Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-09, 01:42 PM   #1
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default FLW at Kentucky Lake

Allen and I attended several of the events surrounding the FLW tour event at KentuckyLake this last week. We went to a pro night at Fisherman's Headquarters. Those of you who attended the KY lake event know where I am talking about. We went to the Chevy pro night and the final weigh in. All of the pros were very good to us, especially to Allen. After all Allen was the important one! He wanted to show off his painted crankbait picture and they were very accommodating. He came away with over 50 autographs, a big smile and lots of memories. They all made him feel important.

Dion Hibdon was at all three places we went. I was impressed that he recognized my son and talked to him like they were old pals from way back. Hibdon probably didn't realize it at the time, but Allen is now a fan of his. I listened to Hibdon give a seminar and it was very good and I learned a lot. I just wish more of the pros would have been speaking during the afternoon. I would highly recommend going to an FLW Tour Event if they are close to you. We were there for 6 hours yesterday and my six year old never got tired or bored! The picture below is Allen with his new buddy, Dion Hibdon.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Allen and Dion.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	480.1 KB
ID:	3746
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 02:17 PM   #2
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

dude that is really cool....... its great to meet the pros, i bet your son loved it, i really like the pros that come out and will talk to the fans, like me and all the other kids and adults.... Iaconelli is great at that, he will come out after weigh in and just hang around,. a lot of the other pros go to their boats and get ready for the next day.....thats why a lot of people love him
Old 06-15-09, 07:20 PM   #3
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's great man I am glad your son enjoyed the day , it's hard enough to keep a child that age interested for a short amount of time let alone 6 hours and i bet he was itching to get out and wet a line after the event right .

Jim
Old 06-15-09, 08:24 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

that is just outstanding pal. thanks for sharing the pic. outstanding of dion to remember your son as well. i bet your son will be hooked for life on fishing now without a doubt. congrats.
Old 06-15-09, 09:42 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

guido and dion are from here in missouri, about 3 hours from where i live. i have heard him give seminars before and he is a great guy and he is great at entertaining crowds. great pictures buddy and thanks for sharing the story.
Old 06-15-09, 09:59 PM   #6
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default cool

It's heartwarming when you hear such cool stories like that...there's a memory of a life time.....awesome. cya Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.