Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-12-09, 08:25 PM   #1
rgouldjr
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Movin to Colorado

Hey all,

So I am in the military and they are moving me to Ft Carson, CO which is located in Colorado Springs. I love Bass Fishin, but hardly get to go durin the spring or summer months. I was curious as to whether anyone knows if there is any Largemouth or Smallmouth Bass up in Colorado.....I don't care how far I have to travel, I would just like to know. And if no one is really to sure, where could I look to find out that information?

Rob
rgouldjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 08:32 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

heres a link to col. bass fishing, but not any specfic lake
click

this next link tells of lakes to hit in col. click here
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 03:44 AM   #3
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The wife and I lived in Woodland park Colorado for awhile and moved away after the birth of our first daughter.....Woodland park is like 18 miles up the Ute pass from the Springs.....past pikes peak.....absolutely beautiful area.....and lots of steams and lakes to fish, but unfortunately your not really in bass country.....your in trout country.....but none the less I believe they do have bass in some lakes around the area.....If I remember correctly theres a lake down around Pueblo thats stocked with bass.....thats not too terribly far south of the Springs.....and a few lakes near Denver(north of the springs)are also shown to be stocked with bass but i've never fished them.

Just so you'll know there is a B.A.S.S. affiliated bass fishing club in the Springs...the Pikes peak bassmasters....their website is http://www.eteamz.com/PikesPeakBassmasters/

I'll bet those guys can put ya on some bass once ya get there......otherwise grab the ultralight or flyrod and hit those gorgous lakes and streams all around the Springs.....i've fished Eleven mile canyon reservoir for trout(they also have smallies) and Rampart Range reservoir near woodland park is a gorgous little lake that I caught trout on.....have fun in your new home and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.