Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 08-11-05, 07:26 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the fishing still hold good. The weather has cooled down a little. It has been bearable on the lake. The morning action still holds some top water action. Pop’R type baits like the yellow magic have been good starters. Work the bait with a little pop and let sit. Many strikes are coming on the sitting still. Small bandit crank baits are working in the shallow water where the grass is not to heavy. Work the bait on the outside of the mats with a stop and go retrieve. The Texas and Carolina rig has been HOT. 7 inch Lake Fork Tackle Twitch worms in watermelon & watermelon red have been good on either rig. Red bug and red shad have been good colors. Main lake points, road beds, and humps have been the best areas for the Texas and Carolina rigs. Look for bait in the deeper water and you should find the fish. I have fished shallow off and on all day and have caught fish. So don’t over look the shallow bite even during the middle of the day. Wave Tiki sticks, Zoom Flukes, Lake Fork Tackle Ring fries have been good weightless baits either fished straight or wacky. Work these baits over and around grass and standing timber. With the lake two foot low you wont have any trouble finding the stumps. The crank bait I mentioned above will work around these areas too.

The crappie are still small around the bridges with few keepers. Brush piles are the best bet for nice fish. Again now is the time to get your brush out for the McDonald tournament and this will double for your crappie fishing. Just add to the pile ever now and then to keep fresh brush there and also to increase the size of your pile.

Oak will last three to four years and willow is good for about two years. Willows will draw fish faster so add both and you will have a nice brush pile for a long time.

The water temp is still around 85 degrees.

I have dates open for August and September so give me a call if your interested in a trip to Lake Fork.

Jim Reaneau

1-888-918-5088

jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.