Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-05-06, 06:22 PM   #76
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

If I ignore the tourney indicator (I have little interest in them, similar to Fishing Dude), then I guess I fall somewhere between 5 and 6. 10 years experience, oh about 10 rods (really more, but lots of junk in the closet).

Of course everyone realizes how subjective this scale is, but hey, its for fun.
Old 06-06-06, 05:05 AM   #77
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I know this is a bot off the topic but my youngest has been honing his skills at a local gravel pitt. For the weather we are havung he is doing VERY well. Yesterday he came home with 5 and the day before he had 3. Got em on a crankbait. Guess the lil feller has been listening. There's no doubt in my mind that with some more time under his belt he is gonna be a VERY good bass fisherman.
Old 06-06-06, 04:03 PM   #78
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

We honed our skills at the many gravel pits around here too laser, I think the water stays cooler or something in the summer, people tend to think that the pits are super deep, and some are, but many have areas that have "humps" of rock and gravel, that make for some great fishing, plus when you are first starting out bass fishing, it takes you away from the
'beating the banks' type thinking..
sadly tho, we've had so many drownings at most of the quarrys, that the fishing is OFF limits now, due to liability / insurance issues... most of us know the owners and can get in if they are there, but to the general public is trespassing;
still it has cut our pit fishing 90%, we can't come and go as we please..
One thing that irked me over the years is all the littering you see at gravel pits, it used to be trash, then in the 80s and 90s it was booze bottles and
needles..our gravel pits are way out in the boonies where partiers go
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.