Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-13, 10:00 PM   #1
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Smile Finally!

I finally have a good fishing report this year. The hubby and I have been out quite a few times but I have had the most rotten luck! Hubby has done well and I would be fishing with the exact same thing as him and couldn't get the fish to even look at my bait.

Today I turned the tables on him. We were on the water by 5:15 and he decided he needed to eat before we headed out of the launch area and told me to go ahead and troll us out and start fishing while he ate. First cast I had a nice 2 lber. on a shaky head with a chartreuse lizard. That was the first time I have ever caught one on my first cast of the day. I caught two more in that cove before we moved on.

At our second stop I caught another on a c-rig with a watermelon seed fluke. Then started dragging across a tree pile and hooked into a 4 lber. I do have a pic but can't figure out how to get it from my phone onto this blog!

By 1:00 p.m. we were roasting alive and decided it was time to head in. I ended up the day with 7 and the hubby only had 2 dinks. All of them were roly poly fat though. They have been eating good! I hated it for him because it really burns my britches when that happens to me, but sure was glad I was on the catching end this time.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-13, 11:19 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

So glad to see you had a good day on the water! I bet that 4 pounder felt fantastic! I get my pics from my phone to my posts by sending them to my email addy. Then I save the pic from my email addy to my photos on my hard drive. I then can post the photos from there.
Old 06-27-13, 11:54 PM   #3
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice going and congrats on having a good day! My wife outfished me 38-30 last weekend during 4 outings spread over 3 days.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-13, 12:10 AM   #4
Bassboss

And the first cast curse holds to no avail!!

Glad yall had a good trip out there. Try to take it easy on him too... he tried his best! lol
Old 06-28-13, 05:34 AM   #5
Bassin' Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
So glad to see you had a good day on the water! I bet that 4 pounder felt fantastic! I get my pics from my phone to my posts by sending them to my email addy. Then I save the pic from my email addy to my photos on my hard drive. I then can post the photos from there.
That 4 pounder felt like Moby Dick! I don't believe I have caught one this year that even weighed a pound.

I have tried sending it to my e-mail from my phone, but my phone uses my email to send and it won't send it to itself. At least I think that is the problem. I'm not techie enough to know for sure if that is the problem. I will keep trying and see if I can get it posted though.
Old 06-28-13, 06:01 AM   #6
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassin' Gal View Post
I finally have a good fishing report this year. . I ended up the day with 7 and the hubby only had 2 dinks.
That means you were 350% more successful than he was!!! I wouldn't feel too bad for him though, if your husband is like most of us he enjoys seeing you have a good day. I'd rather see Pam fight and land a good mess or a fat 4 lb'er than vice versa.............Congrats!
Old 06-28-13, 09:14 PM   #7
Bassin' Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
That means you were 350% more successful than he was!!! I wouldn't feel too bad for him though, if your husband is like most of us he enjoys seeing you have a good day. I'd rather see Pam fight and land a good mess or a fat 4 lb'er than vice versa.............Congrats!
You are 100% correct! He was thrilled I was finally having a great day!
Old 06-28-13, 11:47 PM   #8
bamabassman

hahaha, congrats paula!!!! now maybe I can catch something......naaa, i doubt it. lol!!
Old 06-29-13, 08:09 AM   #9
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hahaha, congrats paula!!!! now maybe I can catch something......naaa, i doubt it. lol!!
Take Lisa with you John, and up the odds!
Old 06-29-13, 08:39 PM   #10
Bassin' Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
I am sending you some special mojo! Go fishing and you are going to catch your biggest ever! I am NEVER wrong. Well hardly ever.
Old 08-07-13, 09:49 AM   #11
chevy5099

Good Job Bassin'Gal
You have to love those C-rigs. They work nice in deep water.
chevy5099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 08:39 PM   #12
bamabassman

dadburnit chevy////THAT'S the ONE TING i didn't try last saturday......noting that one in my head.
Old 08-08-13, 09:23 AM   #13
chevy5099

I have been using the swimjig more this year and doing good on it, better then the old spinnerbait. But when they sun comes out and the bass gets pushed back down near bottom I go back with those floating crawfish baits and rig it Tx rig. When its cloudy its like the bass are more off the bottom.
chevy5099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.