Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-13, 11:38 AM   #1
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Where's The Best Places To Retire?

As I'm sitting here on my comfy recliner, I can't help but notice the outdoor thermometer reads a chilling +6 degree F. Well it's got me thinking of warmer places to relocate, when I am able to finally retire. Obviously it's got to be somewhere much warmer than it is here, and it must be a place within a hour's drive of large body's of water, big enough to run a bass boat with a big motor, and within a short drive to a Wal-Mart too. lol

Originally I was looking at the town of Cookville Tennessee, located less than an hour south of Dale Hollow Lake and approximately 20 minutes from Center Hill Lake and also within a hour drive to Cordell Hull Lake. And being this far south you are able to fish year round which is a big plus. Cookville is also located along Interstate 40, so most of your major retailer have a brick and mortar locations: Super Wal-Mart and many auto parts stores, I ask you, what else does a man need! lol

Although, I also want to make mention that on days such as today, when the temps are in the single digits, the thought of retiring somewhere along the coast of Florida, fishing the salt water sounds even more appealing.

So, have you given any thought to where you would like to retire?

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.