Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-11, 06:38 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Christmas Fishing (Pic heavy)

Went to my grandparents for Christmas in North Carolina (around Raleigh area) and luckily they live in a neighborhood with ponds and a lake. So here is the report:
December 23- Went with my brother to go fishing (he is a freshman at Clemson). I was throwing a rattle-trap while Robert was throwing his famous wacky-worm (pretty much all he throws- he loves to catch fish but isn’t much into the patience if we aren’t catching he wants to leave, he a great fisherman though) Well Robert goes on to catch the first 8 fish before I change to a texas rig, broke off my first bite (line broke, weird). Then I caught 2, finally. The big win of the day though was knocking lures out of trees, first one was a Sammy, next two were bomber crankbaits, and the last one was another Sammy. $40 of baits, nice haul. baits:
December 24- Next day I caught two on a drop shot. After the first one and missing one or two I made that first thread. Thanks for the help. The second was caught on a later trip.
December 25- (CHRISTMAS!!!) After the morning obligations (fishing stuff: I got a huge cabelas bag, gave dad his/(our) rod socks, and a BPS gift card) we went fishing. I caught the first Christmas fish, then on the “last cast” Robert had one bout rip the rod out of his hands. Next cast he caught it for his first Christmas fish. Then before we had to head back for lunch, I said we both needed to cast where earlier I had back to back cast where fish picked it up but I couldn’t hook them. GOOD DECISION!! Everything fell in place and we had a Christmas double. Just a cool experience with my brother on Christmas! double:
Christmas dinner: Yum!
December 26- Caught two in the morning on a drop shot on back to back cast, but did not get the third fish in a row even though I had the chance. Still need some practice with that fancy drop-shot and tiny hook. Later I went to the big lake down the road, caught nothing but mother nature sure did put on a show.
Ended up with a little over 20 fish, the biggest being a little over a pound, but it was a good time.
And here is what we got when we came back home:
Third time I'm trying to submit this: typed twice (put in in a word doc) saying being timed out, probably cause i left it up when i went to work
Old 12-29-11, 06:50 PM   #2
aikenyounggun

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-29-11, 06:52 PM   #3
aikenyounggun

Sorry about that guys: i failed obviously, then when i tried to edit it i couldnt find the image button thing. I tried to put them in the same order.
Old 12-29-11, 07:47 PM   #4
islandbass

Nice report! Is that the price of gas in your area? Dang! I might have to move. The cheapest stations out here are hovering at $3.28.
Old 12-30-11, 12:13 AM   #5
aikenyounggun

It was $2.88 a gallon, with a 50 cent discount. It's been hovering around three dollars, still the cheapest I have seen in a while, even before the discount
Old 12-30-11, 05:04 PM   #6
bassboogieman

I had a pair of shorts just like those, back in 1972 I think it was....................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 05:18 PM   #7
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Nice report. Sounds like you all had a great time together. Thats awsome pal! Nice haul on the "tree" lures too!
Old 12-30-11, 07:30 PM   #8
WatterBoy

Hey AYG, great report and pics. Sure looks like you guys had a great time!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 10:32 PM   #9
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Mmmmmmm...Roast Beef! That's what I had.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 11:59 PM   #10
aikenyounggun

Nothin like tasty prime rib for christmas dinner. Melt in your mouth goodness!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.