Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 09-25-13, 01:25 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Frog fishing????

Friend of mine sent out this story along with the picture. You never know what you might catch.......

"After getting my oil changed last Wednesday morning, my mechanic noticed a rod in the back of my truck with a popping frog tied on it. He asked if I ever catch anything on the frog. I told him that sometimes it produces very well. He asked if I would show him how to catch a fish on it and I replied sure!. We headed to the back of his property where he has a 2-3 acre pond. Fran and I caught bluegill out of this pond to stock Phillip Bolin Park's pond in the Spring. When we arrived, I proceeded to cast and retrieve the frog for about 20 minutes without a strike. I told Mike that I really didn't expect much as I suspected that there were no bass in the pond. Plenty of crappie and bluegill, but no bass. I based that opinion on the fact that Fran and I fished nightcrawlers under bobbers for about 3 hours in the Spring and did not see a single bass.....of any size. I finally cast the frog parallel to the bank and retrieved it through a patch of willow grass. As I twitched it, something came up and swiped at it without taking it. I let it sit a couple of seconds and twitched it again. Once more, something came up and swiped at it and missed. After another few seconds of allowing it to sit still, I twitched it again and it disappeared. I waited a couple of seconds and set the hook. While Mike was saying you got a bass, I was telling him that it was probably a big bluegill. It did not fight like a bass. I horsed it in and......lo and behold..........the big boss of the pond. You all know how big I am. Check out the attachment. This bullfrog must be 24" long and weigh almost two pounds."

Strange that my first thought when seeing this was of chicken wings...........

Last edited by 3dkicker; 09-25-13 at 01:32 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-13, 06:55 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Leapin lizards that's a big frog! I've been known to regress to being 10 years old when fishing for bass is dead, and play around with frogs to see what I can catch them on. haha

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.