Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-27-05, 07:54 PM   #1
Park
BassFishin.Com Member

Default clear water gravel pits

hey guys,
i just got permision to fish an old old gravel pit in trotwood ohio,
i went last night for about an hour and caght 3, the bigest was 3 pds, but any way i need you help. the water is super super clear, and has all kinds of weed beds on th bottom. i am going to fish it tommorrow the weather will be a high of 86 and scattered showers all day. is there any help you guys can give me. thank you all.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 07:59 PM   #2
sumal
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sumal
Default Re: clear water gravel pits

sounds like a great place to fish wish i culd find a place like that around here
sumal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 10:36 PM   #3
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

well, you caught 3 today, you're doing something right. Typically when I fish clear water I downsize the presentation as much as I possibly can. I'd use 8 pound flurocarbon with a 4-6 inch worm. Use natural colors in clear water.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 11:32 PM   #4
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

Sounds like you got a good lake to try to get some fluke bites early in the morning with it being clear and having weeds. I would also try if I were you a rattle trap and I would let it sink in those weeds and rip it out and some jerkbaits. Make sure to use natural colors and for plastics match them to the bottom. Use realistic colors for the hard baits and work the fluke and cranks very fast to get them to bite in clear water. If your catching fish I would try to expand or play around with what has already produced because you are not far off probably.
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 11:38 PM   #5
fishwitch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishwitch

small jigging light easy jus bounce it on bottom early mournin wieghtles tikki stick and buzzbaits maybe a spook type plug and later a calolina riged worm or baby bush hog or maybe a lizard experiment with colors but id go with the light clear lines
fishwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 04:38 PM   #6
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

i use a wacky rig in the pit i fish at. just run it on the bank, or if u have a boat cast to the bank and work it back to the bank.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.