Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-09, 10:50 AM   #26
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimbaitkid View Post
Ok go to this link and watch this video, the last half is the pictures with me fishing with all of them, thats as much proof as I can give you over the interent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4LEk5EA9Oo
YOU, are the luckiest mo fo ever!

WTG SBK!
Old 06-10-09, 07:33 PM   #27
TGRrod
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Oh, I didn't mean anything negative about Tigers, Tim. I haven't ever even held one in my grubby paws. I was mostly referring to high-end Megabass, Diawa, etc. where to me, it seemed they spent as much on fancy gold trim and paint job as to the performance of it. Like I said, I might in the future want a real fancy custom rod for the total package, but the St. Croix's I am using now are kind of my workhorses...nothing extra fancy, just performance.

I have looked at your prices, and they fall inbetween what I'm using and the "boutique" stuff. Very reasonable from what I've seen. When I'm ready, I'm sure you'll hear from me.
No sir, I know you did not mean anything negative. We believe in building quality rods over alot fancy smancy extras that just look good. Like on the snakeskin it was something we thought might be different for people to be proud to own. Believe me we have tried different things and the only thing guys like you and others want that love to fish is quality products. Saying that, I will say this, that we use what we know is high quality products. Speaking with several repeat customers the thing we hear over and over is that our rods are same feel in weight and stronger sensitivity than that of a GLX. If you or anyone has questions contact me by email or call me my # is 205-577-0149.
TGRrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 11:15 PM   #28
zooker

having used sa4l's mega bass rod. just playing with it at ky.. i was not very impressed by them way to light and flimsy feeling..they would do well with a drop shot or a shakey head rod..

but if you used one in any kind of tangle they would be under gunned..

zooker
Old 06-11-09, 02:21 AM   #29
southernbassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Speaking as a customer of Tigerodz I think they are great rods. I've got 2 of them, a crankbait rod that gets used from crankbaits all the way to trick worms and a 7ft10in flippin stick that is just incredible. Anyone that has ever seen this rod is always impressed. I do have other brands like g-loomis and allstar. But the Tigerod has just a better feel to it. Sorry nofearengineer I can't say how they compare to a St. Croix, I've never used one. And as for the snakeskin rod they have I have seen one in person and it looks and feels so cool. I've got to save my milkmoney to get one of those!
southernbassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 01:05 PM   #30
Bassboss

Ya, those are some pretty sweet rod for sure! Price is OUTRAGEOUS though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinID View Post
Brice, if you have ever gone to tackletour.com and watched some of their videos and seen some of their reviews you will see some megabass stuff. they always get amazing reviews in everything but pirce. I agree with the ridiculousness of the prices though. They (megabass) have a new reel out called the monoblock which runs like 950! :O
The reviews are great aint they! But check this out... 90$ rod too... http://www.tackletour.com/reviewairrusac661mh.html

This is a 500 dollar rod, and it got a worse review than the Airrus!
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewmbxfti.html
Old 06-12-09, 03:25 PM   #31
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Well BassBoss, they also weigh price heavily so that is a big factor in their rating.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 04:40 PM   #32
Bassboss

Quote:
Well BassBoss, they also weigh price heavily so that is a big factor in their rating.
Very true! Same with the Airrus rod! I think they gave it a 10 for price, that may be the reason it got such great ratings! And every thing but price, the megabass rod got a 9 or higher!
Old 06-12-09, 08:35 PM   #33
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Yea, they say price is only 1/5 of the equation, but if you look at the other categories you will see things like great construction for the price and it will get like an 8, while if an expensive item was constructed the same they would grill it. A good example of this is the shimano curado and citica e, the citica got just as good a rating, but everyone that commented on the tests says that the curado is a much better reel. Although they felt that both were outstanding.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 10:40 AM   #34
Bassboss

Quote:
Yea, they say price is only 1/5 of the equation, but if you look at the other categories you will see things like great construction for the price and it will get like an 8, while if an expensive item was constructed the same they would grill it. A good example of this is the shimano curado and citica e, the citica got just as good a rating, but everyone that commented on the tests says that the curado is a much better reel. Although they felt that both were outstanding.
Very good point you got there!
Old 06-14-09, 11:00 AM   #35
pacordon
BassFishin.Com Member

the million-aire, when asked why he paid $500.000 for a classy upscale sportscar. his answered, because I can afford it!! Must be nice
pacordon is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.