Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-15, 10:37 AM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default NRA rant

This morning at 8:05 AM my phone rang. It was a "professional fund raiser" that wanted me to listen to a recorded message from from "President LaPiere of the NRA" (actually I think he is the former president). Eight frickin oh five in the morning. Needless to say I was asleep as was my wife who is home from work with the flu and had a pretty fitfull night which I know because she woke me several times with her fits of coughing. Ok, I was upset. I asked this idiot what he was doing calling my home at eight in the morning - he proceeded to inform me it was actually eight OH Five and that he had a recorded message he wanted me to listen to. Now I am pissed! What an inconsiderate and obnoxious idiot, you can insert whichever obsenities you prefer to complete the thought of where I told him to stick his recorded message AND his clock. Oh yes I can deal in kind with such people.

Now, I believe the NRA to be a worthwhile organization, but I do not like the fact they are paying "professional fund raisers" to solicit donations or new memberships. That means that a part of any donation I make goes to paying the organization and the butt hole that woke me this morning. I believe I have made my feelings concerning telemarketers known on this forum before. I also believe in the Second Ammendment and think that should be amended to include defending oneself from the assault from telemarketers, shooting them would certainly be justified in my opinion - how about working on that NRA?

Rant is over. In the last hour I have sent an email to NRA, composed a letter, also to the NRA, and it sits in my mailbox awaiting the postman to pick up - it's snowing and the Challenger hates snow or I would have driven to to post office - and posted a rant here. Busy, busy morning. I guess the NRA will fold now that I have cancelled my membership and will not contribute any further money to them.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.