Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-11, 06:27 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Lost my 1st.....

Custom painted crankbait that is......That D22 crankbait that I repainted a baby bass design got hung in the riprap my first day of fishing with it, and I had no way to retrieve it other then yankin on my line.....and obviously that didn't work since its still at the bottom of the lake...lol....So today I decided to fabricate my own little lure retriever so I'd have a better chance of saving a hung up lure next time...lol. I've seen you guys build a few of your own so I thought I'd do the same using a 2oz weight a couple of screw eyes and some nylon rope.....fortunately the rope came on a nifty little holder thats gonna work great for my purpose.

Strangely, while I was in the hardware section of Walmart I heard someone calling my name.....I followed the voice till I ended up on the fishing isle but I didn't find anyone there.....but I did find a couple of new cranks to replace the ones I lost last time out, so I'm thinkin the Baitmonkey had something to do with this purchase. That and I keep hearing you guys talk about how good these KVD cranksbaits are...lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lure-retreiver.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	7051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lure-saver.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	7052  
Old 07-28-11, 07:12 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Looks pretty good King fish! Hope that lure retriever saves s few bucks for ya!
Old 07-28-11, 08:58 PM   #3
66KingFisher

Me and you both buddy.....I've lost too many lures the last few trips out....My partner has too, so hopefully this'll save both of us a few bucks.
Old 07-29-11, 04:10 AM   #4
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

If you have never tried one of the telescopic lure retrievers with the metal spiral on the end you should! I fish a lot of nasty stuff with cranks and I bet I haven't lost half a dozen to snags in the last several years since I got that lure retriever. Plus you can reach up into trees if you cast into a tree. Now I have lost some to big fish in that stuff but lure retrievers can't do much for you there!
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 10:41 AM   #5
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
If you have never tried one of the telescopic lure retrievers with the metal spiral on the end you should! I fish a lot of nasty stuff with cranks and I bet I haven't lost half a dozen to snags in the last several years since I got that lure retriever. Plus you can reach up into trees if you cast into a tree. Now I have lost some to big fish in that stuff but lure retrievers can't do much for you there!

Me and lowrider have a joke running about the telescopic retreiver we bought. Not only has it paid for itself by bringing in countless hung lures, and a rod that lowrider dropped off the side of the boat, but it has actually made us some money, snagging cranks, and spinnerbaits off of stumps. Our local lunker lake is very clear and we have retrieved more than 5 or 6 baits that were lost by someone other than us.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 12:25 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Looks like it should work Michael. You are going to love those KVD crankbaits too!
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 01:19 PM   #7
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Looks like it should work Michael. You are going to love those KVD crankbaits too!
Kory, your recent comments about KVD cranks on another post kinda sealed the deal for me to go ahead and buy a couple to try.....Now, I'm anxious to get them wet. I'll let ya know how they do.
Old 07-30-11, 01:39 PM   #8
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
Kory, your recent comments about KVD cranks on another post kinda sealed the deal for me to go ahead and buy a couple to try......
along with a little help from the monkey too????

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.