Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 11-04-10, 05:11 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Couple bass from last month

Three of the nine bass caught and weighed in last months tournament plus a little dinner .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anna2-015.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	5926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Anna2-067.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	5927  
Old 11-04-10, 06:48 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

nice fish man.....but....ummm......take off that ugly cap in the second pic ok? lol.
Old 11-05-10, 10:00 AM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Nice fish! I bet that one was tasty!

BB
Old 11-05-10, 02:43 PM   #4
3dkicker

Can't do that Bama. Joe Pa is the man!!! Plus it only cost me $5 so if I lose it it won't set me back that much.

Didn't do a great job with the fillet knife so I lost a little but what I did get was pretty good.
Old 11-06-10, 07:50 PM   #5
keithdog

Beautiful looking fish 3D. Joe Pa pulled another trick outta his hat again today against North Western!!! What a come back!!!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-10, 10:52 AM   #6
3dkicker

Thanks. It was a good tournament.

#400 for him and you have to remember that they wanted to get rid of him 10 years ago or 80+ wins ago. I would put him at top with Wooden in Best Coaches Ever category. Because it's not all about winning championships.
Old 11-07-10, 01:32 PM   #7
bamabassman

Hahahaha, yes smitty.........joe pa is one of the all time greatest coaches in the history of college football. He is in the elite class. But i still think he has passed his prime my friend. Not knocking him in ANY way whatsoever my frined but hasn't he only won 1 title? NOT saying that this is the mark of an elite coach. Just wonder if i am correct. I agree that it isn't ALL about winning championships either. There are LOTS of coaches that in my opion are in the ELITE class that have NEVER won a title. TO ME AND IN MY OPION ONLY, titles are truly not the mark of a great mentor. TEACHING CLASS, SPORTSMANSHIP AND FAIR PLAY are jsut some of the things make a mentor a great coach. If you go back and look at the bryant era, everyone said that they extended the required retirement age JUST so he could get the most wins. He was quoted as saying he retired because he couldn't recruit the players anymore because they (the kids) didn't want to play if he wasn't gonna coach them throughout their 4-5 yrs. So he retired. Again, i am not saying joe pa is doing the same thing as they said bryant was said to do. But looking at his talent, and his win-loss record over the past few years. He doesn't have staff to really make an impact on the ranking level. Penn State is not playing as good as their talent. Of course bama ain't either, lol. We proved that last night. But that is another story. Mad hatter got us. We lost because of OUR special teams coach i think. Nick will have ot remedy that come off season.

So i say to joe pa...................CONGRATS ARE IN ORDER JOE PATERNO! YOU DONE GOOD !
Old 11-08-10, 01:04 AM   #8
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Hahahaha, yes smitty.........joe pa is one of the all time greatest coaches in the history of college football. He is in the elite class. But i still think he has passed his prime my friend. Not knocking him in ANY way whatsoever my frined but hasn't he only won 1 title? NOT saying that this is the mark of an elite coach. Just wonder if i am correct. I agree that it isn't ALL about winning championships either. There are LOTS of coaches that in my opion are in the ELITE class that have NEVER won a title. TO ME AND IN MY OPION ONLY, titles are truly not the mark of a great mentor. TEACHING CLASS, SPORTSMANSHIP AND FAIR PLAY are jsut some of the things make a mentor a great coach. If you go back and look at the bryant era, everyone said that they extended the required retirement age JUST so he could get the most wins. He was quoted as saying he retired because he couldn't recruit the players anymore because they (the kids) didn't want to play if he wasn't gonna coach them throughout their 4-5 yrs. So he retired. Again, i am not saying joe pa is doing the same thing as they said bryant was said to do. But looking at his talent, and his win-loss record over the past few years. He doesn't have staff to really make an impact on the ranking level. Penn State is not playing as good as their talent. Of course bama ain't either, lol. We proved that last night. But that is another story. Mad hatter got us. We lost because of OUR special teams coach i think. Nick will have ot remedy that come off season.

So i say to joe pa...................CONGRATS ARE IN ORDER JOE PATERNO! YOU DONE GOOD !
From this site. . .

"Paterno has led Penn State to two national championships (1982 and 1986) and five undefeated, untied seasons (1968, 1969, 1973, 1986, and 1994). Four of his unbeaten teams (1968, 1969, 1973, and 1994) won major bowl games and were not awarded a national championship."

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 08:01 PM   #9
bamabassman

Than you watterboy, i stand corrected. 2 titles for joe pa.
Old 11-09-10, 06:29 PM   #10
3dkicker

And don't you forget it either!!!

So lets tack on the rest of what he's done (check out what's he's won in the past ten years)

Championships
2 National (1982, 1986)
3 Big Ten (1994, 2005, 2008)
Awards
5x AFCA COY (1968, 1978, 1982, 1986, 2005)
3x Walter Camp COY (1972, 1994, 2005)
3x Eddie Robinson COY (1978, 1982, 1986)
2x Bobby Dodd COY (1981, 2005)
Paul "Bear" Bryant Award (1986)
3x George Munger Award (1990, 1994, 2005)
Amos Alonzo Stagg Award (2002)
The Home Depot Coach of the Year Award (2005)
Sporting News College Football COY (2005)
SI Sportsman of the Year (1986)
3x Big Ten Coach of the Year (1994, 2005, 2008)
Records
Most Division I-A/FBS wins (400)
Most bowl wins (24)

And he was nominated in August for the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Old 11-09-10, 09:21 PM   #11
bamabassman

yes smitty..........he is an icon no doubt. i never did say he wasn't remember? i jsut htink ( my opion only which ain't much i know) is that with the talent at penn state, there should be more titles up at the top of that list.

coachs like joe pa, bryant,stagg, rockne, just to name a few are i think a thing of the past. i seriously doubt that we will ever see coaches that stay with one school and achieve the things these coaches did in their carreer. sad that it ihas become alot like pro sports, money oreinted now. loyalty and the desire to TEACH young mionds in the things these coaches teach and taught were what made their sport and their legacy what they are today. if oyu talk to a player would played under these men would tell you how much these men influenced them in their daily life AFTER sports. i hope that there will be more to add to the list of icons, i really do.
Old 11-10-10, 05:04 PM   #12
3dkicker

Just wanted to pile on a little

Looks like Auburn's run into a little trouble this week.....or are the reporters looking to take down an innocent man??????
Old 11-10-10, 09:06 PM   #13
bamabassman

i think they are trying to dig up an empty grave myself. someone, somewhere didn't get his cut. or thinks he didn't paid enough to start with. matters not, the kid is gonna play. then bolt for the pros after this season. if he did all the things they say.......he would've been caught at the 6th game of the year. just my opion.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.