Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-09, 07:03 AM   #1
Randy
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up Lake Toho, Florida

I am planning on going to visit Lake Toho in Kissimmee this weekend. I live in Tampa and fish Lake Tarpon most of the time. Has anyone been on Toho lately? Maybe give up a little information , so I won't have to spend the morning searching.
I have fished the Kissimmee chain several times but it has been about a year since I have been back. Of course I will have to visit BPS in Orlando when I get out of the water, then stop by Hooters for some Wings & cold Beer.
Dangit man, I'm ready to leave NOW !!!!!!!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 08:02 AM   #2
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

With the rapid increase in water levels these lakes fish differently from day to day. I'm afraid that you are going to have to do a bit of searching.
Old 06-10-09, 09:18 AM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well, I'm sure the lake leaves will be high, I also know that Toho has lots of grass. So, by my thinking, the grass will be submerged in some places. So in the places with grass you can see out of the water, throw a fluke, what ever size you like, and also keep a rod with a willow spinnerbait it where the grass is thinner and submerged! make sure you keep the troll motor on high, making sure to target hole and pockets in the grass! You could also try a reaction innovations skinny dipper. Just my 0.2!

Toho is my dream lake, so, all I ask is that for giving you adivse, that you let me go with you, I'll only bring one rod!

Edit:

Also try some top waters like buzzbaits, jitter bugs and buzz frogs, in the morning and in the after noon when it gets rainy, hopefully the lighting wont send you home!

Last edited by Bassboss; 06-10-09 at 11:32 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 11:24 AM   #4
REDBULLCUBAN

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

when i got rented a skeeter up there the owner used to be a guide on that lake for 12 years, he showed me some spots on his gps, wich were mostly on the east end of the lake, but we ran this whole canal thats full of rocks and plenty of structure and pulled out some bass. (the day we went was raniny and windy) ill do some google earth for you and post it up so you can check it out if you like

Last edited by REDBULLCUBAN; 06-10-09 at 11:29 AM.
REDBULLCUBAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 11:30 AM   #5
REDBULLCUBAN

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

hope you catch some nice ones! they say there is alot of large bass pulled from there
also this is were we launched at, sorry for the size, the others were to small to see

Last edited by REDBULLCUBAN; 06-10-09 at 11:35 AM.
REDBULLCUBAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 12:15 PM   #6
Randy
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the replies. I will give it my best shot and I will post the results when I get back on Monday.
Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 10:50 PM   #7
TravisRush

This is funny...
I played in a World Series tournament there 4 summers back at the Wide World of Sports complex and my family and I went on an airboat...on Lake Toho. I had no idea until after I got home that it was such a great fishery. I remember all the emergent grass
TravisRush is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.