Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-21-09, 04:58 PM   #1
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default Should be heating up soon

The bass action that is.
Just recently started spending any time in the 80s and what beds are left are being guarded by the males.
Been a slow season so far due to the cool temps
I'm not a patient person.....
Old 06-21-09, 05:00 PM   #2
bamabassman

lol, patience young one (hahaha, yea i know you old fart,lol), come they will, bass will feed soon.

it is in the hundreds here already when you include the heat index.
Old 06-21-09, 05:06 PM   #3
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
lol, patience young one (hahaha, yea i know you old fart,lol), come they will, bass will feed soon.

it is in the hundreds here already when you include the heat index.
I honestly don't know how you guys do it. My dad and stepmom are here from Vegas and he complains how cold it is when it's in the 70s lol
Old 06-21-09, 05:08 PM   #4
bamabassman

hgahahahaha, yea, ya have to grow up here i guess to deal with it. although sometimes i am ready to take a vacation to the north during heated days like these. 70's? man, get to wear a lite jacket huh? hahahahaha, kidding, 70's are great kinda days.
Old 06-21-09, 05:37 PM   #5
MallenManson

Quote:
hgahahahaha, yea, ya have to grow up here i guess to deal with it. although sometimes i am ready to take a vacation to the north during heated days like these. 70's? man, get to wear a lite jacket huh? hahahahaha, kidding, 70's are great kinda days.

Bein a roofer, I wish the highs would stay in the 70s year round.
But no, I get to deal with 80s and sometimes 90s in the summer, single digits in the winter.
Ya know, I could probably deal with the heat you guys get down south if it meant I didn't hafta run out to my car in the morning to start it and then run back inside while it warmed up lol.
I actually worked in such an extreme cold last winter that my knees got frostbit
Old 06-21-09, 07:59 PM   #6
Bassboss

Yup it's the same thing here as it is with bama it's 7:56 and heat index is 103! It gets dark at 8:30!

Bass action here has S-L-O-W-E-D WAY down! Haven't been able to catch a good one since the 13th, I caught a dink on a bacon rind (brush hog knock off) last Saturday. We way go night fishing next weekend.... we'll see though!
Old 06-21-09, 09:10 PM   #7
freakyfish
BassFishin.Com Member

I was about to say that Bassboss.Everything around here isn't getting any oxygen.Every lake is really shallow.If you can find deep water by good weed growth you may have a chance.But all the boats I talk to are doing real bad too.If they do catch something its a dink or a cold. I hope it gets good soon.
freakyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-09, 09:28 PM   #8
nofearengineer

Yeah, I went fishing last night trying to beat the heat. (Southern Indiana...94 degrees and fairly humid yesterday). At midnight, the water temperature was 84 degrees. Lord. That's almost hot tub territory. Areas that had been absolutely stacked with fish a couple of weeks ago at 74 degrees were absolute graveyards. I would go 5-10 minutes between a lonely baitfish or two on my fish finder. I figure the big baitfish schools moved north towards the dam and deeper, cooler water, but with the night-time speed limits, I didn't want to get caught in a random T-storm an hour from the ramp. I settled for nearly breaking my leg slipping and falling on a wet dock instead while trailering my rig. <whine> Oh well, I'll know better next time. Live and learn.
Old 06-21-09, 09:33 PM   #9
JB

Ya need a mini me JB to help ya trailer bryce, and stock up on some band aids
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-09, 09:36 PM   #10
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyfish View Post
I was about to say that Bassboss.Everything around here isn't getting any oxygen.Every lake is really shallow.If you can find deep water by good weed growth you may have a chance.But all the boats I talk to are doing real bad too.If they do catch something its a dink or a cold. I hope it gets good soon.
You're in Florida too?

Ya, my main pond has a shiz load of vegetation, lots of hydrilla, that's one of the main problems! I can't work a worm with out getting the bullet sinker, and the first bend in the hook covered in the stuff! I've tried weightless worms too, I've got those through the stuff fine, but I don't get anything, even if I dead stick it and make on cast last 5min, even letting it sit on the bottom and twitching the rod every 2-30 seconds. It could be that I'm not feeling any of the bites with my cheeps azz rod! I hooked 4 on a 2" 1/8o swim bait, but the hook is so small they get off right away, or on the first jump! I'm even having problems getting a top water bit a half hour before dark! I think what I have to do is get some floating worms/lizards and put them on a c-rig with the bullet weight 4-5 feet up the line with a "J" hook. I've been wanting to get down to another place (large carnal) and use a c-rig or Deep crank! I've also got a few swimbaits I think will work well if I let it sink to the bottom and reel back up slow!

Almost got heat exhaustion two weeks ago... ran out of water! Thank God I had a phone!
Old 06-21-09, 09:58 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Ya need a mini me JB to help ya trailer bryce, and stock up on some band aids
Haha...yeah, but if you think you had trouble reaching the pedals...think how much trouble Mini-me JB would have.

You know how graceful and nimble I normally am JB. It's even worse now that I've hurt both knees. Gonna be a slow, painful week. However, I supect even if my knee was bending backward instead of forward, I would still find the wherewithal to go fishing next weekend.
Old 06-21-09, 10:01 PM   #12
freakyfish
BassFishin.Com Member

Ya! I live here central Florida by Istokpoga lake.I alway's fish back canal that goes from Istokpoga to Okeechobee lake.Have you used Okeechobee punch bait for the matts.Sometimes you have to punch a bunch of times before you get a strike.Sometimes you can get bigger ones that way.Butt you will probably have to wait for oxygen level to go back up.They also say canals are usualy the first to lose oxygen.
freakyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-09, 10:30 PM   #13
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
I honestly don't know how you guys do it. My dad and stepmom are here from Vegas and he complains how cold it is when it's in the 70s lol
ahh... the 70's are great temps. could stay like that all year for all I care. supposed to be 85+ all week here! ugh...

BB
Old 06-21-09, 10:34 PM   #14
bamabassman

bb......our lows are around 85 bud. hahahahahha. wanna come down? hahahahahahha.
Old 06-21-09, 10:36 PM   #15
BigBassin144

naw, I was down there a couple years ago. It was around95, and I was dumb enough to go out a black bass boat...

BB
Old 06-21-09, 10:41 PM   #16
bamabassman

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! got me there bud. goodun man. real good one pal.

hopefully sooner than later, that black boat is gonna be white and crimson. roll tide baby, roollll tide.
Old 06-21-09, 11:04 PM   #17
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Mallen, I've been hearing the south end of Grand Traverse Bay is really on fire right now. I know you said you don't go out there, but the other lakes in the area should be just getting done with the major spawn so get ready for some topwater action! I got them really good after the spawn down here on a spook.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 06:25 PM   #18
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
ahh... the 70's are great temps. could stay like that all year for all I care. supposed to be 85+ all week here! ugh...

BB
I LOVE the 70s! I don't mind whatsoever, wearing my sweatshirt at work in the morning, and again in the evening lol
One of the many reasons Fall is my favorite season
Old 06-22-09, 06:26 PM   #19
MallenManson

Quote:
bb......our lows are around 85 bud. hahahahahha. wanna come down? hahahahahahha.
How's December lookin?
Old 06-22-09, 06:28 PM   #20
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Mallen, I've been hearing the south end of Grand Traverse Bay is really on fire right now. I know you said you don't go out there, but the other lakes in the area should be just getting done with the major spawn so get ready for some topwater action! I got them really good after the spawn down here on a spook.
Sounds great to me! I should be putting my boat on the water at least one day this weekend and possibly both days.
If so, probably Little Platte and Cedar Hedge
Old 06-22-09, 11:01 PM   #21
bamabassman

mallen december is when it starts to get cold here. yes we have freezzing winters here. very little snow, but it sure gets cold. wet humid cold too. not dry cold like up north. ugly winters here,lol.
Old 06-22-09, 11:09 PM   #22
BigBassin144

Quote:
mallen december is when it starts to get cold here. yes we have freezzing winters here. very little snow, but it sure gets cold. wet humid cold too. not dry cold like up north. ugly winters here,lol.
This is coming from the guy who was wearing coats when it was 60-65 and humid as hell in Kentucky, lol

BB
Old 06-22-09, 11:10 PM   #23
bamabassman

hahahahahahahaha.
Old 06-22-09, 11:29 PM   #24
BigBassin144

lol, John, you want real winter, come visit us in January. We'll take ya ice fishing! lol, and still, we don't have "real" winter here.

BB
Old 06-23-09, 04:48 PM   #25
bamabassman

hahahahaha, no thaks anthony. been i chitown in feb. once. hated it. you can have it up there bud. i'll visit in the fall and spring. oh i forgot your spring is in june right? hahahahahahahhaa.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.