Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 10-07-11, 11:47 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Tried again today....

But as you might expect, we didn't have anywhere near the same results as our last fishing trip to this lake when we tore them up as soon as we hit the water.

This trip started off a bit different from the git-go.....After I parked the truck, and walked down the steep bank to get in the boat, I happened to ask Ron if he'd remembered to pay the $3 ramp usage fee....He said No, and jumped up and left the boat idling while he went to go put money in the little box....That took him a couple of minutes or so and we backed out and took off....Only our nose was high in the air for too long, and Ron mumbled something about me gaining weight....I keep waiting for him to trim out the boat or give it more gas or something when he says "Thats full throttle" and I see him shove the lever down but we are going nowhere fast. I replied with "Then we got serious issues"....about that time he says "Did you put the drain plug in"?....."UH NO...Didn't YOU"??

Needless to say we managed to get the plug in the boat before we had to beach it or sink....and then let the bilge pump do its thang for the next several minutes while we discuss how stupid we both can be....lol.....Epic Fail....

With catastrophy averted we get to fishin, and we start right were we did last time, but didn't get a bite.....finally we got sick of the wind in that area, and headed up the lake to sight see, as well as maybe find a protected area to hang out in.....We ended up going quite a ways up the main river channel that feeds this lake, and found several promising spots to try out in the future when the water returns to its normal level. I just managed to avoid getting skunked this trip, when I switched over to a Fluke about dusk and found one fat bass willing to try a taste....Sorry Ron....better luck next trip......But thats fishin, and we'll try to catch'em again next time.

Oh yeah....One final note, we learned that our rear storage compartments and those under the seats, are not what you'd call "Dry storage"......So when you forget to put in the drain plug and fill the back of the boat with water, all your stuff gets soaking wet.....Lesson learned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilham-lake-bass.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	7238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ron-fishin-Gilham.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	7239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilham_Panorama2.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	7240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilham-lake_Panorama1-copy.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	7241  
Old 10-08-11, 06:48 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Putting a plug in.
Nice looking water,been there done that,didnt even have anyone else to blame.
Are you aware a boat will float a strapped trailer,just dont unhook it.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 03:40 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

dang budrho.....great looking water. wish g'ville looked that calm today. i couldn't stay out there cause it got so rough.

maybe things will calm down here in a bit.

glad oyu are getting out some micheal.
Old 10-08-11, 08:18 PM   #4
keithdog

Boy, what a day. We've all had days like that. Sorry it turned out like it did. Gotta go better next time. Beuatiful photos as always!!!
Old 10-09-11, 12:14 AM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Truth be told I think that most boat owners have forgot the plug at least once (not me of course, I am too smart for that , ok I might have forgot once but it was not my fault...........somehow lol).

Glad you got out but I am sorry you didn't catch more fish. The pics are great as always though.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.