and serve how ever you want it... on a plate, on a burger bun, or on a tortilla. Feeds 7-10 easily. We usually throw in other vegatables too. Maybe some onions and peppers, and sometimes a pack of sliced mushrooms.

Appetizer/Finger Food = Everytime we go camping, my buddy makes about 3 dozen of these little toothpick sized things. He takes a bunch of jalepeno or banana pepper shells and hollows them out. Then fills the shells with cream cheese, then wraps a slice of bacon around it. He then sticks a toothpick through them. We cook them between two sheets of aluminum foil over the fire, and it works kinda like an oven, cook for about half an hour. These are so delicious, but is only a finger food.

Meal two = Six-Beer Sausage - Pretty simple, take 6 different kinds of beers and dump them into a crock pot. Dump about 24-30 hot sausages in with them, along with some onions and peppers. Cook for 4-6 hours. Put it on a roll and serve. Most tender sausage ever, i swear the sausage is easier to bite through than the bun.

Simple stuff, but tastes great! They have to cooked over a camp fire though!
BoyoBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 05:19 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

YUM!! That's sounds really good! The beer sausages sound really good to! And I'll have to try that egg and ground beef thing too, found great with some onion, garlic, garlic powder, and peppers! Sounds great in a tortilla!
Old 09-17-09, 05:33 PM   #3
Culln5
BassFishin.Com Active Member

We do something similar to your sausage meal....

- Boil the sausage in beer, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and jalapeno peppers until it's cooked through

- Drain the liquid into a large pan, add a couple pounds of cubed potatoes and bake for 1 hour on 350

- Cut the sausage into medalions and add it, chopped onion and chopped green pepper to the pan

- Cook for another 30 minutes

Eat on a long roll or right on the plate!
Old 09-17-09, 05:50 PM   #4
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My favorite campfire food is Trout.
Get some tin foil, bacon, lemon and whatever seasonings you like

wrap trout in few pieces of bacon, sprinkle some lemon then wrap it up in the tin foil and throw it in the fire, do some potatoes also.
Bout 30 min later you got some damn good campfire food.

MmMMMMM, I really miss trout. I havn't had any in years.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.