Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-05, 11:54 AM   #1
RangerAFC
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RangerAFC
Default im having the worst like ever

i broke 2 rods im not catching nothing there not bitting i hope they bite this weekend cuz its suppose to be like 62 on saturday and 64 on sunday but i dont think ill catch anything if anybody has a suggestion tell me or tell me what i need and ill go out and buy the stuff cuz i need alot more stuff. so if anyone has anything for me i live in pa levittown by philadelphia i want to catch more i havent caught anything since i wrote that i had a best day ever that was the last time so please please give me advice to catch or supplies

Fishermen dan
RangerAFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 06:37 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: im having the worst like ever

well, first off use some commas and more periods in your sentences. also, have a good attitude about it and fish your confidence baits.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 07:59 PM   #3
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

First. Â*I second the motion about learning to use some punctuation. Â*Most of the time I have no idea in the world what you're talking about, and I'm usually too old, too lazy, and too stubborn to try to decode it. Â*You're the one who's asking for help. Â*We don't have to give it. Â*

Second. Â*If you've broken two rods this year, you're doing something really wrong. Â*It's not the rods fault. Â*It's your fault. Â*What were you doing when you broke them?

Third. Â*You can buy all the "stuff" you want and it won't help a bit if you've got an attitude that says "I probably won't catch anything", you're not going to catch anything. Â*You don't want advice, you want instant success. Â*You don't want to lean anything. Â*You want to go out and "buy it". Â*You can't do that. Â*

Fishing success comes from hard work, time on the water and a million casts and learning something from each cast rather you catch anything or not. Â*If you're not willing to LEARN, you can "buy stuff" from now 'till doomsday and it won't help you a bit.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-05, 11:59 PM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I busted 2 rods in one day one time-slammed the rod box lid on one and whacked the other on the engine when I missed a hookset. Said a few choice things that day ;D

pfk, give us some specifics-cover, water temp, etc. That will help with suggestions. Some days they just don't bite.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 12:17 AM   #5
Daiwa_Baitcaster
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Daiwa_Baitcaster

My dad broke his when the spare battery fell on it in the bed of the truck.Pissed him off
Daiwa_Baitcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 12:25 AM   #6
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

That is the usual reaction ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 12:27 AM   #7
Daiwa_Baitcaster
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Daiwa_Baitcaster

I never knew my dad had such a colorful vocabulary
Daiwa_Baitcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 07:29 AM   #8
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

[quote author=Crappie_Man link=board=MessBoards;num=1112280890;start=0#6 date=03/31/05 at 22:27:12]I never knew my dad had such a colorful vocabulary[/quote]

when i broke a rod, i never knew i had such colorful vocabulary ;D
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 09:22 AM   #9
RangerAFC
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Crappie_Man link=board=MessBoards;num=1112280890;start=0#4 date=03/31/05 at 22:17:22]My dad broke his when the spare battery fell on it in the bed of the truck.Pissed him off[/quote]

i broke them when i was setting the hook. i got pissed off and but i still had the fish on though

Fishermen dan
Old 04-01-05, 09:28 AM   #10
RangerAFC
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=MessBoards;num=1112280890;start=0#3 date=03/31/05 at 21:59:09]I busted 2 rods in one day one time-slammed the rod box lid on one and whacked the other on the engine when I missed a hookset. Â*Said a few choice things that day ;D

pfk, give us some specifics-cover, water temp, etc. Â*That will help with suggestions. Â*Some days they just don't bite.[/quote]
the lake has wood structure alot of trash in it. it also has a canal that goes to another lake. but theres alot of cover. theres bluffs coves and theirs a streAM that goes to a little pond in the back of the woods and u can fish back their in the boat so what is ur suggestion

Fishermen dan
Old 04-01-05, 10:17 AM   #11
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

man if it broke setting the hook, that has to be a cheap rod.i had a cheap rod once and the whole thing snapped in half when i set the hook.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 03:15 PM   #12
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

Try using ugly stick rods. They shouldn't break and will last you a lifetime. After you learn more and desire to upgrade your rods you can. Fish slow. Change baits. Take your time to try to figure out each different location you fish. Read all the posts on here and you'll learn more than you thought possible. Listen to CajunBass. He gave you some very good information.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 08:41 PM   #13
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

until then you may want to take a few writing lessons and change that moniker to ...oh,i don't know..maybe....amateur kid fishermen......... :
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-05, 01:58 PM   #14
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

[quote author=bassintom link=board=MessBoards;num=1112280890;start=0#12 date=04/01/05 at 18:41:13]until then you may want to take a few writing lessons and change that moniker to ...oh,i don't know..maybe....amateur kid fishermen......... :[/quote]

good one ;D
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.