Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-09, 03:00 PM   #1
Randy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Murray SC

Well guys, I get to spend a week on Lake Murray SC. Just so happens my wifes father lives on the lake. We have a 4 bedroom house right on the water with my own boat ramp....Dangit man , can't wait to get there. I am taking the wife, 2 daughters , and my best freind ,the red & white Ranger 393 bass boat....yippee....I haven't fished that lake before . Is there any secrets I need to know about ? I grabbed 2 Sebile majic swim baits after watching Zona on one of the Bass Masters show. They said 22 out of 25 fisherman had those lures tied on for the final day of the tourney. I sure hope I get up there and hold my own with the guys that live there. I will be leaving Thursday the 2nd and comming back to Tampa the 8th. A little insight sure could help me out.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 03:13 PM   #2
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

a carolina rig and texas rig on points will catch u a few fish.

buzz bait, pop r, torpedo, etc. early in the morning.

not sure what the water looks like right now, but it is normally pretty clear. i have been there b4 and been able to pick out shells on the bottom in 10 ft of water.
Old 06-26-09, 09:27 PM   #3
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

ummmm, when are you goin, i havent fished murray in a couple months but last year i fished it a least once a month b/c clarks hill was down, but i got a tourney there next week

first thing, the sebile magic swimmer wont be all that productive (if at all) b/c the water is so hot... its a different time of the year, and the water clarity depends where you are, down by the damn i have seen 10 ft down, but usually up its muddy, like 2 feet visibility at best...

but go to a ledge or a point where it drops off on one or both sides and throw c-rigs, shakey heads, and t-rigs

anything else just pm me...... ohh water is probably 85 degrees of higher

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.